Magic is going to................

Legend

What do you mean it won't take long for New Orleans to surpass Galveston as a cruise port? We have done it already. In 2011 New Orleans will have more than 50,000 more cruise passengers than Galveston.

Galveston will have people embarking on the Magic, Triumph and Mariner with no visiting cruise ships. New Orleans will have people embarking on the Conquest, Ecstasy, Voyager, Spirit and the Ventura (not counting the smaller Spirit of America) and have the Aurora, Azura and the Oriana visiting for 6 port days.

Each day a cruise ship docks at the port brings a million dollars to the city which desperately needs it to rebuild and become the "New" New Orleans.:)

Congratulations to Galveston for landing the Magic but you can see that Carnival needed a city with less competition than New Orleans to ensure that it always sailed full. :D

You and I know that, but Uncle Mickey apparently has received some faulty intelligence.

Given that the metropolitan population of Houston is larger than the state of Louisiana, me thinks the number of Texas cruisers is a disappointment to Carnival. Perhaps Galveston should have 5 ships - based on demographic potential, but so far not realized. Not a chance they would actually fill them at the moment.

Personally, I think Carnival threw a bone to Galveston to see if they would get any bites.

You can now view the itineraries for the Conquest, Ecstasy, and Triumph if you go to each ship's individual page and click on Itinerary. You can't look at prices or port times just yet. But you can look at ports and dates.

You still can't look at the Magic's that way.

You can now view the itineraries for the Conquest, Ecstasy, and Triumph if you go to each ship's individual page and click on Itinerary. You can't look at prices or port times just yet. But you can look at ports and dates.

you're right! but i can see prices, and they're already higher, LOL! :eek:

triumph, NOLA 4 day western (cozumel) from 249...

triumph, GALVESTON 4 day western (cozumel) from 349...

triumph, NOLA 5 day western (progresso, cozumel, sat / mon) from 229...

triumph, GALVESTON 5 day western (progresso, cozumel, sat / mon) from 329...

you're right! but i can see prices, and they're already higher, LOL! :eek:

triumph, NOLA 4 day western (cozumel) from 249...

triumph, GALVESTON 4 day western (cozumel) from 349...

triumph, NOLA 5 day western (progresso, cozumel, sat / mon) from 229...

triumph, GALVESTON 5 day western (progresso, cozumel, sat / mon) from 329...

I can see those prices too. I meant for each individual sailing.

I can see those prices too. I meant for each individual sailing.

i have had limited success (at the time i posted) in clicking on individual sailings to see price per category, etc.

but as i think you alluded to, they seem to be 'there-then-not-again'... i'm now getting the 'OOOOPPS' error, also... :(

i have had limited success (at the time i posted) in clicking on individual sailings to see price per category, etc.

but as i think you alluded to, they seem to be 'there-then-not-again'... i'm now getting the 'OOOOPPS' error, also... :(

Yeah. Sometimes they work, sometimes they don't.

I finally got into the Transatlantic and it is exactly the same. I thought they were changing it??:confused:

Yeah. Sometimes they work, sometimes they don't.

I finally got into the Transatlantic and it is exactly the same. I thought they were changing it??:confused:

yeah, the site is buggy right now...

and i told you i thought john h was mistaken, made a typo and/or wrong ;)

seriously, i can't believe that they would be so close to this announcement without having agreements from the ports, etc. as some people have proposed...

We booked the Transatlantic when they opened bookings a week ago and our booking stands. It has been on the Carnival website since we booked - the missing item was the itinerary for the Transatlantic. As of last night there was still a blank for the actual itinerary. This morning the itinerary is posted. This is from our booking on the Magic's TA.

10/28/11 Barcelona Depart - 5pm

10/29/11 Palma de Mollorca Arrive - 8 am Depart - 6 pm

10/30/11 Fun Day at Sea

10/31/11 Malaga, Spain Arrive - 8 am Depart - 5 pm

11/1/11 Fun Day at Sea

11/2/11 Las Palmas, C.I. Arrive - 8 am Depart - 4 pm

11/3/11 Fun Day at Sea

11/4/11 Fun Day at Sea

11/5/11 Fun Day at Sea

11/6/11 Fun Day at Sea

11/7/11 Fun Day at Sea

11/8/11 Fun Day at Sea

11/9/11 Grand Turk Arrive - 9 am Depart - 6 pm

11/10/11 Fun Day at Sea

11/11/11 Fun Day at Sea

11/12/11 Fun Day at Sea

11/13/11 Galveston, TX Arrive 8 am

My MIL who lives in Galveston just sent me an email of the Galveston daily news report which states that Galveston is about to announce that the newsest ship in the Carnival fleet will beging sailing from November 2011....

http://galvestondailynews.com/story.lasso?ewcd=a71c11d31ca3e49b

Edited to say: should have read previous posts!!! Soo excited - we will be sailing on the Magic in Europe in 2011 and in early 2012 will hopefully be aboard the Magic again when we visit the MIL in Galveston!!!

Grinning ear to ear here! Just looked at the itenararies!!

Im liking it!

(and I really really might have to sail out of NOLA, the prices are great!--how bout that 7 night on the Ecstasy?!)

:)

~Hey Fire, got your email...thanks! will chat soon!~

Grinning ear to ear here! Just looked at the itenararies!!

Im liking it!

(and I really really might have to sail out of NOLA, the prices are great!--how bout that 7 night on the Ecstasy?!)

:)

~Hey Fire, got your email...thanks! will chat soon!~

What dates are the 7 days on the ecstasy i cant find it.:o

Magic hits Galveston along with the Triumph...

Conquest and Ecstasy get new home in New Orleans.

Sweet move!

Press release available: http://www.marketwatch.com/story/new-130000-ton-carnival-magic-to-operate-seven-day-caribbean-cruises-from-galveston-beginning-november-2011-to-be-ports-largest-year-round-ship-2010-06-23?reflink=MW_news_stmp

They added CostaMaya...

(thats new to us)

We were at Costa Maya 2x pre-hurricane - it was quaint and nice. (once you got out of the port area and got to the actual town on the beach) Will be there in Dec. again on Dream - post hurricane. Heard it was actually nicer pre-hurricane destruction. I guess that since CCL put money into rebuilding it, they want to get their money's worth.;)

A gotta say, I'm a little disappointed that the Magic's western itinerary is exactly the same as the Conquest's has been for the last 5 years. :(

Not really. It is doing the itinerary in reverse.

ok magic people........lets shut this thread down.....it's been fun but the info is out now.........you can continue to talk Magic on Mach's sticky thread or on my Team Magic thread as I'm waiting for pricing for the first CC group on Magic.......we just don't need a bunch of threads on this. :)

Archived