I hate shrek !

Yup...cause I think this mockery of shrek is pretty darn funny!!!!

Thanks for understanding!;)

Yes the thread has devolved into a more generalized Shrek bashing. I was more trying to address the original post that they didn't want to see Shrek animation swinging in from the right on the website not the concept of having Shrek and the dreamworks stuff on the ships.

Well perhaps someone at RCI was reading this thread because I've just loaded www.royalcaribbean.co.uk and Shrek has not swung by at all!

But remember it's not just bumping into the Shrek character, there'll be:

Kung Fu Panda

All the Madagascar characters

Photo opportunites

How to Train Your Dragon on Ice show

The Madagascar Aqua Show on Oasis and Allure (if they get the Aqua Theatre working again on Oasis, mmm)

Tableside visits

Dreamworks films in 3D, don't forget the Freedom class ships having Dreamworks are having big screens erected on the pool deck!

DreamWorks characters parade

First-run DreamWorks films onboard

Special DreamWorks programming in your stateroom TV

Adventure Ocean activities with your favorite characters.

And I'm a glutton for punishment as we're booked on Liberty twice next year and Allure the year after!!

Yes, it has evolved into a shrek bashing!!! LOL.

anyways:

For those who think they will avoid the whole Dreamworks theme on these cruises, I tend to think no. These ships will now be geared towards children and families i'm thinking so those who often post how they hate cruising with children-these ships should probably be ones you skip booking!!

You may be able to hide from Shrek on those big mama ships:p but I'm thinking on freedom class-dreamworks could possibly be a part of your vacation!

Heck-I love those penguins. Way too cute for me!! ;) Nothing wrong with bringing out that inner child in you!!!:)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PtgESqEJNNM&NR=1

I'm on the NCL Epic next month and I guess RCL is competing with NCL with the character thing because NCL has Nickelodean characters (SpongeBob Squarepants, Dora the Explorer, etc.). I've read numerous reviews about the Epic and many have said that you don't see the characters much. Mostly only at the Character Breakfast.

I'm on Oasis Nov. 2011, and like someone post earlier, I love donkey too! I hope I'll get to seem him! I also like SpongeBob and his sidekick, Patrick the Starfish. I'm hoping they'll be at our M&M!

Well perhaps someone at RCI was reading this thread because I've just loaded www.royalcaribbean.co.uk and Shrek has not swung by at all!

But remember it's not just bumping into the Shrek character, there'll be:

Kung Fu Panda

All the Madagascar characters

Photo opportunites

How to Train Your Dragon on Ice show

The Madagascar Aqua Show on Oasis and Allure (if they get the Aqua Theatre working again on Oasis, mmm)

Tableside visits

Dreamworks films in 3D, don't forget the Freedom class ships having Dreamworks are having big screens erected on the pool deck!

DreamWorks characters parade

First-run DreamWorks films onboard

Special DreamWorks programming in your stateroom TV

Adventure Ocean activities with your favorite characters.

And I'm a glutton for punishment as we're booked on Liberty twice next year and Allure the year after!!

Yes !! In te spanish website not`s more Shreck !!!

Right now Shrek is only scheduled for a few ships but Fain or Goldstein (I forget which) has said in interviews that if it is successful they hope to expand it to more ships. So get your slingshots out.

ps I just went onto the RC website and Shrek wasn't there anymore.

Right now Shrek is only scheduled for a few ships but Fain or Goldstein (I forget which) has said in interviews that if it is successful they hope to expand it to more ships. So get your slingshots out.

ps I just went onto the RC website and Shrek wasn't there anymore.

I just went to the website and he was there! I am avoiding ships that have cartoons on them so if they start expanding it to more ships we will have to try a different cruisline and leave RCCL to the families until I start having grankids :).

http://www.miamiherald.com/2010/06/04/1664341/royal-caribbean-cruise-lines-and.html

"The seeds for the latest partnership were planted about a year ago, Katzenberg said, when a friend introduced him to Richard D. Fain, chairman and chief executive of the cruise line's parent company.

``I was just so intrigued by our first encounter that I got on the plane and flew down to Miami a week or so later,'' Katzenberg said. In November, the basics of the partnership already in place, Katzenberg and his creative team were on Oasis's inaugural sailing.

``Everywhere we turned there seemed to be an opportunity to create an interaction between our characters and the ship.''

And we all know how well "Shrek the Musical" turned out for Katzenberg on Broadway. Me thinks he found someone else to buy his stinker. ;)

The steps I put on here affect your flash player , which is what the shrek advert must be playing through(did not know that).

So if you follow the steps as I posted it will affect your FP,ie. keep you from playing youtube vids,etc.. So, I went back and "enabled" and the flash player works fine but shrek is back.

Years ago, we used to cruise Premier Cruise Lines on "The Big Red Boat." There was nothing better than having Bugs Bunny and Tweety Bird come into the room and tuck my kids in when they was little guys.

And a wake-up call from Yosemite Sam!

/Ah....those were the days. :D :rolleyes:

Archived