Drink Cards

HydroAngel831

I know this has been posted before but I missed it and am having trouble finding it. What are the different drink cards that are available? I have heard that there is more than just a soda card (Which I have had before) and the coffee card. I think the ultimate card I think? Can I anyone give me some information on this or any other drink cards that are available? I am sailing on the Golden Princess for the second time to Alaska with my now husband.

The regular soda card is good for unlimited fountain sodas and shirley temples and roy rogers. It is $4.25 per day plus 15% gratuity.

The ultimate card is good for unlimited sodas, mocktails, smoothies, milkshakes (from the ice cream stand when open), juices, hot chocolate and canned root beer. It is $9.00 per day plus 15% gratuity.

The regular soda card is good for unlimited fountain sodas and shirley temples and roy rogers. It is $4.25 per day plus 15% gratuity.

The ultimate card is good for unlimited sodas, mocktails, smoothies, milkshakes (from the ice cream stand when open), juices, hot chocolate and canned root beer. It is $9.00 per day plus 15% gratuity.

Where can I get a mocktail or smoothie - dining room, restaurant, buffet?

Is apple one of the juices you are referring to?

It looks like I will definitely buy an ultimate drink card! :)

I ordered cranberry juice from the bar and would take it back to the cabin and put in the refrig for later. I would think it would be juice that they would use for cocktails.

Or you could order it from room service at breakfast time for no charge and then keep it in the refrig.

You made my day - ultimate card for me!

I love Cranberry juice and tonic water in the evening - very cool and refreshing, as well as being good for the tummy (and other bits).

I can also have all of them I want, and get up and go diving in the morning without a fuzzy head.

CC folks are awesome!

Wendy

any low sugar or diet juices offered onboard? how do the cards work? are they unlimited? can say one person get a drink and then go back 5 min later for a refill or get something different?

The soda are Coke products from the soda gun (no cans). They have regular and diet. I don't know about diet/low sugar at the bar, the juice is what they would use for drinks. Both soda and ultimate cards are unlimited drinks for the duration of your cruise. You can go back as often as you like. They will give you a new glass each time or if you are using the Coke cup they will refill that.

They put a soda or an ultimate sticker (they are different stickers) on your sail & sign card (card that you use to open cabin door, enter/exit ship, charge things to your cabin). You show the bar server your card or if using the Coke cup. They give you your glass and off you go. If ordering a soda, ask for a large glass as most of the glass is ice. You can get any cocktail made a virgin drink, just make sure the bar server hears you say "virgin", mine didn't and wasn't happy to pour the drink out and did it over.

Soda card CAN NOT be used on Princess Cays only on the ship. Ultimate card CAN be used on Princess Cays for juice and smoothies.

So with the unlimited cards, if there are two of us, do we need one each or do we *cough* swap cards? Do they check?

You get a sticker that is placed on your cruise card. The intention is that they are one sticker per person. :)

When you buy the unlimited drink sticker you are given an insulated coke cup as well.

And here is a thread on Princess Cay a private island in the Caribbean.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1233259

Mike:)

Thanks for the answer on both question I do remember the coke cup now we went on the golden last year and are going again this year.

Thanks for the answer on both question I do remember the coke cup now we went on the golden last year and are going again this year.

Along with us on Aug 14, I'll bet.;)

I wish I was there right now. We just got through cutting the grass and it is 98 degrees outside.

Along with us on Aug 14, I'll bet.;)

I wish I was there right now. We just got through cutting the grass and it is 98 degrees outside.

Actually yes we will be on the Golden on Aug 14th! I think I will be getting the Ultimate card and have a smoothie and a milkshake! We have a lot too celebrate on this cruise, My birthday is the week before... my parents 38th wedding anniversary and the fact that I just got married last month so this should be a great cruise and I want a milkshake and a smoothie!! I nice mocktail sounds great too!

Archived