What do you think of the pizza on Princess?

DonnaK

I have been on a couple of Princess cruises (Golden and Dawn) and thought the pizza was quite good (outside the mainstream dining windows). I never thought to ask, does anybody know... is there any way to get secret hidden anchovies? (Maybe I will bring some of my own).. Thanks.. Peggy

(I only feel comfortable asking this question because I have seen a lot stranger ones..)

Great pizza from a 'real pizza oven'.

They don't use the new flame-throwing, conveyor-belt-driven

pizza ovens like you find in the 'chain pizza joints'.

Ya Mon, fold it over, watch out it's hot, notice the proper

amount of oil...only drips to your wrist...perfect thin slice

pie. Just like the old days... Baby Moon Pizza, Westhampton,

Long Island.

It won't be long now.

P.S. Everything tastes better about 14 stories up, at sea.

Yup I agrre and it is the first food I eat when on a Princess ship :) OMG I am craving it right now :eek:

I have been on a couple of Princess cruises (Golden and Dawn) and thought the pizza was quite good (outside the mainstream dining windows). I never thought to ask, does anybody know... is there any way to get secret hidden anchovies? (Maybe I will bring some of my own).. Thanks.. Peggy

(I only feel comfortable asking this question because I have seen a lot stranger ones..)

I wouldn't think anchovies would be a problem at all. I know they carry them onboard 'cause I always ask for them with my Caesar salads. I bet if you let the pizza guys know, if they couldn't fix you an anchovy pizza right then, they'd be prepared with the little fishies the next day. Never hurts to ask; it's been my experience that most Princess staffers (especially in the food areas!) will do whatever they can to make you happy.

Princess pizza is the best! I'm originally from the NY area and Princess pizza is comparable. Now, in SW Florida, I can't find a pizza as good as Princess and I've been looking for 4 years. The only complaint I have is the pizza stand on the Island Princess closes too early. The other ships stay open later. I like some about 9pm each night after a show.

I have tried the pizza a few times, but wasn't impressed. They never had the toppings I liked, and the pizzas seemed very plain - almost like a frozen pizza from the grocery store.

This is my opinion too. I've never understood why people rave about the pizza on Princess. I've eaten it a few time when I didn't want to take the time to go to the Horizon Court or dining room, but it's definitely nothing to write home about.

I think the reason some don't like them is that they are authentic Italian pizza-thin crust and not many toppings. Many people are used to pizza joint pizza with a great variety and mixture of toppings. I enjoy them too but prefer the Italian type.

The pizza on most of Princess's ships is great. HAL taste and look's like frozen. NCL is not good. Carinival I could easily leave. Celebrity also has good pizza, but not as good as Princess.

Princess pizza in the pizza area is great, but the pizza that is served with the late night buffet leaves a lot to be desired, it has a thick crust and is cut in squares.

Well, I come from where pizza originated long long time ago, and have to tell u that Princess pizza is engineered with only price tag in mind.

In 2 years onboard I had about 100 of them, but only when my stomach wouldn't let me sleep otherwise and everything else was closed.

Whoever traveled to Italy some time in past, knows what I mean. ;)

I like Princess's pizza as it reminds me of the pizza I had when I spent time in Italy.

Go figure!

I do have to say it is best on the Sun class ships where it is made to order.

It's good New York-style, fold it over and eat pizza. Last year, before our Caribbean Princess voyage, we did a pizza crawl through NYC. We didn't find a better pizza than the one on the ship!

Where on the Caribbean Princess do they have the pizza?

[quote name='Richie2pies']Princess pizza is the best! I'm originally from the NY area and Princess pizza is comparable. Now, in SW Florida, I can't find a pizza as good as Princess and I've been looking for 4 years. The only complaint I have is the pizza stand on the Island Princess closes too early. The other ships stay open later. I like some about 9pm each night after a show.[/quote]

Richie, There used to be a place in Estero right on 41 that had the best pizza. Wouldn't 'cha know it closed down

Archived