Allegiant/JetBlue/SouthWest/Spirit/Virg Amer/-New opening of rate schedules-post here

Host Mike

You will be good to go, no fighting to get to the onboard computers to do a check-in. SW will do the check-in for you and you will be in boarding group A. This is done 36 hrs before the flight so the EB's will be checked in before the passengers doing the 24 hr check in. It is really worth the money if you don't want to waste any of your cruise time. When you get to the airport, all you need to do is pick-up you boarding pass. You can also select to do the Early-Bird check in only for the return trip. This will save some $$ if you really don't need or want it for the first part of your trip.

When you go to purchase you ticket online, there will be box for you to check asking if you want the EB service. You can select it round trip or only for one-way. When your credit card statement shows up, it will not be rolled in with the flight charge, it will show as an additional $10 expense- just a heads-up on that for your records.

Thank you for the above info. This has been most helpful. Probably will do just the EB for the return.

Thanks rugrats for the headsup on Boarding, it is not a priority for us, so all will be well no matter what category.

There is no guarantee that you will be in the A group with Early Bird Check-in.

You're right, no guarantee that you will get an "A" check-in but SW states it's more than likely that you will. We have been using this option since it was introduced and have never not been in the -A- group. My fiance is 6'4 and if we cannot get a seat with extra leg room than it is a miserable flight so we don't mind paying the little extra. It is a very nice perk and a bonus for cruisers who cannot check in 24 hrs before hand. :)

OP, here is a link from SW that can explain it a little better.

http://www.southwest.com/html/generated/help/faqs/earlybird_checkin_faq.html

Edited by Hoosiercouple

Just booked our Southwest tickets this morning :D. No point in doing early bird check in as we likely be the last to board. Taking a big risk on a 10h30 flight out of Tampa. It is the only non-stop direct flight of the day and will get us home much, much earlier. There are 4 other flights that day so if we don't make it we will likely still get home :rolleyes:. We only travel with carry-on and will get off the ship with our luggage before they start to call colors.

I would never take a chance to get to a ship but on the way home it matters a whole lot less.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
:confused: Anyone know when JetBlue flights will be up for May?? I was going to call or e-mail but sounds like it would be a hassle. Thought I'd try here first!!!

Thanks-

Betsy

Jet Blue has extended their schedule beyond April 30, 2012, as of today.

Mary

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
According to the Southwest page: "On May 21, 2012, we will open our schedule for sale through January 4, 2013."

So, now to keep watching, since I need Feb 2013.

I just want to thank you so much!!! Usually I do not go to these sticky posts but I was curious as to the type of information in them. I have actually been watching Airtran and Southwest website to see when they will open up past November 2, 2012 as my group and I need air travel for December 8-15, 2012. I have never saw that message on their website but am glad that you did and that you posted it. I now have something to tell my group and plans to make since I finally have a concrete date.:D