June 1st announcement

Ha ha Tony...always the comedian, and I presume, correct at some point. Like, I dunno, Titanium???? Plutonium???? Kryptonium???:D (zirconian??:p)

Hi Meg. I hope your Mom is doing well. :)

That is good news. Had a Crown and Anchor discount coupon for my Mariner cruise but couldn't combine it with the Next Cruise discount of $100 OBC.

Not sure whether any of this makes a lot of difference, because something will disappear somewhere else to compensate. Last cruise, booked next cruise while onboard. Got $100 OBC, two-category upgrade (worth another $100), and reduced deposit. Now if the "new" C&A bennies allow us to add a further balcony upgrade or OBC to that, along with the mythological C&A discount coupon, I might be able to stop yawning...

Try a positive attitude!

Wow! Everyone is so negative! Wait and see! If disappointed then vent your frustrations, if there are benefits that fit your disires, then heap praise!

Wow! that is like complaining that winter is over because it will get warm and you won't be able to shovel snow!

I am quite sure if the benefits are positive there will be tons of praise. But looking back on the past few years can you really fault people for being a bit jaded and skeptical? RCI's idea of enhancment to our cruise experiences has seemed to center more on enhancing the flow of cash from our bank accounts to theirs.

We will see how it all plays out.

In every Q&A meeting I have attended with Adam Goldstein, he has stated that coupons and benefits would not again be combined. He said it was a mistake to ever allow them to have been combined.

I find that particular rumour highly suspect and more than likely only wishful thinking.

In every Q&A meeting I have attended with Adam Goldstein, he has stated that coupons and benefits would not again be combined. He said it was a mistake to ever allow them to have been combined.

I find that particular rumour highly suspect and more than likely only wishful thinking.

Adam Goldstein reports to Richard Fain. Lucky for us that Mr. Fain has the last word on what will and will not be included in any changes..........and he did not like all the negative emails he has received over the last almost 2 years regarding the elimination of combining benefits.

Your other post is funny, too..............

NOT

Gina

Adam Goldstein reports to Richard Fain. Lucky for us that Mr. Fain has the last word on what will and will not be included in any changes..........and he did not like all the negative emails he has received over the last almost 2 years regarding the elimination of combining benefits.

He didn't like the e-mails. We didn't like the changes.:p

Cruise Critic represents on a miniscule portion of total RCI cruisers in general. If it were totally up to Richard Fain, you would be paying far more for your RCI cruises than you are now.

Cruise Critic represents on a miniscule portion of total RCI cruisers in general. If it were totally up to Richard Fain, you would be paying far more for your RCI cruises than you are now.

No I wouldn't.

He didn't like the e-mails. We didn't like the changes.:p

So tomorrow will tell if he actually read those emails.:D

For just joining, you are a wealth of information.:eek: Are you working undercover?

No I wouldn't.

I'll second that.

No I wouldn't.

That is fine. As a shareholder, I want RCI to raise rates 10% across the board. The average cruiser will not notice and those that do complain about prices as it is. Some will go away but that is ok.

As a shareholder, R. Fain answers to the board and to me. Allowing the combinability of discounts makes zero sense. You can't go to the store and combine coupons on a can of peas.

Adam Goldstein admits it was a mistake to ever allow it and I am so pleased it stopped.

Just off Majesty this morning. Probably do not have all the information that will be in tomorrow's announcement, but here is what I do know:

1. Tiers will not change. Still the same # of cruises to reach the various levels.

2. Diamond + will receive additional benefits. She did not say anything about Diamond losing anything, just that D+ would receive more/better benefits to better differentiate them from Diamond

3. Biggie for me - will be able to combine certain benefits again. Balcony discounts will be combinable with the savings certs (if avail). In addition, you will be able to combine EITHER the OBC for booking onboard OR the shareholder OBC. So now at least we will be able to combine up to 3 benefits again. I thought that was totally a move in the right direction.

LA said everything will be posted to the site tomorrow, and unlike the last annoucement, she said this one was concise and very understandable. Guess we will see once it is posted tomorrow.

That is what I found out this morning while waiting to depart and talking to Rene the LA.

Hi also off the Majesty today and was told that cruise credits earned for shorter cruises like the 3 day and 4 day will change. The person did not elaberate on that so neither will I.

The person also confirmed that the effective date will be 6/4.

Benefits will increase. This person explained that market research indicated that they needed to do more to compete with other loyaly programs.

Levels will not change "this time" Still same levels with the same credits needed for each level.

That is fine. As a shareholder, I want RCI to raise rates 10% across the board. The average cruiser will not notice and those that do complain about prices as it is. Some will go away but that is ok.

As a shareholder, R. Fain answers to the board and to me. Allowing the combinability of discounts makes zero sense. You can't go to the store and combine coupons on a can of peas.

Adam Goldstein admits it was a mistake to ever allow it and I am so pleased it stopped.

That's not true...at my local supermarket if they have buy one get one free, I can still use a coupon. That's 2 different discounts. Too bad they don't have that with cruises.:)

PS I have been a stockholder for many years so it is my company also.

So what the LA told you is quite the contrary to what was told to the OP that started this thread C&A Changes - Positive! (multipage.gif1 2 3 ... Last Page

Now, who do we believe??:rolleyes: And no mention of when these new benefits go into effect.............that's THE BIG QUESTION.

Where's the contradiction? They sound pretty close to the same to me...the combinable discounts is the best part the only thing I missed :)

So what the LA told you is quite the contrary to what was told to the OP that started this thread C&A Changes - Positive! (multipage.gif1 2 3 ... Last Page

Now, who do we believe??:rolleyes: And no mention of when these new benefits go into effect.............that's THE BIG QUESTION.

Kinda sounds like the call center:D Depends on who you talk to

I am quite sure if the benefits are positive there will be tons of praise. But looking back on the past few years can you really fault people for being a bit jaded and skeptical? RCI's idea of enhancment to our cruise experiences has seemed to center more on enhancing the flow of cash from our bank accounts to theirs.

We will see how it all plays out.

I agree.........it's hard to be positive sometimes when you look at recent history and track record.........

I truly hope RC does something for good PR and customers.........even if they only do it once in a blue moon.........

I am a shareholder also and I don't want rates going up 10%. You say it is ok for some to go away. I find that unacceptable.

A lot of us here are shareholders. You are one of many. Big deal. Mr Fain answers to you? Why don't you give him a call tonight and tell him about the rate plan you want implemented immediately. Then I'll give him a call and tell him that I want it revoked. He won't know what to do.

Where's the contradiction? They sound pretty close to the same to me...the combinable discounts is the best part the only thing I missed :)

Because in the C&A Changes - Positive! thread started on May 28th it was stated that "Apparantly, the stockholder credit is still being debated".

In this thread that was started today it was posted that "In addition, you will be able to combine EITHER the OBC for booking onboard OR the shareholder OBC"

So, I guess the debate lasted less than 3 days.:D

I don't want that at all. I would hope they would return to customer friendly, keep their ships full and increase market share as a result of good customer relations..........but I realize some people will sail RC no matter what their prices are.........I don't think there is anything wrong with loving RC, but keeping their feet to the fire so to speak when it comes to their customers.

I am a shareholder also and I don't want rates going up 10%.

And why not? The easiest way to make a profit and return a high rate of return would be to raise rates 10% if not more.

In fact, there is a video interview with Richard Fain where he said rates are nowhere near where they SHOULD be.

Archived