What do you think of the pizza on Princess?

DonnaK

The pizza tastes great! I liked it but my sister loved it. She had pizza at least once a day, everyday of the cruise. She still talks about the cruise pizza until now. Her reasoning of wanting to cruise again would be for the pizza no lie. Whenever we order pizza, she always compares it to the pizza on the ship. She can literally be a spokesperson for Princess Cruise Pizza. lol

[quote name='queen14']The pizza tastes great! I liked it but my sister loved it. She had pizza at least once a day, everyday of the cruise. She still talks about the cruise pizza until now. Her reasoning of wanting to cruise again would be for the pizza no lie. Whenever we order pizza, she always compares it to the pizza on the ship. She can literally be a spokesperson for Princess Cruise Pizza. lol[/quote]

[COLOR=indigo][B]Her and 10,000 of her closest friends!!!![/B][/COLOR] ;)

We have cruised with 12 different lines and Princess has the best Pizza. No doubt, no arguments, no debate. It is simply the best pizza at sea. For those that remember, this tradition goes back to Sitmar days where that italian line had great pizza parlors on all their ships. When Princess bought-out Sitmar they maintained the tradition and expanded it to the entire fleet.

Hank

[quote name='Hlitner']We have cruised with 12 different lines and Princess has the best Pizza. No doubt, no arguments, no debate. It is simply the best pizza at sea. For those that remember, this tradition goes back to Sitmar days where that italian line had great pizza parlors on all their ships. When Princess bought-out Sitmar they maintained the tradition and expanded it to the entire fleet.

Hank[/quote]

If what you say is true, I will never eat pizza again on any cruise ship.

john

In "real" life, there are several places of my hometown of about 25,000 that have better pizza than what is on Princess. However, every once in a while, out of the blue, I get a craving for the paper thin pizza found on our Princess Paradise.

Honestly, I think it is very good but it is better because it is on a cruise ship!

OK, I really want a piece now - less than two months before my next slice!

Next to debates about proper dress on formal nights, pizza must provide the largest forum for argument. Tastes do differ, but anyone who thinks good pizza requires half an inch of cheese (that's called a grilled cheese sandwich, not pizza) or a ton of meat or vegetables (that's called a hero, not a pizza) doesn't appreciate what pizza really is or how good it should be without all the additions. There! I said it and I'm glad.:p

Pizza was the first thing we ate upon boarding the CB last year. I suspect it will be among the first again this year. I will agree that the staff (at least that particular ship) left something to be desired on their "friendliness" quotient. I don't remember seeing any of the Prego staff members smile any of the several times we ate there. And I'm always one to smile and at least greet the staff, say "thank you" etc.

We were on the Golden Princess a couple of weeks ago too, and thought the pizza was really good. Was it the most amazing pizza I've ever had in my life? No, but it was always available, always fresh and hot, and very tasty. It is a fairly simple style, which is what pizza was originally intended to be, not so loaded down with toppings that you need to eat it with a knife and fork.

Most of the food we had in the Horizon Court was just okay, (my hubby's buzzword of the trip was "adequate") I'd rather have eaten pizza for lunch every day, which is what my sister did. We did have it many times as a snack, and it was our first food of the trip as soon as we got on board.

[quote name='BosoxI']Next to debates about proper dress on formal nights, pizza must provide the largest forum for argument. Tastes do differ, but anyone who thinks good pizza requires half an inch of cheese (that's called a grilled cheese sandwich, not pizza) or a ton of meat or vegetables (that's called a hero, not a pizza) doesn't appreciate what pizza really is or how good it should be without all the additions. There! I said it and I'm glad.:p[/QUOTE]

Amen brother! :)

[quote name='BosoxI']Next to debates about proper dress on formal nights, pizza must provide the largest forum for argument. Tastes do differ, but anyone who thinks good pizza requires half an inch of cheese (that's called a grilled cheese sandwich, not pizza) or a ton of meat or vegetables (that's called a hero, not a pizza) doesn't appreciate what pizza really is or how good it should be without all the additions. There! I said it and I'm glad.:p[/quote]

[COLOR=indigo][B]Not really, but it is food and food and dress are the most popular topics on these boards [it seems!][/B][/COLOR]

[quote name='oskidunker']They don't put much on it.[/quote]

I agree. I have heard such rave reviews of the pizza. I've cruised Princess several times but just tried the pizza last November. I wasn't really a fan. I guess I'm not much of a pizza person as so many just love Princess' pizza. I know someone said that really good pizza doesn't take alot of toppings on it. However, I didn't find the taste all that great either. There are a couple of little Italian restaurants close to where I live that do just a basic cheese, sauce, and basil pizza and the flavor is amazing. I just didn't find the flavor of Princess' pizza all that great.

Sitmar had the best pizza on the Fairwind in 1988 but found the old Regal Princess with the seperate pizza/pasta restaurant to be pretty close. While current Princess' pizza is still the best at sea, it's not up to Sitmar. But they need to stop having too many of the daily specials with anchovies...ruins a pizza for me.

[quote name='Astro Flyer']While current Princess' pizza is still the best at sea, it's not up to Sitmar.[/quote]
I agree, it was wonderful on Sitmar!

[quote name='Alessandrina']We like it a lot! But it was best on the Dawn Princess and Regal Princess in its own dedicated space.[/quote]

The Dawn is not one of my favorite ships, but its' pizza is very good. I think a lot of it actually has to do with the fact that it is pretty much made to order for you in the pizzeria, so it is always hot and fresh. On other ships it is fine, but I actually don't bother when the weather is cold...in Alaska and on Transpacific sailings, when the temperature is cold outside, I found the pizza didn't hold up well in the outdoor serving station.

Archived