Magic is going to................

Legend

Oh you're good to go.....they just booked you before they were suppose to but Carnival will still honor it. :D

Good to know...I read several posts suggesting that Carnival might cancel those bookings. I'm SO excited!

So far so good...our booking on the TA is still showing up! LOL..says "You cruise in 499 days"

keeping my fingers crossed that they don't cancel those of us who managed to book before they pulled the plug!:rolleyes:

I doubt Carnival would cancel any bookings, as it is there intention to fill their ships. A $1000 deposit was required for ES and it is a non refundable booking under ES. We booked two days ago at noon through our PVP and there were no problems at all, my booking showed up on the Carnival website shortly after I got the booking number. As of last night, everything was there except the transatlantic itinerary, more specific than just the "stops"

Not sure if Platinum status had anything to do with when we were able to book (I doubt it), but from what I can gather, the people having the most trouble booking are looking to book on the website or through a Travel Agent or travel website. Has anyone actually called their PVP at Carnival and got told they cannot book? So many have booked according to the Roll Call for the Transatlantic (that has been active since Jan 2010)

We were told on Monday at around noon that we were the 10th booking (not sure of the accuracy of this but that is what they told us when they took our deposit.)

Good to know...I read several posts suggesting that Carnival might cancel those bookings. I'm SO excited!

Na......and if you are anyone that did book on that glitch has their PVP tell them differently...........then email me and I'll direct you to the right person at Carnival to fix it ;)

You can sign into my bookings and see all the dates Carnival has programmed into their computer...its all in there, even if they have not formally announced it yet.

Looks like at first Magic will be doing 7 days... I didnt look and add up the time past mid Dec .. but you can see the dates yourself in spite of people who say no one knows ...I think its known. I can see the dates for Magic. Why would I think they would put in the dates if they were not for real?

I believe its because they are still deciding other things that its not announced, not because the dates showing are not known.

Fire, do you have a link for that? I can not find listing for any Magic cruises out of the US. The only thing that I can find is Med cruises.

My CVP emailed me that the TA was open for day and then poofed! She thinks it was an error on Carnival's part. She also said she believed the inside cabins were starting at $799. Here's the itinerary:

Emb City: BARCELONA Emb Time: 12:30pm until 04:30pm

Day Port of Call Arrive Depart

FRI BARCELONA, SPAIN 5:00 PM

SAT PALMA DE MALLORCA, SPAIN 8:00 AM 6:00 PM

SUN FUN DAY AT SEA

MON MALAGA, SPAIN 8:00 AM 5:00 PM

TUE FUN DAY AT SEA

WED LAS PALMAS,CANARY IS 8:00 AM 4:00 PM

THU FUN DAY AT SEA

FRI FUN DAY AT SEA

SAT FUN DAY AT SEA

SUN FUN DAY AT SEA

MON FUN DAY AT SEA

TUE FUN DAY AT SEA

WED GRAND TURK 9:00 AM 6:00 PM

THU FUN DAY AT SEA

FRI FUN DAY AT SEA

SAT FUN DAY AT SEA

SUN GALVESTON, TX 8:00 AM

We like aft cabins only and we only book aft. We book an aft wrap if we can get to the port on a free flight with air miles. Had this been landing in NY we would have booked the wrap but the amount for airline tickets kept us from booking the wrap and just going for an 8M category.

Including taxes and fees, this was the price under Early Saver

The prices for the 6th deck and the 7th deck are the same we were told

8M aft $3361.05 for the cabin for 2 people

Aft wrap on deck 6 and 7 was $ 3931.04 for the cabin for two of us.

These were the only cabins we priced, but those were the prices. It is almost identical to the 12 Grand Med on the Magic we booked for 5-10-11 (also in an 8M aft)

We like aft cabins only and we only book aft. We book an aft wrap if we can get to the port on a free flight with air miles. Had this been landing in NY we would have booked the wrap but the amount for airline tickets kept us from booking the wrap and just going for an 8M category.

Including taxes and fees, this was the price under Early Saver

The prices for the 6th deck and the 7th deck are the same we were told

8M aft $3361.05 for the cabin for 2 people

Aft wrap on deck 6 and 7 was $ 3931.04 for the cabin for two of us.

These were the only cabins we priced, but those were the prices. It is almost identical to the 12 Grand Med on the Magic we booked for 5-10-11 (also in an 8M aft)

Do you know how much for a balcony?

Fire, do you have a link for that? I can not find listing for any Magic cruises out of the US. The only thing that I can find is Med cruises.

No ... you sign into Carnival, then you click on manage bookings, then you click on add booking ... click on the ship you want, Magic ...and then look at the dates on the drop down... I kinda hate to keep posting it in public..stuff like this if Carnival sees it they might block it. You can see Conquest too etc. thru april 2012

if you are still confused why I say it in my bookings area ...just email and Ill explain it more. I hate to tip this to Carnival.

Do you know how much for a balcony?

No we don't. We only price the aft cabins and book early to get them. We had a side balcony once and it was so windy when we were out to sea, it was not enjoyable. (No wind on aft balconies) We have turned down suite upgrades because the balconies are on the side, especially since there is so many sea days on this cruise. I would think the balconies on the side would not be that great, but cheaper than the 8M extended aft balconies. Also you might want to look at pictures we took (see link below) on the Dream as the Magic will be very similar. On the side balconies on the Dream, especially on the 6th and 7th deck, you have little privacy as you balcony is right over side jacuzzi and lanai area. If you take a side balcony, I would definitely pick one towards the front or back and make sure it is not above the Lanai whirlpools. I do think that from the whirlpools, you could probably hand a drink to someone on their 6th deck balcony.

You are partially correct.....They used to all be Destiny Class but Carnival changed it several years ago putting Destiny as the Destiny Class and Triumph and Victory as the Triumph Class.....because Destiny is a tiny bit different but basically the same. :)

The Destiny has one less deck....but otherwise the layout is the same.

The Destiny has one less deck....but otherwise the layout is the same.

Yeah that's it.......been on them all a few times and can't recall........I am just always glad to be on a SHIP!!!!!:D

BTW, LHP......did you read I was Frank on the legends show on my April cruise? :)

Yeah that's it.......been on them all a few times and can't recall........I am just always glad to be on a SHIP!!!!!:D

BTW, LHP......did you read I was Frank on the legends show on my April cruise? :)

NO...WHERE IS THE VIDEO!!!!!! :D

I love the Legend show. I have all the DVDs of my 7 shows, but they are encrypted so that they can not be copied onto You Tube....:(

NO...WHERE IS THE VIDEO!!!!!! :D

I love the Legend show. I have all the DVDs of my 7 shows, but they are encrypted so that they can not be copied onto You Tube....:(

I know.....I have 4 or 5 shows on video and found the same problem :(

Here's some pics

frankie.jpg?t=1276700623

f6.jpg?t=1276700704

No one actually knows anything, still just lots of opinion and rumors.;)

You would have to know something to know that no one knows anything. Thus your statement cannot possible be true.

I know.....I have 4 or 5 shows on video and found the same problem :(

Here's some pics

frankie.jpg?t=1276700623

f6.jpg?t=1276700704

WOW...if you sang half as good as you looked...you were GOLDEN!!!!

Destiny does not have the Panaroma (sp?) deck...

nor do they utilize the space correctly on the 2nd level of the buffet...no fish and chips or even drink stations...just dead unused space.

there are other awkward areas of the layout that were changed in the next few classes of ships.

It is sort of like an incomplete experiment...LOL :p

Why switch Esctasy and Triumph? Aren't they basicly the same ship? (ilove "my little Ecstasy"). Altho it would be fun getting a different and new ship

:).

OMG..Im such a dork!

One should NOT post from her iPod at 4am when she is still 1/2 asleep!

Of course I *Know* the Triumph is a different Class and the Ecstasy is a Fantasy Class....I dont know what I was thinkinig...(clearly I wasnt) ;)

I read the original post that the Triumph is coming and comprehended it as 'Fantasy' :rolleyes:

My bad.

(I have not read the posts that followed in response, but I hope you were not Too Harsh with me) :)

:p

No ... you sign into Carnival, then you click on manage bookings, then you click on add booking ... click on the ship you want, Magic ...and then look at the dates on the drop down... I kinda hate to keep posting it in public..stuff like this if Carnival sees it they might block it. You can see Conquest too etc. thru april 2012

if you are still confused why I say it in my bookings area ...just email and Ill explain it more. I hate to tip this to Carnival.

The light bulb just came on. Found it. Interesting stuff. It sure looks like they are planning on keeping the Magic in Texas for a while.

Cuizer2"You would have to know something to know that no one knows anything. Thus your statement cannot possible be true."

Here we have a case of "Deep Thought" and the answer is "42".;)

Archived