Aqua Class vs Concierge Class

lv2cruz80

I had the impression that Aqua class was higher priced than CC but upon looking at Celebrity's web site, found the CC was more expensive. With the additional spa benefits of Aqua class, why is it less expensive? We actually booked CC, as we had previously on the Constellation but now I'm wondering if it's worth the extra $ if it's not better than Aqua class.

Edited by lv2cruz80

I had the impression that Aqua class was higher priced than CC but upon looking at Celebrity's web site, found the CC was more expensive. With the additional spa benefits of Aqua class, why is it less expensive? We actually booked CC, as we had previously on the Constellation but now I'm wondering if it's worth the extra $ if it's not better than Aqua class.

Sometimes CC is more, sometimes less. It all really depends on supply and demand. Certain you've read the many comments on these boards about Blu. For Blu alone I'd take AQ everytime. You also get free entry into the Persian Garden with AQ.

Edited by Orator

AQ receives all the benefits of Concierge Class as well as several additional perks (Blu, massing jets in shower, additional bathroom products, Persian Garden, free bottled water and a few others). I would much prefer AQ to CC. It seems that on some sailings CC sells better than AQ which leads to the price of one of the remaining CC staterooms to be higher than that of an AQ; it is odd that this occurs, but I'd see it as a great opportunity for a free upgrade. I loved AQ class on my Equinox sailing last year.

For our Cruise, C2 and AQ were about the same price, we went with C2 for the locations of the cabins (hump, resort deck, and near elevators). If you are like us and plan to try all the speciality resturants at least once, then Blu isn't as important. The other things attached to AQ don't really do anything for any of us either. You are also allowed only 2 people per room in AQ. We are traveling at Thanksgiving, so more families use rooms for 3 and 4 people.

I also think there are some people who see the description of Blu and don't like the "lighter, healthier fare". Although from what I read this isn't true, I know plenty of people book cruises without checking sites like this. All in all, this leads to C1 and C2 cabins being sold quicker than AQ on some Cruises and therefore their prices go up.

You all mention Blu. This is addtional cost for AQ guests, am I correct? On the Constellation, we often had lunch at the Aqua Spa for no additional cost. Is that still available on the Eclipse?

Blu is no cost for Aqua Class guests (for both breakfast and dinner; Blu does not serve lunch). Suite guests may pay $5 to have dinner in Blu (if space is available).

All Celebrity ships have the Aqua Spa Cafe (a separate venue from Blu); the Aqua Spa Cafe is free and open to all guests. Only breakfast and lunch is served in this venue.

Edited by Gonzo70

No additional cost for Blu if you are in AQ. Blu is your assigned dining venue. There is a $5.00 pp charge for Suite guests who want to dine in Blu, but they may dine there only if space is available. The Aqua Cafe is free on all Celebrity ships.

As far as we are concerned it is a no brainer. We have cruised CC-1 for years but we are now committed to AQ. As a matter of fact, our next three Equinox cruises are in AQ with the very large balconies. Addtionally, when we sail on the Radiance next month we will probably book the same cruise for the spring of 2012.

Then why do you have to select your dining time on Celebrity's web site?

Celebrity's web page is screwed-up; I sure wish they would spend the $$ so these questions would not be repeated over and over. (Not a flame towards you Jade13, but Celebrity really needs to fix their web site. There is no excuse for the confusion this causes.)

Celebrity's web page is screwed-up; I sure wish they would spend the $$ so these questions would not be repeated over and over. (Not a flame towards you Jade13, but Celebrity really needs to fix their web site. There is no excuse for the confusion this causes.)

Ok, thanks.

The one thing about set times is that they do (or should) coordinate with the shows, for those who are interested.

• 1 year later...
My understanding is that if you are in an AQ cabin and elect Select Dining you will be eating in the MDR instead of Blu. So if anyone (hard to believe...:)) was turned off by the idea of "lighter" fare, that could be a solution. In that case I'd pick whichever category was less.

I think that might be a myth. We picked select dinning on our AQ cruise and was told to show up to blu at 730 the first night and then it would be open the rest of the cruise.

• 2 weeks later...
Maybe a silly question, but does anyone know from experience if the new AQ cabins carry the same additional Captains Club tier credit that CC and AS do?

TO HARZ99,

By NEW Cabins here (and your wording) I assume you are referring the the AquaSpa Suites that are coming out on the Reflection ???

Anyhow, YES all Staterooms Concierge and above (so Concierge - AquaClass - and Suites) give out an "extra" Captains Club Point.

Cheers!

Great information. My TA talked us into upgrading to Aqua for our September sailing. Slightly higher price, but well worth it to get spa access and Blu access.

You wont regret it. Blu is just great. For me I'd allways book AQ if the price different is less than 200 dollars per week and person

My understanding is that if you are in an AQ cabin and elect Select Dining you will be eating in the MDR instead of Blu. So if anyone (hard to believe...:)) was turned off by the idea of "lighter" fare, that could be a solution. In that case I'd pick whichever category was less.

Not true. We had chosen Select Dining when we booked our AQ not realizing that Blu was open sitting. Blu was still our assigned dining venue. That was on the Silhouette earlier this month.

I can't imagine ever sailing again with X in anything but AQ just because of Blu. We wanted to try Murano & Tuscan Grill but never got there becasue Blu was so good. It's like eating in a specialty restaurant every night!

This is NOT true. We had AQ with select dining and ate in Blu every night whenever we wanted. You have the option of eating in the MDR on a space available basis, but I don't know why anyone would when you can eat in Blu.

My booking says Your Choice Dining so hope that means Blu?

If you are in an AQ class cabin, Blu is your assigned dining room, but as discussed above you can eat in the MDR on a space available basis. Blu is always anytime/select dining.

We ate early, between 6 -6:30 and had our choice of tables at that time. We had a favorite waiter and choose his section.

• 3 weeks later...

Am I correct that Blu is smart causal everyday despite days when formal dining is in the common MDR?

I have come to think that maybe formal nights is something I want to experience but if I select Aquaclass then I might miss out of this and look out of place wearing a Tux in Blu?

For those with expereince in Blu do you miss formal dining since Blu becomes Aquaclass passenger's MDR? Have you seen anyone wearing formal attire while in Blu on formal nights in the common MDR?

Edited by 1stcruise2012