Luggage tags & boarding pass

HMSDingy

I can unerstand not being able to print the tags until final payment, but what does my credit card information had to do with it:confused:. Princess.com won't let me print them until I provide them with my number.

I can unerstand not being able to print the tags until final payment, but what does my credit card information had to do with it:confused:. Princess.com won't let me print them until I provide them with my number.

That's the way it is. To you it may not be logical. but that's a Princess policy. I suggest you do it their way because you really do need to complete that immigration form and print your boarding pass.

and the problem is?

Filling out your PIF on line saves time in the embarkation port for all pax.

:D:D;):D:D

The problem is -- that every other week there is a story about web sites

being hacked, and credit card information being stolen.

I'm on my third american express card this year, due to fraud.

I had a previous bad experience with Princess, and don't really trust

them to keep my personal information secure.

And, I don't see how it saves any time.

Every time I check in with princess, they want to see the card and

swipe it.

They do this -- if I put in CC information; if I don't put in CC information;

or if I want to use a different card at check-in.

Zero time saved with prior entry of the info.

Hi, Does anyone know if Brits can use this facility. I know we are barred from all sorts of things including Princess checking in for the flight home. Gillian

Just call your Travel Agent or the Cruiseline. They will put it in for you and then all you have to do is print your Boarding Pass.

Also, you do not have to worry about Identify Theft.

:D:D;):D:D

I never put my credit card info in the personaliser as like another poster, I don't trust the technology! In the UK, I have always been able to print my boarding pass and other documents without entering this credit card info. It doesn't take any longer at check in as I complete the paper form just before we arrive at the port.

My immigration form with all the emergency numbers etc, is complete. I see no reason for the cc number other than they can add charges on it. Swiping my card at embarkation won't take much time nor hold up the line.:mad:

thanks very much for the info. Will have to wait and see what happens nearer the time.

We have never entered our card details on line. As HMS Dingy said, it doesn't take very long to do it at embarkation (or at hotel if arriving earlier).

Gillian

My immigration form with all the emergency numbers etc, is complete. I see no reason for the cc number other than they can add charges on it. Swiping my card at embarkation won't take much time nor hold up the line.:mad:

Swiping your card at embarkation is a must do for everyone. However. you can't print your boarding pass w/o entering a credit card number. Enter any number, but there must be one there.

Hi

Does anyone know if Brits can use this facility. I know we are barred from all sorts of things including Princess checking in for the flight home.

Gillian

Yers we can! I have just printed off my boarding pass and labels. As far as checking in for the homeward flight, if you are on a scheduled flght, you can check in online 24 hours prior. If it's a charter, no.

The problem is -- that every other week there is a story about web sites

being hacked, and credit card information being stolen.

I'm on my third american express card this year, due to fraud.

I had a previous bad experience with Princess, and don't really trust

them to keep my personal information secure.

And, I don't see how it saves any time.

Every time I check in with princess, they want to see the card and

swipe it.

They do this -- if I put in CC information; if I don't put in CC information;

or if I want to use a different card at check-in.

Zero time saved with prior entry of the info.

The credit card details are encrypted .

So why don't you phone Princess and ask them?

Ciao for now!!!

Oh, it will! as they have to get authorisation!

Swiping my card at embarkation won't take much time nor hold up the line.:mad:
Let's see. Two minutes extra per passenger in order to swipe and authorize x 3,000 passengers = 100 hours. How doesn't that "hold up the line" or create very long waits? Even if only 300 passengers don't enter their credit card information, that's 10 hours. Only 30 passengers means an extra hour.

You are far more likely to be a victim of identity theft by handing your card to a waiter in a restaurant. And, every major credit card that I know of has an identity theft prevention service you can add to your card. It only costs money.

Let's see. Two minutes extra per passenger in order to swipe and authorize x 3,000 passengers = 100 hours. How doesn't that "hold up the line" or create very long waits? Even if only 300 passengers don't enter their credit card information, that's 10 hours. Only 30 passengers means an extra hour.

You are far more likely to be a victim of identity theft by handing your card to a waiter in a restaurant. And, every major credit card that I know of has an identity theft prevention service you can add to your card. It only costs money.

Thanks for the label. Now fellow pax will point at me and say "that's the nasty person the held up the line"... :D

FYI. I did not mention identify theft, another poster did.

Just wanted opinions and as usual I got them and some. I spoke to my TA and he also confirmed that its Princess policy and not worry about giving out my number. Its just that on our last 2 RCI cruises and the Princess before that, we were sent the luggage tags and sometimes change is a hard pill to swallow...:(

My observation -- they always swipe your card at check-in, regardless

of any online registration. So, there is no EXTRA time involved.

Additionally, the cruise line wants to swipe your card, as merchants

get a lower merchant fee for 'card-swipe' transactions; even if they

already have your card info in advance.

My observation -- they always swipe your card at check-in, regardless

of any online registration. So, there is no EXTRA time involved.

Additionally, the cruise line wants to swipe your card, as merchants

get a lower merchant fee for 'card-swipe' transactions; even if they

already have your card info in advance.

Your right, they ask for and swipe your card whether or not you have preregistered. In any event it does not take two minutes to swipe it, maybe 30 seconds tops, so that brings it down to 25 hours and with about 15 stations it is a little over an hour IF they didn't swipe it.

Your right, they ask for and swipe your card whether or not you have preregistered. In any event it does not take two minutes to swipe it, maybe 30 seconds tops, so that brings it down to 25 hours and with about 15 stations it is a little over an hour IF they didn't swipe it.

Phew....that takes a load off of me. :D

Thanks for the advice jtutak but I'm Canandian and that option is not offered here. I'll go with the flow and the Princess policy as its the only way I can get the luggage tags.

Archived