Peoples thinking.. question about

El Mono

I am a little surprised over how some people are reasoning and thinking concerning the "water thread"...

Since there are so many "the water is fine, just drink it" "Evian is the best just buy it" "If you are cheap, don't cruise" "its their rules, I support them whatever they decide"

I want to ask these fans of RCI:s rules, would you also defend RCI if they decided to ban digital cameras, cell phones and baby diapers from being brought aboard? Regardless if the reasons were explained or not?

Well, since I don't think they provide free diapers, cameras or cell phones onboard, that would be a pretty unlikely event don't you think? Why those random objects? At least pick something that they provide already for free. I do think you miss the point of the answers. It's not about being a "fan", it's about facts of the rules and personal choices. I personally wouldn't want to cart something onboard that is available completely free and perfectly good right from the tap and it has nothing to do with being an RCI fan.

I am a little surprised over how some people are reasoning and thinking concerning the "water thread"...

Since there are so many "the water is fine, just drink it" "Evian is the best just buy it" "If you are cheap, don't cruise" "its their rules, I support them whatever they decide"

I want to ask these fans of RCI:s rules, would you also defend RCI if they decided to ban digital cameras, cell phones and baby diapers from being brought aboard? Regardless if the reasons were explained or not?

Trust me when a rule comes along that will cramp their style they will yell "FOUL" good and loud.

Its easy to say follow the rules , when it does affect you personally. Its like giving up Brussel Sprouts for Lent *LOL*

We live in a gated community. We don't have as many rules and by laws as most , but we have them. The guy down the street is "Mr. Policeman" any little infraction he runs to the Board like the hall monitor in school. "Those are the rules" nah nah nah .

He owns a small business in town and recently was turned down for a variance to expand ...../hey those are the rules

His outbursts on cable access TV at the common Council Meetings are really quite amusing

"I am a victim"

"They're stealing the food from my kids mouths"

My favorite ...."This is worse than Berlin in the 1930s

I don't think it's an apples-to-apples comparison.

They want to sell more bottled water aboard the ship....to me, that's a valid reason.

You are allowed to bring filters, so that you can make as much bottled water as you want. So people who still want distilled and filtered water can get it. They don't have to lug it aboard.

This would be an example of free markets and capitalism, where the company can determine its products, services, and in this case rules.

If they wish to ban such items, so be it. It is their absolute right.

However, market forces just about always prevail. I am sure that many people, myself included, would seek other cruise lines that would allow me to bring my digital camera, and RCI would lose a very good customer.

On the other hand, if they banned baby diapers, it would have no effect on me whatsoever and would not be a consideration in choosing RCI.

The rules are there & it's my decision who I cruise with. I can't choose which rule I'm going to follow................. If I don't like their rules, then I need to choose another line.

If enough people break them, they might reconsider. Change will never come if we all follow the status-quo.

OP- there are situations I choose to be apart of with rules that violate certain beliefs. I don't follow rules blindly and have known to break my fair share. I choose to vacation at Sandals and Couples that have a strict non-tipping policy. I find ways to tip because it's a question of generosity and something from my heart. I have figured out ways to do it that won't jeopardize the job of the employee. While they are still strict, they have become less vigilant. Other all inclusive resorts have the no tipping but tend turn the blind eye. People who aren't willing to break rules are the ones I see as not willing to stand up for what they beleive in. There must be a time when the choice is between following a rule set in place by some idiot and your sense of right and wrong....JMOP!

I took 2 Avaian bottles of water the frist night . . and then I just refilled them the rest of the cruise from the windjammer for free.

Why go to the Windjammer to refill bottles with water? It is the same water in your cabin from the tap.

Why go to the Windjammer to refill bottles with water? It is the same water in your cabin from the tap.

I think water coming from the Winjdammer just seems 'cleaner' than water from the bathroom:eek: I fill up water bottles in my kitchen but not my bathroom, even though with 3 bathrooms and 1 kitchen it would be easier:D.

Bathroom water! Bleeech:eek: It's not the same, it comes from different pipes, and it's in an unsanitary room where all sorts of germs are spread about!

Are you from England? My friend who is English says the same thing. He won't drink water from the bathroom faucet. I agree about the germ aspect though.

Bathroom water! Bleeech:eek: It's not the same, it comes from different pipes, and it's in an unsanitary room where all sorts of germs are spread about!

I read an article a few months ago where they did extensive testing and found that in most (almost all) homes, there were more nasty germs in the kitchen sink than in the toilet bowl. :eek:

You really think that? Not true. Water supply lines bring water to all locations that need water and does not come from pipes that are the least bit different from each other. Water return lines take waste water away. Never the two shall meet. Funny thing is everytime samples are taken in homes and workplaces, the bathrooms tend to be the cleanest spot because people perceive them as dirty, they clean them more often. Telephones and computer keyboards are worse than almost anything else for germs.

If you're that concerned with germs in a ships' cabin, don't touch the remote, telephone, door handles etc. I guarantee they're all much, much dirtier than the faucet.

I drink water from the bathroom on our cruises and I have NEVER been sick on any of them.

You really think that? Not true. Water supply lines bring water to all locations that need water and does not come from pipes that are the least bit different from each other. Water return lines take waste water away. Never the two shall meet. Funny thing is everytime samples are taken in homes and workplaces, the bathrooms tend to be the cleanest spot because people perceive them as dirty, they clean them more often. Telephones and computer keyboards are worse than almost anything else for germs.

If you're that concerned with germs in a ships' cabin, don't touch the remote, telephone, door handles etc. I guarantee they're all much, much dirtier than the faucet.

I drink water from the bathroom on our cruises and I have NEVER been sick on any of them.

I agree...........I would be willing to bet a months pay that the tap water out of the bathroom faucet is the very SAME tap water served in the Windjammer and also the very SAME water the ice in the bucket was made from.

I'm curious about that water thread too. I mean it seems like it was one mere person with an experience of not being allowed to tote water on board that particular sail and port. Whats all the fuss? I know folks just off a 9 night RCI and they took a 24 pk of water too [just like we did on our 6/24] without a problem. Seems pretty ridiculous to me and thats just my opinion. Until I read in my contract and hear from folks leaving from each port its all hearsay.

We bring water because it is NOT a hassle for us and its great to be able to just grab a small bottle and take it with you at any time. We like to have the comforts of home when we sail for 9 or more nights and do not see any reason why this liberty should be or will be taken away. It has absolutly nothing to do with money but has to do 100% with convenience. We also purchase 3 soda cards and spend hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of dollars on alcohol on board. I mean, really?

Just got off the Freedom Sunday.... When we boarded two people infront of us had one very large water container(one with a spout) and another had a gallon of water. I had a bottle of water I was drinking while in line. The TSA said all opened bottles had to be thrown out but anything unopened could board...

On board I drank ALOT of water and found it to taste fine. Nothing like the icky Florida water taste. There were water dispensers located in the Cafe Promenade,Windjammer and Sorentos. I think there was others too but just can't remember where... All you have to do is as a bar tender or drink order person at the shows to bring you a glass :)

My husband bought a coke card and enjoyed them ALOT... I would take a sip every now and then if I needed a caffeine jolt HA! I am not a big soda drinker so I elected to not get one. We ordered a few drinks here and there too

I can kind of see the OP's point. They do provide photography... why do you bring cameras? Buy their pictures. They have computer labs... you shouldn't bring a laptop.

Because they don't then follow me about the island taking my picture while I am on an excursion ;). When they provide me with my own personal film crew, I will stop bringing a camera :D

Archived