Urgent.. existing ressie but courtesy hold on new one, price changed though

ARGH...

I have an existing reservation from before credit stacking became a no-no on a future sail date.

I found a cruise I'd like to switch the reservation to, sailing next month, and still get the obc, stockholders, balcony discount etc. I found it yesterday and put a courtesy hold on it (which expires today I guess).

Overnight, the price has jumped up $150pp!

How can I accomplish getting the courtesy hold price (yesterday's price) on the new sailing (which is past final payment - in August), but use my old existing reservation number so I can get obc, shc, balc, etc.???

Existing reservation is held by Royal Caribbean and no travel agent involved.

Anyone? Help please!!!

I believe I would try calling the reservations number and ask for a supervisor. I truly believe if you get the right person the reservation can be changed without the price increase but do not believe the person answering the phone will be able to do that. Supervisor will be a must here.

If all else fails you could try the resolutions dept.

Tim

I doubt this will work out in your favor. You have one booking number for one cruise and another for another cruise and you want the best of both worlds between them. Good luck with that.

This has nothing to do with the OP's situation. If she had actually booked the cruise yesterday with her old reservation number and yesterday's pricing, she would be good to go. So smile, SeaUs. No need to be so negative.

cotomom:

Although you may find someone at RC who is sympathetic to your pleas, don't expect it. Putting a cruise on hold does NOT hold the price. Only a reservation or a deposit holds a price.

Undeposited cruises are not price-protected.

Good luck.

I doubt this will work out in your favor. You have one booking number for one cruise and another for another cruise and you want the best of both worlds between them. Good luck with that.

Why don't you try being a little less rude and a little more polite 90% of your posts say either [Why did you do it like and not like this or that or there wrong] Stop belittling Other members!

This has nothing to do with the OP's situation. If she had actually booked the cruise yesterday with her old reservation number and yesterday's pricing, she would be good to go. So smile, SeaUs. No need to be so negative.

cotomom:

Although you may find someone at RC who is sympathetic to your pleas, don't expect it. Putting a cruise on hold does NOT hold the price. Only a reservation or a deposit holds a price.

Good luck.

PrincesScuba,

No disrespect intended with this post but am wondering if it is this way in England? I have just recently had a cruise on hold with one price and booked next day after the price had been raised. Since the cruise was placed on hold I got the lower price.

Tim

Thanks to all who have replied. I called twice and talked to regular operators and was told no-go.

I'm now going to call and attempt to get a supervisor. I'll for sure let you all know how it turns out...

Agreed no need to be so Negative. It does not come as a surprise That he is though look at his posts:D

ARGH...

I have an existing reservation from before credit stacking became a no-no on a future sail date.

I found a cruise I'd like to switch the reservation to, sailing next month, and still get the obc, stockholders, balcony discount etc. I found it yesterday and put a courtesy hold on it (which expires today I guess).

Overnight, the price has jumped up $150pp!

How can I accomplish getting the courtesy hold price (yesterday's price) on the new sailing (which is past final payment - in August), but use my old existing reservation number so I can get obc, shc, balc, etc.???

Existing reservation is held by Royal Caribbean and no travel agent involved.

Anyone? Help please!!!

I have one thing to say....and don't take it the wrong way....GOOD LUCK

cotomom:

Good luck.

Actually a courtesy hold is good to hold the price for 24 hours. From the "What is a courtesy hold?" bubble on the website:

A Courtesy Hold allows you to hold your reservation on this cruise for 24 hours. To keep the reservation, you will need to make a minimum payment - how much and when that payment is due will be indicated on the confirmation page.

At least that's what it says on the US booking site. I've never noticed a price increase when I've booked after placing a hold, so I don't know if they'd try to charge it.

In the OP's case, though, I imagine they would honor the hold price for the reservation actually held. But transferring another booking would be a new transaction. Yes, they could break their rule and combine the two at the lower price, and it never hurts to ask. But I would be very surprised if they said yes.:)

Agreed no need to be so Negative. It does not come as a surprise That he is though look at his posts:D

Hey it's too bad you don't like some of my posts. Simply told the OP the way it was likely going to turn out. And I was right.

Was not meant to be rude.

PS

Just read my last 20 posts and can't see where any of them should be a problem to anyone. Why with you?

cotomom:

Good luck.

Isn't that just about exactly what I posted and then criticized by you as being negative?

Update! Very luckily I was able to get it honored. It took a while and a supervisor but they allowed it! So lesson learned, when you don't like the first answer you receive, call again! :D

Update! Very luckily I was able to get it honored. It took a while and a supervisor but they allowed it! So lesson learned, when you don't like the first answer you receive, call again! :D

Congrats, good job in getting what you wanted.

I think that is one thing most people on CC have learned, call at least 3 times before accepting an answer from Royal.

Well I guess my "good luck" paid off:D

Thats Royal for ya....if you don't like what they tell ya the first time....try try again.

I am very happy for you, and I was thinking it would go your way. RCCL is pretty generous with their price drops and adjustments.

Hey it's too bad you don't like some of my posts. Simply told the OP the way it was likely going to turn out. And I was right.

Was not meant to be rude.

PS

Just read my last 20 posts and can't see where any of them should be a problem to anyone. Why with you?

Actually, I do think you should try to be more temerate with your posts. I had a serious issue with you a week ago. You may not realize you are being so rude, but you are. It's actually against board rules to be rude and disruptive.

Archived