Carnival Specific Boarding

DryCreek

OK, the details: sailing Nov 27 2010 for 5 days on Ecstasy.

We have both Passports and Passport Cards in-hand. I have already gone through the check-in process on line, and we now have saved our cruise docs and Fun Passes. What next? I don't want to be held up filling out any more forms than I really need to, so your advice here will really be appreciated!

You should be fine with what you have, just make sure you take the credit card you opened your onboard account with, they will need to run it through the computer when you check in. Print out your passes at least a week before the cruise, some cruise lines shut down the reservation a few days in advance of the cruise.

Now all you have to do is wait for the day and pack.:)

Thanks for the pointer. Are they in the "Cruise Documents" pdf file that is created from the website? I guess I should browse through it myself and see.

Thanks for all of the help folks. Since I already have our FunPasses, do we get to bypass at least some of the "check in experience"?

What's the best time to board the Ecstasy in Galveston, any pointers?

Thanks for the pointer. Are they in the "Cruise Documents" pdf file that is created from the website? Last page of the pdf file I guess I should browse through it myself and see.

Thanks for all of the help folks. Since I already have our FunPasses, do we get to bypass at least some of the "check in experience"?Not really. Seems to speed up the process a little but that just means it gives you more time to wait until you can board.

What's the best time to board the Ecstasy in Galveston, any pointers?Like waiting around or excited to get on board, get your first drink and eat some lunch? Get there around 11 or so. Want to spend little time in line, get right on board, go directly to cabin, then up to Lido to get drink and something to eat? Get there around 1 or 2

Whatever you do,,, relax and enjoy yourself.

My mom mentioned that we have staggered boarding and tht our time to board is 12:30. Does that mean we have to wait until 12:30 before we can board? Or can we still get in line at 10:30? We all really want to get on board as early as possible because 7 of us have never been on a cruise before.

Thanks for the pointer. Are they in the "Cruise Documents" pdf file that is created from the website? I guess I should browse through it myself and see.

Thanks for all of the help folks. Since I already have our FunPasses, do we get to bypass at least some of the "check in experience"?

What's the best time to board the Ecstasy in Galveston, any pointers?

Completing the FunPass enters a lot of the information into their computers and makes for fewer forms to fill out. They will want to physically see your ID/Passport, run your credit card and they will verify the information rather quickly. Take a printed copy of the FunPass in case they need it.

Print out your luggage tags and triple fold them like they say. Laminate them with package tape and punch holes in the ends. Attach them (I use zip ties) but not before the airport. Put them on before you head over to the port.

The whole Funpass/kiosk thing was a breeze, but now they've added yet another step - a health form that they'll hand you when they check your passports and you have to complete it before you get to the kiosk.

The whole Funpass/kiosk thing was a breeze, but now they've added yet another step - a health form that they'll hand you when they check your passports and you have to complete it before you get to the kiosk.

We've had to do that on every cruise line we've cruised on the last few years, it's not just a Carnival thing. They are trying to get people to be honest and not bring things like Noro-virus onto the ship.

Cruise ships have a tough time dealing with that once it's onboard. Unfortunately the media has made it into a cruise ship illness, rather than what it really is, a viral breakout caused by the cruise pax who board when ill. To be fair, some don't know they have it until after boarding as it can take a couple of days before the symptoms appear. In that case, they should be quarantined...people hate that.

My mom mentioned that we have staggered boarding and tht our time to board is 12:30. Does that mean we have to wait until 12:30 before we can board? Or can we still get in line at 10:30? We all really want to get on board as early as possible because 7 of us have never been on a cruise before.

You don't have to wait. In Galveston I always get to the pier around 10:45 and I'm usually on the ship by 11:30ish.

Same here. By 11:15-11:20 we were on the ship (in this case it was The Conquest) and headed for the buffet area. By the time we go there I was surprise to see that it was already getting a little crowded. So while my sister sat at the table and watched our carry-on luggage I headed for the buffet line to get our food.

You asked what else is there to do. I would guess you are driving. So, assuming you have the Friday after Thanksgiving as a holiday (and most do), drive down on Friday and spend the night at or near Galveston. There are lots of hotel/motel choices between Houston and Galveston off I-45. Also, you need to park somewhere. I recommend EZCruise Parking, and it is best to make advanced reservations (and save $5). http://www.ezcruiseparking.com/

If you go through Fairfield, TX (on I-45), I recommend Sam's Restaurant. Great buffet.

I'm surprised you could do the cruise documents now for a Nov. 27 cruise. That's 3 months away.

Same here. By 11:15-11:20 we were on the ship (in this case it was The Conquest) and headed for the buffet area. By the time we go there I was surprise to see that it was already getting a little crowded. So while my sister sat at the table and watched our carry-on luggage I headed for the buffet line to get our food.

That's exactly what my sister and I do........well not exactly we stop at the lobby bar and have a Bloody Mary 1st......:p

You asked what else is there to do. I would guess you are driving. So, assuming you have the Friday after Thanksgiving as a holiday (and most do), drive down on Friday and spend the night at or near Galveston. There are lots of hotel/motel choices between Houston and Galveston off I-45. Also, you need to park somewhere. I recommend EZCruise Parking, and it is best to make advanced reservations (and save $5). http://www.ezcruiseparking.com/

If you go through Fairfield, TX (on I-45), I recommend Sam's Restaurant. Great buffet.

I'm surprised you could do the cruise documents now for a Nov. 27 cruise. That's 3 months away.

You can do your cruise docs as soon as Carnival has processed your final payment.

I always go down a day early, and I stay at the Howard Johnson just off the highway on Harborside. A double is usually $70ish and they offer free cruise parking plus a pretty decent continental breakfast. The pier is about a $15 cab ride away.

Well, going through Fairfield from Bosque County would be a bit of a side trip. I am familiar with Sams though! My mothers side of the family is all from Teague, and we all used to meet up at Fairfield State Park. This years reunion will be just outside of Mexia, which happens to be where my fathers family is all from.

I have already booked my parking at Galveston Park N Cruise, and we got a killer deal on the Best Western there on the island. Something like $63.08 for Friday night. We have been down to Galveston before. We used to travel down there when our son was in High School. He was involved in the NASA Aerospace Scholars Program.

Archived