Peoples thinking.. question about

El Mono

"In the UK, in some houses bathroom water comes (or used to come) from a tank in the roof; okay for brushing the teeth in but not for drinking. Hence I still have a fear of drinking bathroom water in case of dead owls having floated in it."

"In the UK, in some houses bathroom water comes (or used to come) from a tank in the roof; okay for brushing the teeth in but not for drinking. Hence I still have a fear of drinking bathroom water in case of dead owls having floated in it."

Now THAT is an excuse for bringing water on board that I have never seen before.

That's a real hoot...hahahahahahaha!

:D:D

Happy sailing!

Now THAT is an excuse for bringing water on board that I have never seen before.

That's a real hoot...hahahahahahaha!

:D:D

Happy sailing!

But, not an issue on a cruise ship. :D

I think reports of water being denied are greatly exaggerated. JMHO

I think the tap water with ice tastes excellent on the cruise ships. It is a bit odd when you drink it without ice because it is not really cool. Once cooled it is excellent.

jc

Are you from England? My friend who is English says the same thing. He won't drink water from the bathroom faucet. I agree about the germ aspect though.

That is why I use the pool water to brush my teeth.

Hate that "bathroom faucet" water.

Bathroom water! Bleeech:eek: It's not the same, it comes from different pipes, and it's in an unsanitary room where all sorts of germs are spread about!
No, it doesn't. How expensive it would be to run two separate sets of pipes!

Do you brush your teeth in the bathroom? Do you use the water?

Well, since I don't think they provide free diapers, cameras or cell phones onboard, that would be a pretty unlikely event don't you think? Why those random objects? At least pick something that they provide already for free.

No I don't think it would be an unlikely event at some stage. If one can ban water, no other objects are holy, but that is only my guess.

Why those random objects? I Used them as EXAMPLES, and my question was would people defend RCIs decision IF they decided to ban them?

I think I have gotten the answer to that question by reading many of the posts in this thread.

I personally wouldn't want to cart something onboard that is available completely free and perfectly good right from the tap and it has nothing to do with being an RCI fan.

You maybe wouldn't but many people will, and the taste of tapwater or overpriced Evian doesn't suits everyone.

They want to sell more bottled water aboard the ship....to me, that's a valid reason.

You are allowed to bring filters, so that you can make as much bottled water as you want. So people who still want distilled and filtered water can get it. They don't have to lug it aboard.

Yes, I understand that, but the same thing could be said for banning digital cameras, cell phones, laptops and even water filters as in your example.

Hence my question if people would defend that decision then, afterall, making money is a valid reason ;)

If enough people break them, they might reconsider. Change will never come if we all follow the status-quo.

OP- there are situations I choose to be apart of with rules that violate certain beliefs. I don't follow rules blindly and have known to break my fair share. I choose to vacation at Sandals and Couples that have a strict non-tipping policy. I find ways to tip because it's a question of generosity and something from my heart. I have figured out ways to do it that won't jeopardize the job of the employee. While they are still strict, they have become less vigilant. Other all inclusive resorts have the no tipping but tend turn the blind eye. People who aren't willing to break rules are the ones I see as not willing to stand up for what they beleive in. There must be a time when the choice is between following a rule set in place by some idiot and your sense of right and wrong....JMOP!

Totally agree to whole your post :-)

I am a little surprised over how some people are reasoning and thinking concerning the "water thread"...

Since there are so many "the water is fine, just drink it" "Evian is the best just buy it" "If you are cheap, don't cruise" "its their rules, I support them whatever they decide"

I want to ask these fans of RCI:s rules, would you also defend RCI if they decided to ban digital cameras, cell phones and baby diapers from being brought aboard? Regardless if the reasons were explained or not?

Well, here is your original post with your original question.

Yes, I would defend RCI or any line if they decided to ban digital cameras, cell phones and baby diapers from being brought aboard.

I would also defend their right to make everyone pass through their security check totally naked, just as I defend our options to choose a cruise line that has rules we find acceptable. The free market will prevail, and cruise lines that implement policies that the majority of cruisers find offensive will go the way of Studebaker.

We don't "smuggle" anything on board in the way of water, soda or similar...as with things we might forget, we leave the house with the attitude of "If we ain't got it, either a)we can get it somewhere along the line or b)we don't need it. It's worked for us every time. Of course, the fees incurred now for checked luggage on airlines has also contributed to our packing habits, causing us to rethink some of the "creature comforts from home" that we might think twice about taking now...

With all this talk on CC about "smuggling" water, soda, wine or alcohol, I find myself thinking that if RC personnel and the contractors at the ports they use for security/porters/gate agents/etc enforced their "rules" across the board instead of here and there, this would be a non-issue.

JMHO (just my humble opinion) :o

I am a little surprised over how some people are reasoning and thinking concerning the "water thread"...

Since there are so many "the water is fine, just drink it" "Evian is the best just buy it" "If you are cheap, don't cruise" "its their rules, I support them whatever they decide"

I want to ask these fans of RCI:s rules, would you also defend RCI if they decided to ban digital cameras, cell phones and baby diapers from being brought aboard? Regardless if the reasons were explained or not?

I Might not choose to sail with them if they did this & probably wouldn't defend them. HOWEVER, if I chose to sail with them, it would be with the understanding that the rules apply to everyone and would abide by them.

I don't think it's an apples-to-apples comparison.

They want to sell more bottled water aboard the ship....to me, that's a valid reason.

You are allowed to bring filters, so that you can make as much bottled water as you want. So people who still want distilled and filtered water can get it. They don't have to lug it aboard.

With the bottled water, part of the cost is they have to dispose of the empties for you. Perhaps they should allow the cases of water and charge a recycling fee.

I'm with the, just shut up and enjoy the cruise crowd.

I wouldn't mind a bit. As I don't use my cell phone that much and I have an old fashion camera. One that uses that this strange thing called film.

:cool:

Archived