Stateroom question

Angileyze1

2 rooms...connecting or not. Both you and they will want some privacy, and 2 separate rooms will give it to you. Generally less expensive that way, too. And, you get 2 bathrooms with 2 cabins...most suites still only have 1 bath, albeit, larger.

THANKS EVERYONE! You guys were so fast! It really shows why I joined this community to begin with. I am going to try to go with connecting staterooms. The reason I would like them connecting is that The teens are both a boy and a girl, and My 19 yr old daughter is mildly autistic, so if they end up back in their rooms later than we do, I would like the comfort of knowing they are there and hearing them come in. I don't suppose that balcony's connect to Non-Balcony's? I think it would be also ok to have a balcony with them right across the hall in maybe an inside room. Hmmmm I'll have to look into that!! Thanks again everyone!

So getting two balcony roons would be slightly less than 700 more than if we all squeezed into one room. I realize it would be cheaper if we stuck them in an inside cabin but I really don't wanna! Is the extra space worth 700 bucks for a 7 day cruise? 100 bucks a day for piece of mind and some privacy? Hmmmm.

So getting two balcony roons would be slightly less than 700 more than if we all squeezed into one room. I realize it would be cheaper if we stuck them in an inside cabin but I really don't wanna! Is the extra space worth 700 bucks for a 7 day cruise? 100 bucks a day for piece of mind and some privacy? Hmmmm.

A balcony cabin is 185 s.f. (plus the balcony) same as a inside cabin. ...if the $700 is a factor, put them across from you in a inside cabin. Kids wouldnt be staying in the cabin and enjoying the balcony.

For 700.00 is the EXACT reason I had 5 of us in an inside cabin. (that was the difference to get two cabins.) Just not worth it for us.

So we took our first cruise in an inside cabin. cabins are 185 sq feet.

Getting a balcony-- you have two beds on the floor and an upper bed and a lower bed- VERY quite doable.

I like taking vacations-- many people take a trip of a lifetime.

we were fine-- and we have taken more vacations together since.

you didnt say what sex your children were but i think it woulda been different if my "cabinmates" were girls who like to "get ready" for the night and spend hours getting ready.

we cruised with our two kids 15 and 14 at the time on the Victory. We got two side by side balconies then had the stewards open the partition between the two. Superlong balcony and easy passage. We all liked that setup.

we cruised with our two kids 15 and 14 at the time on the Victory. We got two side by side balconies then had the stewards open the partition between the two. Superlong balcony and easy passage. We all liked that setup.

After spending ALL DAY doing the math, I am leaning towards side by side balconies. We will be on the Glory by the way. That picture really helps!!!! Now, to pay a huge deposit!!!

yep, 1000.00 deposit.

I do believe you will be fine in one cabin-- book a cabin that holds 4 people--deposit for 2 then make payments til you get that 1000.00 then add the two kids

We decided on a quad cabin on the lido deck.. using the extra money for some excursions that we might otherwise not do. My DD's are 14 and 21.. they are some really great tips in here for sharing a quad. As far as shower time.. you can use the showers in the gym.. For us.. we will be spending so much out of the room that it didn't seem worth it to do two rooms...(and the suites sold out on the Liberty)

Archived