Going from gold to elite

Jules59

On our next cruise, we are doing a back to back. Same ship, different itineraries. Upon completion of the first week, we will become Elite members. If we don't leave the ship, do we just keep the same cards, or do we get new ones with new pictures?

Thanks.

Is it from Gold to Platinum or Platinum to Elite?

It all depends on whether you are on two back to back or a 14 day cruise. If it is a 14 day, you will not get the new status until the end of teh 14 days but if it is two 7 days you will get new status after the first ruise

Everyone gets new cards when they do a b2b. Do you have separate booking numbers for the two legs? If so, you should be Elite with all the benefits for the second leg. If you have one booking number, you will not be Elite until you complete the b2b

If you are currently GOLD you will not be going to ELITE until you have 15 cruises or 150 days. However, if you are booked on two separate 7 day cruises you will be geting new cards for the second cruise and will be at the new level, if you qualify.

At the end of the cruise where one earns the next tier of the Captain's Circle the Captain's Circle rep onboard will send new general membership cards and Captain's Circle pins to your cabin. This will happen independently from getting new ship's card for the next leg of your cruise.

We just had this happen this month as we went from Platinum to Elite with the conclusion of our 15th cruise.

Sorry, I meant to say Gold to Platinum. We have two separate booking numbers.

If we get a new card, then do we get off and get new pictures and a separate billing statement? The 2nd week will be our 6th cruise with Princess. Just staying in the same cabin.

If we get a new card, then do we get off and get new pictures and a separate billing statement? The 2nd week will be our 6th cruise with Princess. Just staying in the same cabin.

It depends on the port. From what I have heard, US ports require you to get off and go thru immigration before reboarding. Our b2b's have been in foriegn ports and we did not get off. You will not need to pack anything

Yes, they will usually carry you onboard expenses to the next cruise.

Sometimes they close out the account from the first cruise and sometimes they carry it over. Speak to the desk and tell them what you prefer.

Last fall we did Sydney to LA and stayed on for 2 more cruises to South America. We got new cards the night before the end of each segment. On the change over day we only went down to the area where the new guest would be getting on and had a new photo taken to activate the card. Did not get off the ship in LA. We had the option of paying our bill at the end of each segment or paying once at the very end.

If changing status between cruises and you do not get the correct new colour, then see the Captain Circle host as soon as you can and he/she will get it corrected.

wayne S.

At the end of the cruise where one earns the next tier of the Captain's Circle the Captain's Circle rep onboard will send new general membership cards and Captain's Circle pins to your cabin. This will happen independently from getting new ship's card for the next leg of your cruise.

We just had this happen this month as we went from Platinum to Elite with the conclusion of our 15th cruise.

Unless you have the same Captain's Circle person I had on the Dawn. Never got my new CC card or pin when I turned Platinum at the end of that voyage. Bummer . . .

I am going to book a B2B when I am situated to turn Elite....have 4 or 5 more to go...depending on how long I make them. On that 15th cruise .... I will book a B2B and enjoy the free laundry that I built up on the first leg.

Loved the internet packages that come with Platinum in the past.... great way to keep in touch with those at home and check in for your flight, etc.

Cannot wait for the free laundry...can you all say, 'pack light'??

I am going to book a B2B when I am situated to turn Elite....have 4 or 5 more to go...depending on how long I make them. On that 15th cruise .... I will book a B2B and enjoy the free laundry that I built up on the first leg.

Loved the internet packages that come with Platinum in the past.... great way to keep in touch with those at home and check in for your flight, etc.

Cannot wait for the free laundry...can you all say, 'pack light'??

Sounds good, but in actuality, as light as I pack it's never light enough.

Archived