Royal People, Why do the Carnival people???

I remember about a year or so ago the RCI boards were pretty vile, while the Carnival boards were much nicer. Now, it's a 180. People have been just plain nasty on that board lately.

I agree I did 2 CCL cruises this year and have been on CC for the past 2 years (while planning and waiting for the cruises). People on the CCL boards do a ton of flaming (I've been flamed once or twice myself:(). I've been hitting RCCL for about a week or so (when we decided to switch our April NCL cruise to RCCL) and everyone has been nice. I'll stay here;)

If you read the whole thread in question you will discover that the "Carnies" didnt really have a problem (OK a few did) with the original post. It was post #6 that started it all when ryane369 stated that a lower class clientele cruise on carnival. It was that generic catagorization that got everyone all riled up. In fact, the OP never came back to reply. Its one thing to criticise a cruise line. But when you start bashing the people that chose a particular cruise line, then you have gone too far.

As several of you have said on this thread, the bashing of the other line occurs on both RCL and CCL forums. There are just some people on both boards that cant imagine that their beloved cruise line can do anything wrong and get defensive whenever someone has a negative comment.

It started with post #2 with the accusations that the OP was Royalist. That is BS. Just an insecure Carnival cruiser and this person seems to be one of the most insecure on the board.

In this particular case, the Op has been a member since Jan, 2009 and has been on 5 cruises. I agree with the op of this thread. It is totally senseless to immediately go in to defense mode and start justiying your favorite cruise line by bashing other lines just becasue someone else had a bad experience. CC is supposed to be "a community of people who love cruising." Why not just steer him toward a cruise line he might enjoy?[/quote]

I agree with you Cruzaholic..... If only people could just be nicer. It's kinda like that saying..... "Common sense is not so common anymore." It is sooo true! Why can't people just live by ...."Do unto others as you would have them do unto you." ? I enjoy these boards because I enjoy reading helpful tips... giving advice when I can, etc... Let's all just help one another out a bit. :)

Personally the whole title of this thread made me chuckle, felt like I was back in high school. It's funny how people turn there cruiselines into little cliques and if you bash them look out:)

I don't see where this was being turned into a "their" cruiseline clique. It was a legit question. They post those comments on the Carnival board all the time and it's usually the same cheerleaders over there making those comments. This thread has actually stayed civil.

If you read the whole thread in question you will discover that the "Carnies" didnt really have a problem (OK a few did) with the original post. It was post #6 that started it all when ryane369 stated that a lower class clientele cruise on carnival. It was that generic catagorization that got everyone all riled up. In fact, the OP never came back to reply. Its one thing to criticise a cruise line. But when you start bashing the people that chose a particular cruise line, then you have gone too far.

As several of you have said on this thread, the bashing of the other line occurs on both RCL and CCL forums. There are just some people on both boards that cant imagine that their beloved cruise line can do anything wrong and get defensive whenever someone has a negative comment.

It started with post #2 with the accusations that the OP was Royalist. That is BS. Just an insecure Carnival cruiser and this person seems to be one of the most insecure on the board.

I agree with you that the comment by poster # 2 was BS and stupid assuming the OP was a Loyal Royal. But as i said before, if you read the entire thread, you will see that 90% of the responses were to post #6 in which those loyal to Carnival were some type of "low Class" citizen. There were few posters bashing the OP. Most were bashing the guy who wrote post #6

I remember when the Majesty was one of the largest cruise ships in the world... I sailed her her second year of service in RCCL.

I think it is still larger than, say, the Carnival Ecstacy.

It's a shame that the service aboard the Monarch and Majesty has gone by the wayside... in favor of those "weekend party" cruises.

There's history there.

Was on Monarch, labor Day Weekend, for one of those "weekend party" cruises, service was excellent, actually a lot better than we had on Freedom in March. From Stateroom attendent, to bar staff, to Head Waiter, could not fault anyone.

I agree with you that the comment by poster # 2 was BS and stupid assuming the OP was a Loyal Royal. But as i said before, if you read the entire thread, you will see that 90% of the responses were to post #6 in which those loyal to Carnival were some type of "low Class" citizen. There were few posters bashing the OP. Most were bashing the guy who wrote post #6

I just read all the garbage on that thread and if you look at poster #6 posting history, they are all over the board with their views and opinions. It would have been best to ignore that poster and they would have gone away. It was pretty easy to spot a pattern.

As far as the other crap, just business as usual over there. It's amazing how so many threads over on the Carnivore board turn into a RCI vs. Carnivore thread. This one is a great example. Not surprising at all and far more than you ever see on the RCI board. I guess their own cruise line is not exciting enough to talk about on it's own.:rolleyes:

You want to know what a big hunk of the problem is over there? There are select CC members who are posers. In other words, they lie about their cruising histories to lend credibility to their bashing of other lines. One particular member claims to be a Diamond C&A member on RCI, yet has repeatedly posted false information about RCI - information that can't be mistaken by someone who would be a D member.

I said it once and I'll say it again. It's an inferiority complex and it makes no sense why people act like that. There is absolutely nothing wrong with having a favorite cruise line, but to bash others to feed your own ego is just sick.

Every cruise line board on CC gets heated, but Carnival is by far the worst board on this website.

You want to know what a big hunk of the problem is over there? There are select CC members who are posers. In other words, they lie about their cruising histories to lend credibility to their bashing of other lines. One particular member claims to be a Diamond C&A member on RCI, yet has repeatedly posted false information about RCI - information that can't be mistaken by someone who would be a D member.

I said it once and I'll say it again. It's an inferiority complex and it makes no sense why people act like that. There is absolutely nothing wrong with having a favorite cruise line, but to bash others to feed your own ego is just sick.

Every cruise line board on CC gets heated, but Carnival is by far the worst board on this website.

Probably the same one that said that gratuities on Royal Caribbean were charged to your SeaPass card and this was before Royal Caribbean implemented My Time Dining. I doubt that he has even cruised with Royal Caribbean.

The inferiority complex comes from the Carnival employees as well. We were on the Carnival Pride last summer and at least once per day a joke was made from the CD staff about carnival being better than RC, nothing bad, but things like "I bet RC wouldn't do that for you, would they?" It made them sound petty.

From what i have seen with my very own eyes, is if you are a Royal Caribbean cruiser that goes on a Carnival ship and your review isnt 100 percent positive, you will get blasted over on that forum for it by some if you post it there.

One that comes to my mind is when Cruisinmama done a very well, fair, and honest review of the Carnival Pride and was pretty much blasted for it by a few people a year or so ago.

It wasnt even a "bad" review at all. Unfortunately it wound up being locked down by the CC admin though.

I

You are NOT giving the whole story.

There was a review over there, and an accompanying commentary here. And the facts didn't hold up.

The inferiority complex comes from the Carnival employees as well. We were on the Carnival Pride last summer and at least once per day a joke was made from the CD staff about carnival being better than RC, nothing bad, but things like "I bet RC wouldn't do that for you, would they?" It made them sound petty.

Well to be fair, that goes both ways. I have heard RCI CD's make jokes about Carnival.

[quote name='MrPete']You are NOT giving the whole story.[/quote]

Well then I simply do not know the whole story. My apologies!

All I seen was a honest review of the Carnival Pride that wound up getting locked by the board Admin because it got out of hand. I didnt even see an accompanying commentary here. At that time i was not posting on the Royal board here. I was only reading the Carnival board daily.

If there is more to it than that, then you are right in that I am not giving the whole story.

Still though, there are MANY people over there that do not take kindly to ANY negative things posted about Carnival as a whole or one of Carnival's ships. To deny that is only to deny the facts :)

[quote name='ryano']Well then I simply do not know the whole story. My apologies!

All I seen was a honest review of the Carnival Pride that wound up getting locked by the board Admin because it got out of hand. I didnt even see an accompanying commentary here. At that time i was not posting on the Royal board here. I was only reading the Carnival board daily.

If there is more to it than that, then you are right in that I am not giving the whole story.[/quote]

Sit back and have a read:

[url]http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1004957&highlight=[/url]

[quote name='SpeedGeek']Eh, Loyal Royals do the same thing. It's just the reaction to someone with a low post count posting a negative review to their preferred cruise line.

We've seen people who are ticked off because they couldn't bring [URL="http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1259128"]water on board[/URL] even after saying they [URL="http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=24378077&postcount=12"]wouldn't worry about the cases of water[/URL]. That's not even mentioning the plethora of individuals who swear off RCCL because someone else may be sailing at a cheaper price than they are (guess I should swear off ever flying on the airlines again, or staying in a hotel again, etc etc etc).

Something to keep in mind is a low post count generally (not always) indicates that someone is an inexperienced cruiser (like me) and may have exaggerated expectations, or may not take the time to understand all the ins and outs of cruising before embarking on their trip. So take it with a grain of salt and move on. If there is a specific complaint, then try to address it and help them understand (e.g. Tuesday sales are for new bookings only. If you don't care about a specific stateroom and have the ability to make vacation plans on short notice, then hold off on reservations and watch the sales. Otherwise it might be better to spend a little extra and know you've got the room and/or sailing you want.) and if they still refuse to accept it, live and let live. Hopefully they'll find a cruise line that they enjoy.[/quote]

I really like your avatar.:D

jc

Archived