I hate shrek !

And I, for one, do NOT look forward to seeing him (or his friends) on my Liberty cruise in February! :mad:

I share in your concerns. I'm glad my upcoming Liberty cruise is prior to the Dreamworks addition.

If I wanted cutesy cartoon characters I would sail Disney.:eek:

Completely agree.

I highly doubt you will encounter Shrek on the ship unless its the main parade or set times in the compass.

I think you're right and hope this is the case. If I'm enjoying lunch in the Windjammer and a giant, green costumed character comes waltzing by, making funny gestures towards me, I'll be less than thrilled.

lol for every one of you who dislikes it..there are 10 others who love it:)

if you encounter the characters onboard...walk away.

my kids are beyond excited to see the characters onboard next year. it was a huge part of the reason we booked.

to each his own:rolleyes:

I am so sick of the green sob swinging across the Royal Caribbean website.

It was cute the first week. into month 3, not so cute.

I hate Shreck! He's gross, nasty, and wastes my time whenever I go on RCCL's website! I hope that I'll never see him if I ever go on a cruise, even if he's a man in a Shreck costume! (Though I wouldn't let him ruin my day unless he was everywhere.) Save the stupid child stuff for Disney!

I have a 4 year old. I get to complain about Shrek. The DVD play broke a couple weeks ago, and the only VHS kiddo tape we have is Shrek.

Ouch! You must be living through pure torture!!!

I can see it now Shrek sitting on the stairs blocking people’s way, Donkey pushing the all the elevator buttons, Puss in boots cutting in line at the buffet and Princess Fiona drunk on rumrunners at the pool.

Total anarchy!!!! :)

My compliments! This is the funniest response yet!!!!!:D

I don't hate him, just hate his popping up every time I go on the website. It is so annoying to have to close him every time before I can go anywhere on the site.

Just use firefox and adblock plus like i said earlier in the thread if it bothers you that much.

When you have these two things together and you go to the RCI site you will see a little tab that says "block" in the bottom right of the shrek animation. Click on that tab and the dialog box for adblock will come up and you will see the url for the shrek animation in the box.

The url will look like this and i am pretty sure it will be the first one on the list.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/content/en_US/flash/web_page/homepage/shrek.swf

Put a little tick in the radio button next to that and you will never see it again. It really takes about 30 seconds to do if it bothers you that much.

You have to wait til he swings back and forth a couple of times first. Why should I have to wait for Shrek to swing before I X him.

You don't have to wait at all. In fact you don't have to see it at all. Just do what i said in the post above.

I can see it now Shrek sitting on the stairs blocking people’s way, Donkey pushing the all the elevator buttons, Puss in boots cutting in line at the buffet and Princess Fiona drunk on rumrunners at the pool.

Total anarchy!!!! :)

ROTFL... Too funny!!

I share in your concerns. I'm glad my upcoming Liberty cruise is prior to the Dreamworks addition.

Completely agree.

I think you're right and hope this is the case. If I'm enjoying lunch in the Windjammer and a giant, green costumed character comes waltzing by, making funny gestures towards me, I'll be less than thrilled.

Well, I can think of a funny gesture, involving one of your fingers, that you could make back at him.:D

I don't care for Shrek. But I love the Penguins! xD

But seriously, if you're on a cruise that has them and don't want to see them, just avoid the areas where they'll be. I'm sure it'll be listed in the cruise compass their times and locations(unless you have children who want to see them 0.0).

I don't recall ever encountering those ads and I don't use firefox. Maybe I'm lucky. ^_^

Just use firefox and adblock plus like i said earlier in the thread if it bothers you that much.

When you have these two things together and you go to the RCI site you will see a little tab that says "block" in the bottom right of the shrek animation. Click on that tab and the dialog box for adblock will come up and you will see the url for the shrek animation in the box.

The url will look like this and i am pretty sure it will be the first one on the list.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/content/en_US/flash/web_page/homepage/shrek.swf

Put a little tick in the radio button next to that and you will never see it again. It really takes about 30 seconds to do if it bothers you that much.

I followed the directions and Shrek has been "terminated".

Now I have voices coming out of my speakers sounding like Arnold Schwarzenegger saying "I'll be back".:eek:

Archived