Afternoon Canapés

cheryl20772

Hi Cheryl !

We had this form in Concierge Class on Solstice a few weeks ago. Frankly, I thought the entire process was ridiculous. Here's why : I filled out the form on Day 1, and recieved the canapes on Day 2. Great ! On Day 3 ? No canapes. When I asked my Cabin attendant why, I was told I had to fill out the form *EVERY* day - even though no additional form was left in my cabin. Seriously ? Im on vacation. When I pressed the issue further, I was told it was to reduce spoilage... but I'm sure the real reason is to save money. My cabin attendant said she couldnt do anything about it, but I called the Assistant Chief Housekeeper, who make sure the canapes were delivered daily. Still, I felt too much time was wasted on this.

I'm fine with filling out the form on Day 1, one time, for the entire sailing... but that's the most any guest should be asked to do. To make the guest fill out the form daily, AND, then to say it wont be delivered if you aren't in your cabin is simply a bad plan. They should be delivered as long as the request has been made. If they are worried about it going bad, they should put it in the refigerator.

If you are paying for an amenity of Concierge Class, they shouldn't make you jump through hoops to get it. Just my .02 cents.

We had the same form on the Solstice in January, but we never filled it out. Told our stateroom attendant, Oliver,(by far the BEST we have ever had) that we'd like them around 4 each day and he delivered them every day whether we were there or not....that's how it ought to be if you ask me. He was just wonderful and hopefully is on the Eclipse now, which is what he wanted and if so we will track him down in November just to say "HI!" he was just great!!

Done concierge class twice, never saw a form, never asked...they showed up every afternoon. On the last sailing after a while we asked for cheese and crackers instead, and they were provided.

Mega dittos

Done concierge class twice, never saw a form, never asked...they showed up every afternoon. On the last sailing after a while we asked for cheese and crackers instead, and they were provided.

Hi Daydream !

I agree thats the way it should be, and I do not believe we've seen this form until our Solstice sailing 2 weeks ago, so maybe it's something new. Hopefully, they are just doing it on Solstice (though I doubt it). Im curious to hear how it's being done on other Celebrity ships currently.

Just off the Equinox, and we had the same form. We never filled it out (b/c most days we were still getting back on the ship at that time) and never got canapes.

I would say we only got the form to fill out maybe half the time.

Last November on Equinox we received this card and we filled it out only once. We did have canapes ever day delivered to our cabin and some others we know did too...I do believe that it varied with some others though who did not get them every day.

I have no qualms with the cruise line wishing to ensure that there is limited waste when some sign up for these plates only to not eat them. So many complain loudly about their dislike of them that the cruise line be concerned about those who order them because they are included in the price only to waste them and come on these boards and say I'd never eat them.

Perhaps the cabin stewards are smart about it now and know if they are not eaten that they have the trump card in their pocket about the request needing to be issued daily rather than be forced to see the continual waste.

On our May cruise on Solstice in CC we were never asked about the canapes. They were there each afternoon around 4:30. To me, there were better than in the past. IMHO, with so much food available just a few floors up or down from your stateroom, this is a CC benefit that is of little "value". Now, the one time we were upgraded to a suite, those afternoon "goodies" were much better!

On our May cruise on Solstice in CC we were never asked about the canapes. They were there each afternoon around 4:30. To me, there were better than in the past. IMHO, with so much food available just a few floors up or down from your stateroom, this is a CC benefit that is of little "value". Now, the one time we were upgraded to a suite, those afternoon "goodies" were much better!

Were you upgraded at the pier or in advance?

Ohhhh, I love the convenience of the canapes! We have a cocktail while getting ready for dinner and they are perfect little tastes.

I, for one, think the form is a good idea. On our Solstice cruise last August we were in AQ and the canapes were delivered daily. We never ate them. On our Eclipse cruise last month, they were delivered the first day and we received a form every day after that. On the rare occasion that we wanted canapes, we ordered from room service. The Asian teaser and Bruschetta appetizers are much better than the daily canapes provided

Ohhhh, I love the convenience of the canapes! We have a cocktail while getting ready for dinner and they are perfect little tastes.
We only ordered one time for our second day aboard and that's the only time they were delivered. It's nice that it asks how many guests - in case you are meeting friends in your cabin before dinner.

We had the form in our cabin on Eclipse last week. We asked the cabin steward if we needed to fill it in every day as we wanted the canapes whether we were there or not. He told us not to worry and they were there waiting for us each afternoon. He was another great cabin steward.

Am I the only person that actually likes these canapes?

Julie

Now, the one time we were upgraded to a suite, those afternoon "goodies" were much better!

What type of "goodies" were provided? we have our first suite booked for December on Summit and I am looking forward to a snack after returning from port! There's something about food delivered to you that makes it taste better than food you have to get yourself!!

Hi Daydream !

I agree thats the way it should be, and I do not believe we've seen this form until our Solstice sailing 2 weeks ago, so maybe it's something new. Hopefully, they are just doing it on Solstice (though I doubt it). Im curious to hear how it's being done on other Celebrity ships currently.

Well, I've been on the Connie and the Millie this year and never saw a form. They just arrived every afternoon. And, by the way, for all the canape bashers, I think they were much improved.

Maybe it's just S class.

we sailed on Equinox Aquaclass in March this year and we had canopes every afternoon, our Steward was great, he said they delivered them around 5.30pm but even though one day we where not back in our stateroom he came back later and delivered them, Had no probs at all,

we sailed on Equinox Aquaclass in March this year and we had canopes every afternoon, our Steward was great, he said they delivered them around 5.30pm but even though one day we where not back in our stateroom he came back later and delivered them, Had no probs at all,

what EXACTLY do you get ?? just curious ??

Well, I've been on the Connie and the Millie this year and never saw a form. They just arrived every afternoon. And, by the way, for all the canape bashers, I think they were much improved.

Maybe it's just S class.

Hi Linda !

Thanks for the information. Maybe this IS something they are only doing on S-Class. BTW, I agree with you... I thought the canapes were much improved over the previous canapes.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived