Poll: FLORIDA RESIDENTS FOR 3 and 4 DAY Princess Cruises.

maxxedout2

Poll: FLORIDA RESIDENTS FOR 3 and 4 DAY Princess Cruises  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Poll: FLORIDA RESIDENTS FOR 3 and 4 DAY Princess Cruises

• Yes, we would enjoy 3 or 4 day cruises out of Ft Lauderdale. Sign me up.
    • Maybe try it sometime if available. Just to get away for a few days.
    • Not a FL resident but would like to book a 3 or 4 day cruise.
    • Yup, we do short cruises now ... Don't care which island paradise.

Poll: FLORIDA RESIDENTS FOR 3 and 4 DAY Princess Cruises.

OK. So some of us aren't retired in Florida.

I am guessing that Florida based working couples/singles might find

it easier to arrange for a 3 or 4 day cruise out of Ft Lauderdale

than the 7, 10, 14 day (or longer) Princess offers now.

Anyone else like to see Princess have 1 ship sailing 3 day (Princess Cays/Nassau), 4 day (Key West/Cozumel) trips out of Ft Lauderdale

(similar to Carnival Imagination itinerary)?

Are you listening Princess?

Regards,

Maxx out.

We have a limited amount of time for vacation :eek:so it would be perfect for us. We are also interested in trying Princess just haven't figured out where to go so this would be an easy solution.:D

I know there are some short ones in California so would this be much different?

Absolutely. Very different. Those are repositioning cruises to/from the Alaska season. And, there are only one or two per year per ship at most. They're just filling the ship to get from point A to point B, not marketing super short cruises. That's just not their market.

I noticed the Crown Princess has a 5-night cruise this December. It's shortening the itinerary so that the Christmas cruise will leave December 23.

We went on a 4-night Celebrity cruise a couple of years ago. It went to Key West and Cozumel. I was glad we were able to fit in a cruise, but it's not really long enough.

I think it would work...and being from Alabama I would give it a go. Package a 4 nighter with a trip to Universal/Disney/South Florida/etc. and you have a decent vacation. We did the Monarch of the Seas and the Sovereign (years ago) that way and had a nice week+ trip to Florida.

Best trip we ever did was a 4 night on the Nordic Empress out of San Juan packaged with a stay there. One of the classier small ships of her time.

They (Princess) could move one of their older ships down there.

But...as others have said...it won't happen. They don't want to compete with Carnival and this doesn't seem to be their thing. Probably have too many rugrats and hooligans aboard. ;)

I agree that the short cruise is not Princess' market. You'll notice that the lines that do regular short cruises use their oldest ships for that market. Princess' older ships are sent to more lucrative markets such as Australia.

But...as others have said...it won't happen. They don't want to compete with Carnival and this doesn't seem to be their thing. Probably have too many rugrats and hooligans aboard. ;)
It has nothing to do with competing with Carnival, rugrats or hooligans, and everything to do with money. As RickEk says, they can make a heck of a lot more money elsewhere in the world with their older ships. Neither Carnival nor the other cruiselines with 3- and 4-day cruises have the worldwide cruise capability that Princess does so that Princess is able to deploy their ships where the markets and money are. It just doesn't make economic sense for them to do 3- or 4-day cruises.

I agree that the short cruise is not Princess' market. You'll notice that the lines that do regular short cruises use their oldest ships for that market. Princess' older ships are sent to more lucrative markets such as Australia.

Disney is debuting their brand new ship for the short cruise market FWIW. But Disney is a whole different ball of wax and they're focusing on their core customer base.

It has nothing to do with competing with Carnival, rugrats or hooligans, and everything to do with money. As RickEk says, they can make a heck of a lot more money elsewhere in the world with their older ships. Neither Carnival nor the other cruiselines with 3- and 4-day cruises have the worldwide cruise capability that Princess does so that Princess is able to deploy their ships where the markets and money are. It just doesn't make economic sense for them to do 3- or 4-day cruises.

I was joking Pam (about the rugrats and hooligans). ;)

I agree that Princess has much more worlwide appeal/cache when compared to other US based cruiselines.

Disney is debuting their brand new ship for the short cruise market FWIW. But Disney is a whole different ball of wax.
I forget how many ships Disney has (I think it's 2 or 3 total) but again, they don't have the worldwide market and number of ships Princess does nor do they have the same worldwide flexibility.

We have a limited amount of time for vacation :eek:so it would be perfect for us. We are also interested in trying Princess just haven't figured out where to go so this would be an easy solution.:D

The differnce os the West Coast ones are to comply with the Passenger Vessel Service Act.

Not for me; I don't feel it's worth packing for anything less then a 7 day cruise, and definitely prefer a minimum of 10 day cruises.

I agree. A short cruise is just not enough. It is great for folks who want a taste of cruising to see if it is right for their family but for those of us who are more experienced, it just isn't long enough for us to enjoy all those things we look forward to from the dining to the shows to the ports.

I forget how many ships Disney has (I think it's 2 or 3 total) but again, they don't have the worldwide market and number of ships Princess does nor do they have the same worldwide flexibility.

The Dream will make 3. They have another in the building stage (the Fantasy I believe :confused:).

With so many other cruise lines sailing on shorter itinerarys, I doubt you will see this happen with Princess on a regular basis, especially since they are having absolutely no problem filling ships for longer voyages. If they did decide to, expect those past passenger perks to go bye-bye really quickly as there would be so many counting 3 day cruises towards their status regularly, instead or 7 day plus cruises, it would be mind boggling. The cruise line would eliminated all those perks so many are trying to get status for. :eek:

With so many other cruise lines sailing on shorter itinerarys, I doubt you will see this happen with Princess on a regular basis, especially since they are having absolutely no problem filling ships for longer voyages. If they did decide to, expect those past passenger perks to go bye-bye really quickly as there would be so many counting 3 day cruises towards their status regularly, instead or 7 day plus cruises, it would be mind boggling. The cruise line would eliminated all those perks so many are trying to get status for. :eek:

Is that really a goal for people? I agree it's nice to get there...but I can't imagine my decision on where/when to sail being based on piling up another cruise credit on cruiseline "x".

Is that really a goal for people? I agree it's nice to get there...but I can't imagine my decision on where/when to sail being based on piling up another cruise credit on cruiseline "x".
Yeah, it's a goal for some people. You'd be surprised. Technically, if Princess had a lot of 3- and 4-day cruises, you'd see far more Platinum and Elite as technically, someone could qualify with just 15 or 45 days, i.e., 5 or 15 3-day cruises. This would really cheapen the perks for the people who have truly earned Platinum and Elite. :( I didn't reach Elite until about 175 days and that was only after Princess changed the criteria from just the number of cruises to include the # of days sailed. If they hadn't, I probably wouldn't have reached Elite until well over 200 days as I had only 12 completed cruises when they changed the rules.

Yeah, it's a goal for some people. You'd be surprised. Technically, if Princess had a lot of 3- and 4-day cruises, you'd see far more Platinum and Elite as technically, someone could qualify with just 15 or 45 days, i.e., 5 or 15 3-day cruises. This would really cheapen the perks for the people who have truly earned Platinum and Elite. :( I didn't reach Elite until about 175 days and that was only after Princess changed the criteria from just the number of cruises to include the # of days sailed. If they hadn't, I probably wouldn't have reached Elite until well over 200 days as I had only 12 completed cruises when they changed the rules.

That's a fair concern. I think the cruise lines would be better suited (including the ones that do the shorter stint cruises) to go the route of calculating days for levels. That would seem to make it fairer for everyone. I wonder if some lines do it by amount of $$$ spent or something like that?

IIRC...Royal Caribbean still does it by number of cruises I think?

I would not be interested in shorter cruises from Princess. However I am an itinerary cruiser (and itinerary is where Princess shines). People who are ship cruisers have plenty of options to choose from. A three or four day cruise with only one or two stops would not interest me at all. Give me a ten to twelve day Med, Holy Land, Asia, or Baltic please.

Archived