bad service in Commodore Club

granny red

Just finished a wonderful cruise on QV and had a great time. The only downer was one evening before our formal dinner (early sitting) we decided to have a drink in Commodore Club. We were dressed nicely, hubby in tux and bow tie, me in long evening gown. It was quite empty at this time so we sat down to admire the view while waiting for the waiter. The waiter was doing a little bit of dusting here and there so we waited patiently for him to finish. After about 5 minutes and still no sign of service the head waiter told him to serve us. He didnt seem too happy but asked what we wanted to drink. I ordered a Martini and my husband a beer. He then asked if we were members , we said no as we thought this was open to all passengers. He brought us our drink and slammed them down on the table, causing my Martini to spill everywhere then marched away without so much of any apology.

I was so angry that I then left without touching my drink and my husband followed. That was our first and last visit to the Commodore Club.

Just finished a wonderful cruise on QV and had a great time. The only downer was one evening before our formal dinner (early sitting) we decided to have a drink in Commodore Club. We were dressed nicely, hubby in tux and bow tie, me in long evening gown. It was quite empty at this time so we sat down to admire the view while waiting for the waiter. The waiter was doing a little bit of dusting here and there so we waited patiently for him to finish. After about 5 minutes and still no sign of service the head waiter told him to serve us. He didnt seem too happy but asked what we wanted to drink. I ordered a Martini and my husband a beer. He then asked if we were members , we said no as we thought this was open to all passengers. He brought us our drink and slammed them down on the table, causing my Martini to spill everywhere then marched away without so much of any apology.

I was so angry that I then left without touching my drink and my husband followed. That was our first and last visit to the Commodore Club.

So what did they say when you reported him?

I assume you did.

Asked if you were members? Of what? What do you have to be, a retired Commodore to drink in there now? :D

Are you sure he was a waiter and not a fellow passenger who was a little 'confused'? ;)

Hi MadScientist. Are any meetings of various clubs ever held in the Commodore Club? I'm asking this because I'm wondering if the original poster happened to be in a spot that had been previously reserved for a some group meeting (or even if such a thing is possible).

Salacia

Wow, that is strange! On the QM2 I never heard of anyone being a "member". You just went in for a drink & the great view. Sometimes meetings(friends of Bill W. or Friends of Dorothy,etc.) meet in there, but those meetings are usually posted in your daily programme. Definately strange.

We once had the general alarm go off on the Qm2 half way through a Transatlantic Crossing and i still kept hold of my pint of Bass:D

We chartered a fishing boat years back. Next to our boat, these people had chartered one as well. When going up the "gang" plank, this guy tripped & dropped a case of Heineken over the side. He actually dove over the side to retrieve it! Unfortunately, he couldn't carry it up due to the weight of the case. I guess that's dedication.

Asked if you were members? Of what? What do you have to be, a retired Commodore to drink in there now? :D

;

You should have said, "YES! Of course I'm a member of Cruise Critic and you can be sure I'll be posting about the terrible service in the Commodore Club!" :p

Pity it wasn't in the middle of the Atlantic, could have said 'I'm not a member I'm afraid, I'm just visiting the ship for the day' :D

or said 'Yes I am a member, are you?' and then rolled up your trouser leg and shaken his hand whilst hopping up and down on your left leg :D

Pity it wasn't in the middle of the Atlantic, could have said 'I'm not a member I'm afraid, I'm just visiting the ship for the day' :D

or said 'Yes I am a member, are you?' and then rolled up your trouser leg and shaken his hand whilst hopping up and down on your left leg :D

ROFLMAO

...adding "And I know the password: NOTIP4U!"

That was our first ever visit to the Commodore and we seriously thought it was for Grills passengers only, so we were really embarrassed to say anything at the time. It was only later when telling our dinner companions about our experience that we learned it was open to all passengers.

I did mention it on our questionaire at the end of our cruise and will be writing to Cunard. Maybe they will refund me for our wasted drinks.;)

That was our first ever visit to the Commodore and we seriously thought it was for Grills passengers only, so we were really embarrassed to say anything at the time. It was only later when telling our dinner companions about our experience that we learned it was open to all passengers.

I did mention it on our questionaire at the end of our cruise and will be writing to Cunard. Maybe they will refund me for our wasted drinks.;)

I am really surprised. The Commodore Club usually has Cunard's top waiters. They are known for their excellent service. It must have been someone new--who probably won't be there very long!

Archived