Stores that carry "FIRE" season clothing

Joby

This has got me to thinking..I don't think I posted my photos of our last May cruise did I. What with all the commotion in my life. I will have to check and maybe get a few done before Pam gets back.

NOOO, I don't believe you did. (Hint-hint) Really, we'd love to see your photos, Linda. Yippee! Maybe another pictodiary!

Sorry, for the double post, so I'll edit and talk some more!

Because it's raining here today, we won't be taking our camper to the campground until Friday when the weather is nicer. We've cleaned and restocked the cabinets and frig with food. Linens are on board and I've made sure I have my camping clothes on board. I'm still using colors that are darker than my FIREy best, but as they are replaced with lighter colors, I'll be happier with what I wear. (T-shirts usually have a very short shelf-life at the campground.) I realized that I have a pretty good capsule wardrobe for camping. I didn't count the pieces and know that I'm jacket heavy because you never know if you'll need a winter jacket or sleeveless top from early morning to evening campfire time on any given day.

I'm excited to begin another year of camping and I'm excited to talk to everyone about our MnG! If you haven't contacted me yet, please send me a quick note at aoknkentucky at gmail dot com and let me know you are interested in helping plan a Meet-n-Greet cruise.

Edited by aoknkentucky
Double post!

So here's a few (pretty terrible pictures) of the bathing suits & day tops I'm planning on taking to Hawaii next month. Melody.ImageUploadedByForums1457194682.000691.jpg.8a9791db0f640494302fdd3d27c7121d.jpg

ImageUploadedByForums1457194625.050576.jpg.753370612371aa7fb8b633a29c3d020d.jpg

ImageUploadedByForums1457194663.191989.jpg.e99cd17214534cdfd02ed044278af5c2.jpg

Edited by awhfy

I love the pictures, Kim and Debbie! It looks like you had a fabulous time! And I love your colors. I tend to love fire colors, and I look desperately for them to somehow appear muted enough to be earth colors, lol. I once had someone tell me, many years ago, that they thought I was a spring but wasn't sure. I do find that my best colors really have to be very warm, overall.

The picture from Orient Beach - love that print top! Oh, and that dress with the shade of blue is so pretty.

But my snake print dress worked well, and I think that was leaning towards soft earth, for sure.

I would love to do a group cruise, but I'm not sure I can. I think next year may only have one cruise, and it will be an anniversary cruise for my husband and I. We've had specific cruises we are looking at for this. Depending on the timing and so forth, an earth/fire (or fire/earth!) cruise would be so much fun!

• 2 weeks later...
Linda,

Bring on that pictodiary!

Umm. well... here in lies my problem... I can't find my disk with the pics on it. In all the mess of my life happenings last May, I have either mislaid the disk or discarded it in the trash..:mad::eek: So.... hopefully it will turn up when I do my spring cleaning this week and next.:confused: Sorry guys! I'm really bummed!!!

Umm. well... here in lies my problem... I can't find my disk with the pics on it. In all the mess of my life happenings last May, I have either mislaid the disk or discarded it in the trash..:mad::eek: So.... hopefully it will turn up when I do my spring cleaning this week and next.:confused: Sorry guys! I'm really bummed!!!

Hope you find the disk, Linda! I lost some photos once and it has photos of the only Manatee we've ever seen in the wild. Totally my fault too, I simply deleted by accident and couldn't retrieve them :(

Do you still have the photos on your camera card?

Hope you find the disk, Linda! I lost some photos once and it has photos of the only Manatee we've ever seen in the wild. Totally my fault too, I simply deleted by accident and couldn't retrieve them :(

Do you still have the photos on your camera card?

That's what is missing. I don't know if I accidentally erased it or transferred the pics to a thumb drive. Either way I'm still searching! Leave it to me to do stupid things!:( DH is supposed to have some on his camera card, but so far that is missing also! Hopefully I put them in a really dumb place, and it will be the last place I look!:rolleyes:

Anyone looking for bathing suits, head to Marshalls- I got 2 suits yesterday (1 piece) for $28 for both & one is a MK animal print, the other is a cobalt blue print. I'll try to get a picture. Melody

Hi, Ladies.

I'm still giggling over Kim's description of her swim dress dilemma. So funny!

I'm in the throes of ANOTHER wardrobe planning/execution dilemma. A reminder that we're going on a TransAtlantic leaving Ft Lauderdale on 28th April and heading to Rome! I'm so excited! But... a bit nervous as well.

The cruise is a 15-nighter. I know that there will be 3 formal nights. I'm going to be creative in my planning for those nights because my goal is to take nothing that I won't wear multiple times. It doesn't count that I might wear one dress (formal) three times! What I mean is that I'm not taking a darn thing that can't do some duty on/off the ship.

I've exhausted myself reading about capsule wardrobes. Good grief. 3 bottoms and 5 tops = 15 outfits. In theory! All in theory, Ladies. Because when you're traveling in a transitional season, some of these "ideas" for travel capsule wardrobes are just not practical; i.e., they say to take a sleeveless blouse, a 3/4 sleeve blouse, a long sleeve blouse, a T-shirt, a button down shirt. All well and good, but what happens if the weather is unseasonably hot or unseasonably cold? Then, the long sleeve blouse OR the sleeveless blouse may never be worn.

Here's what I've decided that I'm going to do.

I'm going to give myself a weight limit. My limit is that my suitcase (one checked) has a 35# weight limit.... not even an ounce more!

I'm going to weigh my essentials. I've already performed this exercise. So, weigh the underwear, bras, petti pants, pajamas, socks.... and that's my base. The two shoes in the suitcase.

THEN...

I'm going to put together my thoughts for what I'd like to be wearing for specific activities. Like I know that I have a great dress (Athleta!) that would be wonderful to have for a shore excursion. That's going for sure! Thank you, Anita, for your excellent hemming job! Woot, woot.

After I figure all that out, then I'll weigh and see where I'm at.

Stay tuned....

It's a different methodology. Workable? We'll see....

After we arrive in Rome, we're staying 5 days there. Then moving to Positano for 6 days. Then moving to Florence for a week. Then moving to a hotel near the airport in Rome. Going to JFK and spending the night. Then taking the final flight for home.

Like I said.... excited!

Wow! I'd be excited too. I hope you have a lovely adventure and take lots of FIREY pictures!!!

It sounds like you've got the wardrobe thing figured out completely. I had this nice long post ready to send and lost it so I'm taking it as a sign that you didn't want or need tips on packing light but were sharing information.

We will, of course, expect at least a few pictures, Pam. If I've figured it correctly, you will be gone for more than a MONTH!!! I'll need to tell my daughter. We were only gone 10 days and we both felt strange to be apart that long. I can't imagine you and Anita not talking for a month. We will try to keep her busy here and on the EARTH thread.

Anita, let us know if you hear from her while she is gone and report, ok?

Debbie... are you kidding me?!? Of course Anita and I couldn't not communicate for such a long period of time!

We have our methodologies all worked out. The most important item on my To Do List is to find out what needs to be done to have my SMART phone (which makes me feel like Dumb and Dumber) be able to communicate! There are so many wifi hot spots that I don't really feel like there will be a problem, but I want to make absolutely certain that I can send/receive text, for sure. I already know that I can't just buy a SIM card that will work because my SMART phone won't let me! Grrrr......

Just get your little fingers busy typing on that keyboard and give me any tips that you have, girlfriend!

You know.... I really hate to say it... but I'm having to relax a bit on the FIRE palette standard. It's so important that I get the functionality of my wardrobe covered that I've had to "forgive" myself for putting function above fashion and function above FIRE. I know that Kim is most excellent at finding items that fit both criteria and wouldn't even consider not displaying her FIREy self... but I just don't seem to have the same type of buying mo-jo. At this moment, I'm going with.... well.... good enough.

In fact, I just took a walk with DH and he asked me if I was "giving up" on finding FIRE palette colors. I asked him what he meant and he said that the colors that I've been buying seem to be warm... but they really aren't very BRIGHT.

Oh well.

I have traveled for three weeks several times not on cruise ships and what I did is several solid bottoms and lots of mostly solid tops with scarves for adding color I also had two knit dresses that were easy to dress up or down, an all purpose sweater , rain jacket and one or two extra outfits for days when I had enough of monotone . Packing for trips without cruises is easy . It is the cruise that adds more clothes .

This will probably be a long post folks. You may want to get a cup or glass of something unless you just plan to skip this one.

All righty, Pam. This may take a while. I'm talking with my thumbs here. (Phone). First, check to make sure you can text on wi-fi. I was on wi-fi on a street corner and realized that wi-fi is great if you are emailing, texting goes by data. I think. Someone with more tech experience can correct me, but at least I think that's why our phone was $10 higher the month of our cruise. It wasn't a big deal, but I could have emailed just as easily. Probably easier since I can never say anything briefly. Guess that's why the DD is wordy. What am I saying? We all fought for airtime at the supper table when the kids were younger. We all like to talk in my family. You have to go back to my maternal grandmother to find a quiet individual. So, check on that when you are taking care of that priority.

Now on to the capsule wardrobe. Yes, Kim has the bestest FIRE colors. Me, I have enormous amounts of clothes. They aren't all my bestest Light Spring. Heck, I'm not even sure all of them ARE Fire at all. I had to buy a white shirt and black pant combo recently to serve as usher at our local performing arts theater. You KNOW what that looks like. ANYWAYS....

Here's the skinny on wardrobe. I'm thinking that you will be more or less traveling like we did to Alaska. We traveled in July and visited icebergs. You could have all kinds of different weather too.

Pick a color scheme. For me, it can be bright navy(royal)/lime/coral or khaki/red/lime or greige/ivory/peach/aqua. You get my drift.

Start with shoes, no more than 3 pair, unless you throw in a cheap thin flip-flop for the pool. You need a good lined raincoat with hood. Wear it/carry it on the plane. Stuff it in the overhead if you don't sit on it/cover up in it on that freezing flight. Why ARE those planes like a refrigerator??? Stick a pair of thin cute cotton gloves inside one pocket and a pair of earmuffs in the other. You are officially covered for rain and cold. I used my raincoat this way in Alaska and was fine. If you are afraid you'll be too warm, you still may need the raincoat if you are gone more than a month. I just don't like the odds of no rain for the entire trip.

Personally, I'd take a skort, two pair of capris, one neutral ponte slacks (dress up/dress down) and wear bottoms of your choice on the plane. For me it would be a second pair of ponte slacks.

I know you struggle with the around the neck thing. If you don't plan to wear necklaces or scarves, grab earrings and bracelets that have different combinations of your color scheme. Intentionally showing the combo in accessories will make the outfits look intentional.

Here's where the fun begins.

Take three toppers. For me it might be a button-up classic cardigan, a zip-front cashmere sweater and a open merino blend cardigan. The first two can be buttoned or zipped to the top as a sweater look by themselves or open over another top as a combo. For tops, if you like button-up long-sleeved shirts, they can be very versatile. They are nice as a shirt, combined with one of the sweaters, or open over a cami as a topper. Roll the sleeves if you want a 3/4 sleeve look. I don't wear them myself, but think they look nice on others. One other long-sleeve (knit maybe). Again, I'd push those sleeves up if necessary. Three short-sleeve shirts and 3-4 camis should round out your daily wear. If any of those tops could be wash and dry, you could hand wash if needed. I washed something every night of the cruise when we returned to the room for bed and it was dry by morning. Put it in the closet for the next rotation. The amount of top and topper combinations are nearly endless and you can wear a cami/shirt/topper combo if necessary for warmth. I've seen pictures of you in cami-type tops and they look great on you. Four of them insures they have enough time to have time to dry before they need to reworn, they take up next to no room in the luggage and that takes care of hot and/or fluctuating temps.

I feel like you have the formal of it all covered already, but I know I wish I hadn't taken as much on my last cruise. I had certain stand alone dresses that I wanted to wear, but I doubt I ever do that again. I despise dragging luggage.

On our Fly/Drive trip out west, I took 3 zip-up cotton hoodies and 3 cotton Ts. Scarves changed the look, but other than pre-planning the different combinations, I think it was one of the easiest I've ever done. Of course, it was much more casual than a cruise and we didn't dress nice a single time, but the idea is still the same. I still have my spreadsheet somewhere. Would it be helpful if I emailed it to you?

Even if you take all solid color items. If your jewelry and accessories tie them together intentionally, you have it licked, stamped and mailed. You got this, Pam. I just know it.

Hilarious! I spent such a long time yaking along and post my post, only to find that Sailor Sally has said the same thing in less than 3 lines. That's solo funny.

Edited by aoknkentucky
What she said!

Deb, I'm glad I had poured a glass of wine [emoji6]. You just helped me with my transition clothes for Hawaii-Vancouver. I'm set for Hawaii & was pretty sure what I'd do for 5 sea days (each day getting cooler), you just solidified my thoughts. My main colors will be turquoise & highlighter green and lemon yellow. I'll use jewelry instead of scarves. Thanks! Melody

Wow. Just...wow! I a not sure how I would manage a trip sure how as this. I can do the idea of just a handful of bottoms but that is one long trip won't you have to laundry a lot? I admire your (all of you) ability to plan something such as this with a minimal amount of clothes. I am a washaholic too so I'd be wanting to laundry a lot!

Pam, I always find a lot of fire tops in the stores. Maybe the best way to combine fashion , function and fire revolves around letting your bottoms go astray and keeping ghe top colors in the fire group? I have a navy sort for example.

Not all my things are earth but I try. I can see the difference so easily in how I look that I don't want to wear to wear other colors. My issue is the line between fire and earth. I think my aqua like dress I wore on my last cruise is a good example of that. It isn't really bright or clear, but it isn't muted either.

But I digress. The idea of a color theme for a trip such as this makes sense. In my mind, I think I'd start with khaki and brown bottoms, maybe olive green. But then I'd go for all sort of basic earth knit tops and then have a neutral sweater or jacket of sorts. An ivory cardigan for example. Then I'd let the different combos be worn with scarves and necklaces for variety. So far, it sounds good in my head but then it would go out the window for dinner, I think. I would really need all of your expertise!

I can relate to packing for weather that varies or is cold. We had a few days on our last cruise that were cool and I'm so glad I brought some crops and a knit cardigan with me. I needed them. The Pacific coastal cruise was very cool to cold the entire time.

I love hearing all the advice that is given here. I'm getting better at the capsule wardrobe concept than I was.

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

Melody, I'm glad I could be of help. Your color combination sounds like something I'd wear. I like to stage my work outfits a week at a time so I can be lazy until the last possible moment in the mornings. Sometimes I practice a capsule by giving myself a color scheme to create all five outfits. Yes, I'm easily amused and entertainment takes many forms. It is great practice for travel capsules.

I'm just weird.

Laurie, I think I was expecting Pam to do laundry at least once on the ship and once during each week during her land trip. With a week, or almost, each week, she should have time. Formal nights on he ship would definitely be one where a neutral dress with three options for accessories would be he easiest. I took a different dress for each night last cruise, but we flew Southwest and had two free bags each. I only took one medium checked bag, along with my carry-on and purse/tote. I swore I'd never do at again unless, well, unless nothing! It was just too stressful. I'll do carryon and purse/tote unless I have someone else do he toting and hauling.

Edited by aoknkentucky

@Sally.

Sally, you must be far more elegantly dressed on a cruise ship than I am! It's the land portions of our cruises that always, always make a marked difference and present problems in my wardrobe. I think that I can paraphrase the song that Margaret posted a while back (which I LOVED) and it goes something like this: "Cruising every day in my active wear. Walking on the deck in my active wear. Eating at the buffet in my active wear. Going ashore in my active wear. Looking at myself in the mirror in my active wear. Deciding I'm dressed SMART CASUAL in my active wear. Eating dinner in my active wear." Well, maybe you get the idea?

Which speaks to the reason that I didn't feel that pictures were a major part of the last Caribbean cruise! Sorry. I guess I didn't want to chronicle just how LAZY I was! :D

European wardrobes are such a different story for me. "Don't want to be caught in my active wear!" Hey, don't take my picture in my active wear! :eek:

I'm being honest. But, also, I crack myself up!

Anyway, yes! Debbie, I've already located laundry facilities in Rome and Florence. Anita thinks that we should do laundry before we leave Rome so that we don't have a lot of laundry steps to take in Positano. I think she's absolutely right about that piece of advice. The less walking up/down and all around Positano, the better! At least, you don't want to walk the steps up/down to the beach area very often. We're staying at Hotel Eden Roc which is in the higher elevation of the city.

Shoes! Check. I know that I'm taking a pair of Ecco walking sandals. And, I "think" that I'm taking a pair of Asics sneakers OR should I take a pair of Merrell hiking shoes? We are stopping at some ports where I could take a significant walking tour, like Tenerife in the Canary Islands. We're also thinking about a tapas walking tour in Alicante, Spain. And, when we get to the Amalfi Coast, there are really extraordinary walking tours that you can take all along the coast. We are going to Pompeii and/or Herculaneum so that's a significant amount of walking. The hiking shoes just might be wonderful to have, but (wow!) are they bulky! I'd definitely HAVE to wear them on the plane/train rather than pack them. AND, they don't transition well from day to night; i.e., it's really difficult to come up with a daytime outfit that look appropriate with those shoes and then go into a restaurant for dinner. On the days that I would wear them, though, I wonder if I'd just like to come back to the hotel, shower, change, and then head out for the evening? These are the shoes I'm talking about: http://www.zappos.com/merrell-siren-2-sport-wtpf-brindle Opinions? I don't think they'd look good with palazzo pants! :roll eyes:

Thank you for your thoughts! That is seriously packing light! You've given me quite a bit to think about. I've started along that train of thought: just take what you absolutely need and not what you might want. I know that I'm never going to be satisfied being a person who travels Europe with just a carry on. I think that I'm still capable of handling ONE suitcase and a personal item.

I know that we have to give some thought to our luggage and make accommodation for it. It's almost like traveling with a third person, for sure. For example, when we go to Positano, we COULD take the train from Rome to Naples. Then transfer at the Naples train station to a local train (similar to Metro) to go to Sorrento. Then walk from the Sorrento train station to either a bus or the ferry to Positano. The ferry is more luggage-friendly than the bus, BUT it lets you out at the beach which is way, way, way below the higher elevation in Positano where our hotel is located. This is a nightmare scenario, with luggage... even ONE suitcase.

So.... we hired a driver to meet us at the Naples train station and drive us to the hotel's entrance in Positano!

Hey, I didn't walk through over the bridges and through the streets of Venice with TWO suitcases without learning a little something! Granted, not much of something... but just enough...

Anyway, I do plan to do a travel report and, hopefully, provide some pictures of this trip! I hope....

Laurie, i know that you love doing laundry! I'm not as thrilled with laundry activities, quite frankly!

BUT

One of the best memories that I have is doing laundry in Barcelona! It was a short walk from our hotel. We just packed our laundry into our duffle bag and set off. Got a bit of pastry on our way. Found the laundry and it was beautiful... wonderful, gleaming machines.

The best thing about doing laundry in a facility that is set up for laundry is that it's so convenient! You get to use multiple machines, so it's not like having to wait for loads to finish... this laundry had automatic dispensers for detergent. Set the water temperature. Set the agitation speed. Dispense the detergent. Off and running!

The laundry was in an area of university students. We had entertainment while we were there. Lots of drama. Lots of conversation that we couldn't understand. If we had wanted to, we could have popped next door and watched the laundry while sitting at a sidewalk cafe with a cup of coffee or hot chocolate or cava!

There was a perfect folding table that made the whole thing go swiftly.

I think we were there for about 1-1/2 hours total. In/out the door. Not a big deal, at all.

These are the shoes I'm talking about: http://www.zappos.com/merrell-siren-...t-wtpf-brindle Opinions? I don't think they'd look good with palazzo pants!

Whatchu talking bout, Willis? Just make sure your palazzo pants are the exact shade of that lovely trim on the Merrell's and you will be fine! Remember what I said about intentionally coordinating your accessories!?! LOL Now, I'm cracking myself up too!

I see your point, Pam. I think it's always good to change shoes for the evening. My feet feel happier if I allow them to adjust to a different shape as often as possible. If you plan to remain in your day outfit, the Merrills should be ok no matter the time of day, right? If you change clothes for the evening, yes, I'd change my shoes for the evening also.

I think the biggest take-away for me on the last cruise was just because I could take more and bigger luggage, doesn't mean I should. I agree with your mental image of luggage being a third person. When put in the position of being responsible for luggage, it makes a huge difference for me whether I'm responsible for my 3 year old grandson or my 6'4" 275lb. son as that third person. One I can pick up and pack if necessary. Not without effort, mind you, but it can be done. If forced to move my son, I'd just have to call in reinforcements. It just ain't happenin'! THAT'S the way I feel with more luggage than I can handle comfortably by myself.

I totally understand that this isn't everyone's cup of tea. If it was, the porters at the cruise dock could all go home. I wore a completely different outfit each night (except shoes). By the middle of the cruise, I realized that I wouldn't be wearing everything I had dragged along and it was frustrating to me because if I had dressed for dinner like I have in the past, I could have taken the trip with the same amount of luggage, i.e., a roller carry-on and a large tote/diaper bag.

As to seriously packing light, if there is room after you load that much, I'd add one top, then one bottom, one top, one bottom, one topper, repeat until you've reached your limit. As long as each added item still coordinates color-wise, you'll be even happier the many extra choices it provides. At this point, I'd consider adding prints if you haven't already. I tried creating a spreadsheet once with 3 toppers, 3 tops, 3 bottoms, 3 accessories. I'm not saying they would have all actually looked great, but the theory was great. I created 117 outfits. You were rewearing items, of course, but that is to be expected for the amount of time you will be gone. The question is how many tops and bottoms will you use between each laundry day. That's the amount you need.

I found something that might be helpful. I saw this one time and saved it. They called it a Style Sudoko. Up and down, or across, it works. Fill in the options and make your own outfit. It wouldn't let me space properly to create columns, but you get the idea. This provides a starting point, but it could be combined in many different options than this provides. Create boxes--four rows and four columns. Put each word in the boxes in the following order.

Top Bottom Accessory Shoes

Bottom Accessory Shoes Top

Accessory Shoes Top Bottom

Shoes Top Bottom Accessory

Yes, I'm a real nerd about some things. It is amazing how my brain works because I just love the idea of this.

I found something that might be helpful. I saw this one time and saved it. They called it a Style Sudoko. Up and down, or across, it works. Fill in the options and make your own outfit. It wouldn't let me space properly to create columns, but you get the idea. This provides a starting point, but it could be combined in many different options than this provides. Create boxes--four rows and four columns. Put each word in the boxes in the following order.

Top Bottom Accessory Shoes

Bottom Accessory Shoes Top

Accessory Shoes Top Bottom

Shoes Top Bottom Accessory

Yes, I'm a real nerd about some things. It is amazing how my brain works because I just love the idea of this.

Have you used this before? So... interesting...

I made the grid.

I labeled the different squares and I see how they form outfits. Now, the interesting thing is that they call this a Style Sudoku, and I totally get that.

Now, to use the grid... I've put (for example) the Ecco walking sandals in the Shoes grid of column 1, row 4. And the Merrell Siren Sports (hiking shoes) in the grid of column 2, row 3. I'm starting with shoes because, IMO, they are THE most important item in the wardrobe to make my trip fun and comfortable.

So, for the sake of doing the exercise, I put a pair of capris in the Bottoms category of column 2, row 1. And, then added a Rash guard as a Top in that column (column 2, row 4). So. Except for the Accessory square, I have an outfit: capris, a rash guard, and the Merrell hiking shoes... which would be a perfect outfit for walking Pompeii. To be honest, it's why I added the rash guard cause I was thinking of Pompeii, specifically.

It also gives me an outfit with the Rash guard and the walking sandals as soon as I figure out a Bottom to go in column 3, row 4. Let's just say I decide on a neutral skirt (that can go with anything).

Now what? OK. If I repeat the walking sandals in the Shoes category of column 3 (which I have to do cause I have a Skirt in the Bottoms category and that makes it work)....

This is a pretty ingenious tool, I have to say. It really helps to focus, focus, focus on the important priorities and get those basics into your suitcase!

I'll keep working with this and see where it takes me.

And are Accessories so important that you'd really, really give them a whole square of their own? Or is an Accessory like a jacket?... as well as what I think of as being Accessories, like bracelets?

Reading the FIRE thread in my active wear...active wear...

OMG...this was an entertaining post dinner read!!

Anyone been reading Vivienne lately? She has done a series about adding accessories to a wardrobe one at a time. She includes shoes, handbags, watches, jewelry, sunglasses, and scarves in the accessories that she adds one by one to a wardrobe.

For the Style Suduko, I would think that certain accessories would have to come no matter what. Sunglasses, hello. Your PacSafe bag. Something like this would not be included in the accessories Suduko for travel IMO...but in the Suduko, there are only 4 accessories...so these should be statement accessories that truly help to complete your outfit.

I don't think a jacket or topper counts as an accessory. The accessory is the piece that helps you add a little personality and flare to whatever it is that you are wearing.

Oh my gosh, I had this big post typed, and poof! It was gone.

My keyboard on my nook is hard to use, so I kind of missed the point I was looking to make yesterday. I guess I've never been on a long vacation, one where I would have to do laundry. So I was trying to envision that. I knew you would have to in order to have clean clothes but....

I can totally see the idea of a style suduko, or utilizing the Vivienne files concept for daytime outfits. When I get out things for a trip, I always ask if I can mix and match the tops and bottoms, the shoes and jewelry. If I bring along scarves, I try to make sure they can go with more than just one outfit, so that I have flexibility. I start with having a spreadsheet on what I'm planning, but I think I could make a limited wardrobe work, and keep it interesting by mixing and matching for a longer trip.

To me, that is such a huge benefit of sticking to earth clothes, with the exception of a few bottoms that I would say are neutral, but not earth. (navy, sand)

I got a great deal on a few things, so I feel like I'm set for bottoms right now for warmer weather. My daughter had a special 60% off for a limited time. I got a skort in the Travex fabric that I love for just $20.00. Then I realized that yesterday was the last day of the sale, and I was trying to decide if I should pick up khaki or olive Travex shorts. Then I remembered a recent discussion about grabbing things when you see them. To make a long story short, two pairs of shorts, 60% off, and a $10.00 reward coupon amounted to a total price of $23.00. I'm very happy.

I'm not bothered at all by luggage, especially because I have spinner wheels and have pared backed on what I bring. That being said, I've never had to deal with trains and traveling abroad. I'm sure that would change my perspective!

Sorry to ramble, but I have a real keyboard in front of me and it's so much easier to type what I'm thinking.

I don't wear active wear except at the gym. I do wear Syracuse attire for games though, and my husband has a thing about bringing a few Syracuse shirts with him on every trip. It's a great conversation starter, and we find that we live in a small world.

Go, Orange! (it's fire orange, not earth. But hey...)

Edited by laurspag