Traditional Board Games??

Latteluver

Hi, a rather trivial question for all you cruising experts out there!

Are there traditional board games available for use on the Grand Princess?

My kids love 'Monopoly', 'Ludo' etc and we will bring our own if there are not any onboard.

Many thanks:p

I've seen & used:

Connect Four

Taboo

Scrabble

Pictionary

Trivial Pursuit

Life

Checkers

Backgammon

Chess

Uno

Sorry

They usually don't have Monopoly, but if you're lucky enough to find it, many of the cards, pieces and money are missing. We're really "into" playing board games as a family, so we invested in the nice zippered travel games found here:

http://www.amazon.com/Hasbro-40387-Scrabble-Game-Folio/dp/B000063KCJ

These are really convenient to have in your cabin or on the plane. There are a variety of games that come in these neat zippered pouches. This is also another resource for travel games:

http://www.educationallearninggames.com/travel-games.asp

Our favorite game is Scrabble. I bought a travel set after our Sun Princess cruise. On that ship, apparently a lot of passengers were not taught how to share. They borrowed the games from the library and kept them in their cabins.

So if you have a favorite game, bring it along. Don't count on it being available when you want to play it.

I've seen people do that too, Herb. They've kept a game in their cabin the whole week. :mad: This is precisely why we bought our own travel Scrabble. When we have found the games available, some of the letters were missing and I don't enjoy doing letter inventory before playing.

There was definetly Monopoly on the Diamond last week, also not mentioned there was Balderdash, Jenga and Yahtzee.

I believe there were several Mahjong sets too. I tried to talk my husband into borrowing one, but he was having none of it!

Crown Royal [whiskey ]"bag" is the best for keeping our "Tridominoes" in. We keep in in our carryon and have played the game on airplanes/trains/ships/restaurants and hotel lobbies.

So much fun, especially when you play for something! ;):p

Archived