Cancel and rebook?

Getts

I reserved my cruise on a large internet site a couple of months ago. At the time, they had the best price. Now I see that the Princess website offers a past-passenger rate that is better. Final payment is not due until September. Can I cancel my current reservation and rebook with Princess? Can I book with Princess, having 2 reservations, and then cancel my first? Can I use my past-passenger rate to book 2 cabins although the others have not yet been passengers on Princess?

Thanks for any information.

I reserved my cruise on a large internet site a couple of months ago. At the time, they had the best price. Now I see that the Princess website offers a past-passenger rate that is better. Final payment is not due until September. Can I cancel my current reservation and rebook with Princess? Can I book with Princess, having 2 reservations, and then cancel my first? Can I use my past-passenger rate to book 2 cabins although the others have not yet been passengers on Princess?

Yes you can if its before final payment.

However if the internet site has a cancelation penalty that they impose then you would have to deal with that.

You could only book 1 cabin under your number to get the discount as your name has to be on/in the cabin.

First I would check the internet agency you booked with, many charge a reather heafty cancellation/change fee, which may actually be more than your savings cancelling and rebooking. Have you checked with that online agency to see if they will lower the price? That is the first thing I would do before jumping the gun here.

As far as I know, you can not have two bookings for the same sailing in your name. And although you would receive the past passenger rate, unless the second cabin has a past passenger booked in it, they would not receive the same rate as you would. Many past passenger rates are linked to your captain's circle number and since whoever is booked in the second cabin will not have that, they will not normally receive the same discount. Good Luck with this!

You can check the internet website to see what your current TA would charge for a new reservation. As long as it's before final payment and there's not a "new booking" restriction, your TA should reduce your booked fares down to the TA agency's current online fare.

Since most TAs will honor price drops before final payment, I'd definitely change to a different online TA if your current TA won't.

If the price you found on Princess's website is for new bookings only, your TA might not be able to honor it. In that case, I'd check as others have suggested, on the TA's cancellation fee. It can be hefty, if it's not, and the difference between your TA and Princess's price is worth it, then I'd cancel with the TA and book with Princess. Happy Sailing!

Hi,

I booked a cruise for an outside window room for 4, for £1900.

Some months later i saw the same cruise with a mini-suite cheaper (£1800) than the outside room i had previously booked.

I cancelled the outside room then rebooked losing my £100 deposit, so i ended up with a mini-suite for the same price as i would have paid for the outside room. :):)

So it is worth booking and looking in advance.

I saw the drop in price and contacted the internet agency I used--they quickly reduced my fare. Saved $120 pp with one email.

After final payment--no changes are usually allowed--plus Princess's cancellation fees kick in too.

Hmmmm . . . Just went to Princess website and it seems they upgraded me from a Cat. F to a Cat EE. I paid $899 as a past guest. On my TA's website, there are no longer past guest rates but the Cat. EE is showing $1499 pp. The rates are high because this is a holiday cruise. On the Princess website the Cat. EE is $1178 pp. (Both with tax included.) I think I'll keep my mouth shut for now. Final payment isn't due until September and I'll see what happens with the fares until then.

Archived