My time dining - How long to allow for dinner?

I scheduled our dining times, and then just scheduled our entertainment for Oasis over Thanksgiving.

I'm wanting to go back and tweak our dining schedule so we don't spend every day just sitting and waiting for the next thing on our schedule to start.

So with MTD how long should we allow to eat dinner? If we have reservations, should we still anticipate a wait time?

Also, does anyone know how far in advance the doors open for the shows? 30 minutes maybe?

Like another poster wrote, we are in and out w/in 45 mins. It's just the two of us and we rarely ever have dessert. We don't like long dinners that drag out. I'm sure if you schedule an hour to hour and half, you will be fine. I've read that it's recommended that you get to the shows earlier to get a good seat. I'm not sure how early before the show the doors open, but I do know that ten minutes before the show, those w/out reservations are allowed to find a seat, if available. Have a great cruise!

45 minutes seems awfully fast to me. 1 1/2 hours seems more the norm.

I agree with that estimate. If you need to be in and out of the dining room any quicker on occasion, I suggest that you mention your time constraints to your wait staff and they can probably expedite your service. If you have made a reservation for a specific dining time you should rarely, if ever, experience any wait to be seated:)

When we were on the cruise in June, it was just my husband and myself. We did the MTD. Our reservations were about 7:15 each day. We were out by 8 p.m. 8:15 at the latest. We were really surprised how fast it was.

There were times we went on standby for the early shows and got in with no problem. We even asked at MTD if we changed our mind about eating in the dining room by what time did they want us to cancel our reservations. We were told get this "you don't have to just don't show":rolleyes:

So don't worry, just relax and enjoy.

Thanks so much everyone, this was very helpful! I appreciate all of your responses!

I think if I budget an hour and a half between dinner and the show we should be ok.

Well... Maybe I should allow a while to get from Opus to the theaters? I hear it's a HUGE ship... Do I need to build in commute time? Surely not, right?

Archived