Caribbean Princess vs. Ruby Princess

levonfan

We are looking at possibly booking our honeymoon by doing a cruise next March (either that or go to Costa Rica). Neither of us have been on Princess before. I've only been on one cruise this past May when we went on RC Liberty of the Seas. I was blown away. She has been on RC twice and Carnival once (she said she'd never do carnival again).

What sets Princess apart from the other lines?

If you had to choose between Caribbean Princess and Ruby...which and why? They both go out the day we would like to leave. We like the route of Caribbean a little better because it goes to island we've never been to. Ruby goes to St. Maarteen which we went to in May.

Thanks!

We are looking at possibly booking our honeymoon by doing a cruise next March (either that or go to Costa Rica). Neither of us have been on Princess before. I've only been on one cruise this past May when we went on RC Liberty of the Seas. I was blown away. She has been on RC twice and Carnival once (she said she'd never do carnival again).

What sets Princess apart from the other lines?

If you had to choose between Caribbean Princess and Ruby...which and why? They both go out the day we would like to leave. We like the route of Caribbean a little better because it goes to island we've never been to. Ruby goes to St. Maarteen which we went to in May.

Thanks!

They are both excellent and you can't go wrong with wither.

If it was strictly based upon ship, I would go with the Ruby just because it is not as old as the CB and has a slightly better design.

But if you prefer the CB intinerary, I'd go that way, the differences in the ships aren't that great.

Ruby is the better of the two ships. Princess is nothing like royal. If royal appealed to you you might find princess to be not what you are looking for. Princess is a classy line. You won't find a flow ridder or rock climbing wall on princess.

We sailed 3 times on Caribbean and once on Ruby.

They are very similar, but each has own advantages.

I like how Skywalkers club hangs over the Terrace pool creating a shade, but overall find Ruby's aft nicer.

I like Wheelhouse bar better on Caribbean, but Piazza has nicers more italian feel on Ruby.

Ruby has mini-golf and Caribbean lost it after last remodeling.

IMHO, just IMHO Caribbean has a bit better entertainment.

Both are great ships!!!

We've been on both ships and I absolutely love the CB's itinerary. The Ruby Princess is beautiful, but so is the CB. For purly itinerary reasons, I'd go with the CB.

If you were blown away with the Liberty OTS, you will probably not be impressed with either of these Princess ships. I've been on the Liberty too and I love their cabins and ship design, but the service and food was really lacking. IME, RCI has a younger vibe and Princess is a little more upscale and intimate.

Ruby is the better of the two ships. Princess is nothing like royal. If royal appealed to you you might find princess to be not what you are looking for. Princess is a classy line. You won't find a flow ridder or rock climbing wall on princess.

Ummmm....Royal Caribbean is a classy cruiseline too. Princess has much more in common with RCI than it has different. We find the lines to be comparable, and to provide an equivalent cruising experience. Having a flow rider and a rock climbing wall doesn't make RCI less classy.

Ummmm....Royal Caribbean is a classy cruiseline too. Princess has much more in common with RCI than it has different. We find the lines to be comparable, and to provide an equivalent cruising experience. Having a flow rider and a rock climbing wall doesn't make RCI less classy.

Everyone has different opinions, but we have concluded that we do not like Royal C. Princess does seem classier to me (between these 2).

Hello,

We have been on both lines quit a bit and can compare both. We think they are pretty much the same but each have the goods in diffrent area.

Princess -food a bit better

Princess - more quiet

Princess -overall staff is nicer

Princess -love the ships even when big always feel intimate.

RCCL - WOW factor for the ships

RCCL - preffer the cabins

RCCL -Entertaimant one of the best at sea I find

Its always a personal choice anyways.

As for the Ruby and the CB,we have only been on the CB and love it so cant wait in November to try out the Ruby

sea ya

Eric

Ruby Princess Nov2010

Sapphire Princess Sep2010

Rccl Adventure Of The Seas April 2010

Carnival Miracle Feb2010

Rccl Oassis of the Seas Feb2010

Rccl Majesty of the Seas Nov2009

Rccl Navigator of Seas Sep2009

Hal Westerdam Nov&Dec2008

Caribbean Princess Nov2007

Sea Princess Nov&Dec 2006

Diamond Princess Apr2005

Rccl Navigator Dec2004

NCL SUN Nov2004

Visit of QM2 Oct2004

Carnival Victory Nov2003

Golden Princess Apr2003

Celebrity Mercury Nov2002

Carnival Elation Nov2001

NCL SKY Nov2000

RCCL - WOW factor for the ships

RCCL - preffer the cabins

RCCL -Entertaimant one of the best at sea I find

I agree about WOW factor and cabins. I think while cabins have similar size RCCL's cabins give you an illusion of additional space. But entertainemt.. I am not sure. Main shows are about the same, but Princess has more various smaller scale entertainment. There is almost always something going on in Explorers lounge or Piazza. :)

funny: I was just posting in a somewhat similar thread asking about the Crown vs. the Caribbean.

Here's my response, in case it helps:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1258689

If you want my 2 cents, while very much like both the Caribbean and the Ruby, I agree that the Ruby would be a wonderful choice, both because she's a beautiful and wonderfully laid out ship, and because she boasts a phenomenal crew and staff. Plus, if you think you'd like the itinerary better, what a bonus.

Congratulations on your wedding, and I have no doubt that you'll enjoy whichever ship and itinerary you choose.

Happy cruising!!!

With all the new additions the CB ranks right up there too. :)

Definitely true. We LOVE the Ruby, but found that we actually liked the larger Vines wine bar on the Caribbean a little better. On the other hand, that was counterbalanced against the CB not having Gelato at the International Cafe. Ya takes the good with the bad. :p

Definitely true. We LOVE the Ruby, but found that we actually liked the larger Vines wine bar on the Caribbean a little better. On the other hand, that was counterbalanced against the CB not having Gelato at the International Cafe. Ya takes the good with the bad. :p

Yes you do! :D

I have also been on both ships, the CB for the past three winters to the Caribbean in the winter and the Ruby last fall from Venice to FLL. There is very little difference between the two ships and I would not hesitate for a minute to sail either one again. My advice is to pick the itinerary that you like the best. You will not be disappointed. I have also sailed on Royal and rate the food much higher on Princess and absolutely did NOT like the Promenade concept on Royal.

Archived