Stores that carry "FIRE" season clothing

Joby

Well, we are buried in snow. Here is a link to our weather, but it changed after this newscast...it decided to hang around longer. Last I knew of, we were at a foot and a half.

http://www.syracuse.com/weather/index.ssf/2016/11/gma_today_shows_welcome_winter_with_live_reporters_in_snowy_syracuse_video.html

So I would have loved to have been on the sectional with a glass of wine! But since this is normal weather for us, it was business as usual. The driving is really awful, but I guess you learn how to deal with it over the years.

I really love that room.

I'm going to read through in more detail, and look for the e-book. It's funny how based on what I've been reading here, I'm finding myself saying I'm not this or I'm not that. Honestly, I can be a mix of things sometimes.

This reminds me a lot of what I went through for some long term, intensive leadership training for work. I had to complete a large amount of of Q&A, and there was a conclusion of my main personality type, and what my secondary was. This is very important, because it dictates your communication style. And you need to be able to understand what the people around you are as well, so that you understand how to communicate effectively with them.

I will have to dig that out and share with you all. I think it sounds very pertinent. Of course, the leadership training doesn't tie in to style and clothing choices, but I do think it showed me things about myself I didn't think I was saying or showing. Sometimes, we are too focused on what we want to be, rather than what we are.

This is going to be interesting!

My leadership & team building training included the good old Meyers/Briggs personality assessment. I was ALWAYS the only ENFP (extroverted, intuition, feeling & perceptive) in the room. Good thing I had a one-deep office [emoji23][emoji23]. I've downloaded the book & flipped through a couple of pages. Pam, I concur that I'm not impressed with this "system".

Wow Laurie, just saw your area on the news -- you're buried! Melody

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by awhfy

There is very little value in anything in the eBook outside of the chapter that details the different Types. I didn't read anything beyond that and everything prior to that was like a big infomercial.

I don't think any of us that have looked into this information agrees with Tuttle's application of her energy profiling. This is where she falls short...not only in the color arena...also in style. Regardless of having the same energy profile...people will not be attracted to the same style. The book is taken in context with some of the videos (and it comes to our attention what difficulties Laurie was having with those, so if she figures out what she thinks is dominant for her, we can help a bit there with what the videos say about her type). Then, it's almost like a lightbulb moment where you can understand why something you thought you would like to wear gathers dust in your closet and why something else is one of the first things you grab after laundry day...

I think I said before...I could see a Curt response to this...it's like, everyone can wear a pencil skirt...the trick is to figure out what kind of pencil skirt...what fabric, what color, what features...make it the pencil skirt that you would wear.

So the closet thing I have to a pencil skirt is that skort that you (Melody) and I both have from Athleta. (I'm pretty sure you got the black and the plum color in that skort). Anyway...knowing how much I like that straight skirt...I know that my pencil skirt, in order to be something that I won't want to take immediately off my body will have to be 1. Lightweight and 2. Stretchy. The business-like lined suiting fabric type of structured pencil skirt will stay on my body only as long as absolutely necessary...

It'd be interesting to know how Margaret differs here...because I get the impression that she wear them often...along with the sheath dresses with basically a pencil skirt bottom.

Melody...when do you leave again?

Melody, somehow I conveyed a misimpression to you. I am thoroughly impressed (actually downright fascinated) by the energy profiling system. I'm not impressed with the store but I know that I'm going to apply some of her principles, with the addition of CJW color understanding. This idea of energy and movement brought with back from the precipice of going out and buying black clothes again!

I've done the whole personality tests and quizzes and have gone through all those seminars because of the leadership positions I held within corporate positions. Those never impressed me. I could easily manipulate the output of those to make it easier for promotions, etc.

But, this idea of energy profiling is something entirely different. Let me first say a few things. To be fair, we're all just scratching the surface of whatever information is in there about fashion and style. Looking at the store gives us all a feeling that her recommendations won't resonate with us because.... in my opinion... we think we have a superior system to work with. Having been assisted by CJW, I don't think there's anyone who would embrace a system where color theory and skin tone were tossed. That's what decreases the value of this system for me.

What is fascinating is the help that can be provided on the "why" of shopping preferences.

I took the opportunity to view a video of returning makeover candidates. It was so interesting to hear a Type 1 say that just changing her hairstyle so that it was lifted from the back of her neck made all the difference to her in how happy she is with her hair. It's that type of information that I find so appealing and helpful.

For me, seeing the information about the Type 3's really has helped me so much. I've done so much talking about this that I can't remember what I've said to whom, so I may be repeating myself. Anyway, Just thinking about the energy information and applying it to myself gives me an understanding of "why" certain things appeal to me and "why" I don't feel comfortable (actually I can get downright annoyed) by the fiddling of certain things (like a necklace with a clasp that is difficult for me to bother with). I now know to just calm down, take a minute, breathe a few times, and let myself do something that is taking me longer than I want to spend with it. At the end, I'm pleased that I did.

It's time for Beauty Sales! Does anyone have their eye on anything! I love these buy something and get a gift sales. They've always appealed to me. On this last cruise, I began playing with eye liner. It's something that I've never been that good at, but (wow) I could see the difference in how much thicker it made my eye lash line appear (obviously). I've got a few pencils from Trish McEvoy (black), Kevyn Aucoin (brown), and Sisley-Paris (plum). I'm on a learning curve!

6d3c8f37acb63028facf6fd766fa35fb.jpgAnita, we leave Thanksgiving night! I have 5 of the Athleta skorts [emoji849], black & ecru in the Trekker & jasper green, plum & French blue in a different skort (with vertical zippers). The black, ecru & green are headed with me. I added the green skort & 3 coordinating tops to my bag when I realized I actually needed more clothes! Weighed it today with shoes, makeup, etc & its 33 lbs (a new record). Only one formal (somewhat) outfit is the difference.

Pam, I depend on Urban Decay & Stila eyeliner, they last & don't smudge

Don't know if I shared this or not. Our grandniece is getting married on our 47th wedding anniversary. She asked us to share a picture of then & now

Melody

Edited by awhfy

Melody, you're such a beautiful woman. Loved the pictures, the blue is fab on you.

Pam, I'm always excited when it's Clinique Bonus Time! I love having new things to try, even though with my sensitive skin, a lot of them get given away. Also, thanks for sharing that comment about the woman and her hair. It reminded me to share... I have basically two hair preferences: down and loose, or completely up and out of my way. They both feel free in very different ways. I've never had a medium length cut where it was always on my face or neck, which I can't stand.

Anita - my pencil skirts are always stretchy! So they act like leggings. I also don't really like to wear jeans, though I will sometimes. As for sheath dresses, my favorites fit very well in the shoulder and chest but skim my hips and legs. In a way I like them to hang off my shoulders so my body can slide around inside. :) I can't stand really tight dresses. I hate this bunchy look:

sheath.jpg.31c1dfa58adb55a66504f0b2329e7218.jpg

It's interesting to me that the Myers-Briggs/Kiersey tests have come up, because I was thinking about how those relate to Tuttle. Maybe they do. I don't know yet. I'm an ENFJ, so it's not surprising that I'm a teacher, and explains A LOT about why most of the actors and dancers I used to work with were mystifying to me. They tend to be Artisans. Duh.

I think all of these things are helpful if they bring a bit of self-knowledge. They're just tools, with different levels of usefulness.

When I did What Color Is Your Parachute, one of the careers suggested for me was public relations. Another was event planning. Very people-intensive, intuitive kinds of jobs. I joke sometimes that my current job is a lot like being a cruise director - organizing things so other people have fun.

When you put these together with birth order studies...

"Middle-borns are the most willing to wheel and deal," Sulloway says. They are agreeable, diplomatic, and compromising, and they handle disappointment well. They have realistic expectations, are the least likely to be spoiled, and they tend to be the most independent. Because they often feel left out, they tend to gravitate toward friends outside the family.

One of the things that really touched me was when Tuttle told a type 1 woman what things she probably heard as a child that disrespected her energy. OMG. That's a big topic for a whole other day!

But you can imagine that for me it was often "sit still!"

Just a quick note here, although I'm not good at quick posts! Sometimes.

One of the things I liked about our personality evaluation for leadership was the way it was done. It involved many aspects. Yes, there were the usual Q&A that you could manipulate, but there was also a lot of things that you had to answer with how you reacted or what you did. The biggest thing was that there was feedback from those around me, and in great detail. There were group discussions (without me present - handled completely anonymously with the leadership person - not other staff that could affect you) There were also questionaires and so forth, to even prevent others in the group from having an influence on what others said.

The consultant did an excellent job of grouping together responses, but making sure the wording didn't give away who said what. It consisted of senior management, middle management and direct reports.

I not only knew my leadership type when I was done, but I learned how to analyze those around me, so that I could communicate with them better. I also knew EXACTLY what people thought my strengths and weaknesses were. It was emotionally draining, to be honest.

There are leaders, networkers, thinkers and supporters. I won't go into my results right now, but I'll let you all take a stab at it, just for fun. I think we learn a lot about each other through these threads!

I downloaded the free e-book, and I find myself skipping sections and focusing on certain aspects, as I am just not a good fit with her style of writing and analyzing. I am only part way through, but one particular type really jumped out at me, had me saying, "yeah, that is something I would do, or that is how I approach what I wear." But I want to finish.

I think she emphasizes there are all four types within us, it's what is dominate that really drives us. I would have to agree with that. I am relating to all groups, but one is standing out a lot.

I am off until I go back to work next Tuesday, so I may have more time to work with this. I find it very fascinating.

I think it will be interesting to see how personality/energy type will be incorporated with our clothing choices. I think so much of what we wear, do, say, is influenced by other factors besides personality.

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!

I

Margaret, in my last working life I was an Air Force protocol officer, in civilian speak one of the things I did was event planning. Definitely helped being intuitive! I did have to tone down my extroverted self which was only portion of this position (that I did for 30 years) that I wasn't crazy about.

Hope everyone enjoys their time with family & friends. As we're flying Thanksgiving night I've made up little goodie bags of homemade fudge for the flight crew to thank them for working the holiday so we can get where we need to be. Happy Turkey Day. Melody

Margaret, I loved my protocol job as everyday was something different. It was totally different than what I had done before. I was the first female paramedic in Massachusetts (1972-1976, Boston police). I've always done what wasn't expected [emoji6]

Wow. December 1st. I feel like I haven't really finished being "Thankful" on Thanksgiving celebrations and here I sit, gazing at an almost completely decorated tree. I had to get myself busy this holiday because we're traveling to Anita just a few days before Christmas. I had the choice of either not decorating at all or ending the procrastination and indecision about whether or not to decorate. Obviously, as you probably gathered from my comment about the tree, I decided to decorate. So glad I did! There's something so joyful about Christmas decorations, right?

And, being the "list" person that I am (who knew it was my nature?!?), I've been doing some advance thinking about New Year type things... resolutions, etc. Believe it or not, New Year's Resolutions are something that I've never ever put into a list. Something about them doesn't feel right to put onto paper. I just carry them with me, in my heart, and try to fulfill what is a deepest wish for change, growth, etc.

Which leads me to the idea of putting down next year's cruise schedule to share with everyone. I tell you... we are in for a BUSY year.

Feb/Mar, cruising New Zealand/Australia

Apr, cruising Caribbean

Sept, cruising Mediterranean

Isn't that something?!? This year had the "extra" cruise in the Caribbean thrown in because of cruising with friends. You ladies know that I'm an extremely advanced planner. Yesterday, Celebrity opened up their European 2018/2019 cruises and we were waiting for those because there's a BIG celebration coming in September 2018 when one of our friends retires. HUGE celebration so we're busy getting that one sorted. Once we do that, even 2018 will have its plans. You'd think I'd have my packing dilemmas all figured out as well, wouldn't you?!? Working on it.... always something to work on, right?

Anyway, back to the present. Looking forward to this December's festivities. We are finally cold enough to kill those darn mosquitos. That's a highlight, for sure. Finishing up the tree today and taking some leisurely time in a few stores to look for additional ornaments, etc.

Hope everyone is having some uplifting joy in the Spirit of this Season.

Pam, that's some fun cruising you have on deck!

Is anyone else going through things in their closet YET AGAIN and weeding out? I have two more bags of clothes for Goodwill ready to go! It is so clear to me now which are my go-to clothes and why.

Lately my thoughts have turned over and over to what Tuttle asks on the videos (and I will eventually connect this to our talk about routine). I've been watching some of the youtube videos where she consults with a client who thinks they are one type, but they're not sure, and they turn out to be another type. I think those videos can be very enlightening, partly because they add more clarity to the types for me.

One thing she always asks is what we were told as children that may have influenced our thinking and behavior and led us to doubt or discount what our energy types or personalities really are. This resonates for me because I was raised to be the exact opposite of what I am as a Type 1 and sometimes punished when my true self slipped out. This made me a very disciplined Type 1 with a strong secondary 3. In effect I didn't fully become myself until I moved 500 miles away after college. I was always told to be a lady, sit still, be an example for the younger ones, be quiet, behave, don't make a scene, don't be selfish (which basically meant don't ask for anything, ever), be modest, don't call attention to yourself and by extension to us. Don't criticize, don't have contrary opinions, don't be TOO good at anything, don't expect praise, don't don't don't don't.....

I want to be clear that this is not a criticism of my parents. They were very young and had four kids in six years. We were their little army regiment, and we did everything together and toed the line. We were loved and had a good life, and lots of fun times.

But.

There was a lot of judgment going on that I internalized.

Now, being conscious of that judgment, I can choose to ignore it and appreciate that being raised the way I was gave me a good balance to my Type 1 by fostering my secondary Type 3, which allows me to establish timelines or routines for myself that give me the freedom to fulfill some of my big plans and schemes. Being organized allows me free time, having some structure lets me be artistic, and having all this mental and physical energy channeled in some fashion allows me to do some incredibly fun things, or envision change, or be selfish and lay on the couch with a good book all day. In a weird way I still think I need to "earn" the things I want by doing my "chores," but I am trying to unlearn the concept of self-indulgent as meaning being my own true self.

So, how does this relate to fashion for me?

My Type 1 gets to have fun shopping and exploring while my Type 3 self happily provides some parameters to avoid those fashion mistakes that add up.

I've finally got a professional look that is suitable and also suits me.

My after-work fun clothes are, in fact, fun. At least for me. :)

How does this relate to cruising for me? You all know how compulsive I am at planning! Where is the Type 1 in that? This is how I see it. All the planning is itself a creative exploration. I want to know all the possible experiences we could have in port, and pick the most awesome one. When our vacation unfolds, I want enough of a plan for each day that we don't wander around wasting time figuring out what to do, we get right to the good stuff and let the day unfold as an adventure.

So, I guess like my tree, I want a strong base so all the good stuff can explode and flourish up top.

Ok, this is a bit of a self-indulgent post. Someone else please say something.

I'm a type 4, from what I can see. It's kind of a serious quiet demeanor with a strong personality on the inside.

Tuttle says black is a good color for me. Not only don't I look good in it, I hate wearing it. But give me red.

Red is a total color of confidence for me. I wore it to the Christmas party tonight and I was just so comfortable with myself.

I would like to learn more about the dressing part for type 4. At the same time, I'm figuring out a lot about myself on my own. A type 4 has a desire to have clothes fit perfectly. They like to adhere to rules.

All of this comes together for me. It explains why I take things to a tailor regularly. It explains why I try to wear earth colors as much as possible. And the bold side comes through with statement necklaces and the strongest of true autumn colors.

I definitely have research to do first though.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Forums mobile app

Did I already mention that I'm always drawn to those clothes on people with the mile long legs, straight shape, and long torso? And I have none of that? Lol. I love clothing that has a certain simplicity, but is very smart looking. Somewhat fitted and really pulled together and polished looking. Then my jewelry says that it's Laurie's outfit.

I've been thinking about my dresses, and which ones I love and why. I love the snake print maxi. I think it is more for the style than the snake print. Another one is my purple dress. Aren't they opposites? Why do I like both of these so much?

Scan0029_zps6nhpvbys.jpg

IMG_37361_zpsynqp2lzl.jpg

Laurie,

I brought you over here because I started the Tuttle conversation over here and it just seemed appropriate. Ever since you posted the question about these two dresses I've been meaning to talk with you about them.

I know that your statement is that the dresses are opposites. Your question is why do you like them so much?

I would venture this statement to you. To my eye, these dresses are "almost" the same dress. Here's what I see: the necklines are the same; the width of the shoulder straps and where they hit your frame are almost the same; the drape from the bust area and definition to the waist are the same; the way that the purple dress elongates the body with its ruching is accomplished in the snake print dress by its pattern.

I believe that your desire to elongate your torso and de-emphasize some of your curves with a straighter line... is, in fact, accomplished with these two dresses.

What do you think?

Also, I would emphasize to you that Tuttle makes some broad sweeping statements that I don't think are true in each and every case within energy types; i.e., her statement that Type 4's can wear black and they're the ONLY energy type that can. For all of her "thinking," Tuttle does try to stuff everyone into a certain Energy Box. Her store has absolutely nothing that appeals to me, dressing my "truth" in her energy typing. I find value in the broadest of interpretations of her energy typing and I discount her application to dressing, accessorizing, etc.

Here's the thing: I think that the Ladies on This Forum have knowledge, commitment to dressing for our highest and best selves, and being helpful. I think that with our collective thoughts we can crack the dressing "code" and help each other without having Tuttle be anything more than an inspiration for our start point.

Anyway, my thoughts.....

Melody, I love the pictures of you and DH-then and now. Lovely!

Laurie, I see what Pam is seeing in your dresses. I think she has something here.

I'm still working through the Tuttle material because I'm not sure if I'm a Type 3 with a strong Type 1 or visa versa. Is indecision a major indicator of one type or the other? I'm wondering aloud here, but does our birth order have any place in this? I'm an oldest child.

I downloaded the ebook and read/skimmed through most of it and I'll watch those blasted videos again, I guess. I'm also wondering if life lessons play a role in our typing. Much like Margaret, I was told to not/don't a lot--mostly talking. When I grew up, there wasn't preschool or kindergarten. My mother said I cried when the school bus went by our house the year before I attended first grade because I wanted to go to school so much. I do distinctly remember the first day of first grade and my astonishment and bewilderment about all those crying children. Why in the world were they crying? I was wiggling with excitement to be there. The back of my report card says "Debbie talks too much" on each and every grading period space. Even if they sat me with a table of boys I didn't know, I'd still talk. That part hasn't changed!

A life-changing lesson concerning people several years ago, caused me to change how I view my life in connection with others around me. It wasn't a positive lesson and the personality I show others was altered from what it was, say 15 years ago. I see glimmers of my Type 1 childhood/early adult personality if I feel extremely secure with those around me, but for the most part, I'm a solid Type 3 now with a sprinkling of Type 1, I think.

My trip spreadsheet is now the most fun for me. The planning and detailing of each day put to paper. If I feel someone else can take over the planning (Kim!), I'll gladly give it up because I become super anxious if anyone seems dissatisfied with the arrangements I've made, but I WAs the chief planner for every trip of which I was part after I married. I don't become anxious because my plans might be changed, but I take it personally that they are dissatisfied with ME and I never did before. Now, my master sheet, excursion sheet, packing list, and daily outfits page, allows my spreadsheet to become the trip long before we catch the plane in Nashville. It never gives me negative vibes! LOL

Speaking of which, I noticed my countdown clock! Because we are spending a few days pre-cruise in FLL, Alan and I will be leaving 24 days from now and my spreadsheet isn't ready. I must get busy!!!

Pam, what did you say about the exclamation points? What does it mean!?!

TMI? I feel like I've been a little too personal and introspective, but I honestly think my personality has changed. Like Margaret, somebody else talk. Please.

When I grew up, there wasn't preschool or kindergarten. My mother said I cried when the school bus went by our house the year before I attended first grade because I wanted to go to school so much. I do distinctly remember the first day of first grade and my astonishment and bewilderment about all those crying children. Why in the world were they crying? I was wiggling with excitement to be there.

Pam, what did you say about the exclamation points? What does it mean!?!

TMI? I feel like I've been a little too personal and introspective, but I honestly think my personality has changed. Like Margaret, somebody else talk. Please.

Debbie, I think that Dressing Your Truth is a way more personal and introspective process than some of the other things we've talked about like color or shape. It is truly about how we are vs. how we perceive ourselves, and both are shaped so much by the people around us and our life experiences.

For me it's been a similar process as the Style Statement book, but even that seemed more descriptive and less psychoanalytical than this. There can be painful memories lurking back there that bring up some unhappy feelings.

Your story about going to school is spot on for me too! My brother is a year older than me, and when we would walk him to the bus, I didn't understand why I couldn't go too. I couldn't wait! One day when I was four or five, I was sick in bed, and my mom was trying to keep me amused so I'd stay still. She wrote my name at the top of a notebook and gave me a pencil so I could practice. I was so excited! I wanted to read in the worst way. First grade was paradise for me.

I debated between type 1 and type 3 for myself, too. Thinking about my very favorite clothes helped, as did looking at images for those two types and following my gut reaction to the pictures.

I think Tuttle's website is a bit unwieldy, so I've been searching on youtube and finding some of the videos of hers there that are a bit more directed toward me and my questions than just some random hunting on her website can provide. The advantage of youtube is that you can really tailor your search.

Someone else talk? Seriously? :rolleyes:

Alrighty then...

I am totally clearing out my closets and drawers. Sadly, it is because I am tired of looking at things that don't fit...leading me to believe that I have outfits that I don't have and clothes for occasions, when I really don't. Those clothes scream at me in accusation that I allowed myself to regain all the weight...

YES. ALL the weight...

And so I've shut them up by simply removing them from the equation. I'm not trying to sort them at this time. Even as I put some away, I wondered if I really should...did I really love it? Oh well. Just shut up and get in the box.

Meanwhile...I'm reorganizing what remains...I've located a few holes that need filling to be happy getting through the next bit here with Christmas concerts, etc. Some of these holes existed even before I cleared out the too small sizes. I've made a few purchases and thanks to some greater understanding with all this energy profiling, I'm happy to say that the new purchases have found regular attendance in the laundry piles. I'm wearing them...which is weird, but I admit that I've purchased things and not really worn them...I thought I would...but I didn't.

I think planning and researching is totally normal for Type 1. I think it has to do with exposure to something NEW. For myself, I will go so far into the research...generally reaching a happy point...and that point may be less deep than another energy profile. Also, the "plans" that result from the research may be more of a guideline...leaving space for what seems like the best thing to do that day...enabling a sort of educated spontaneity. Know your options before you go...but make your decision in the moment.

Unless you absolutely have to decide beforehand, of course...

This is the way that I plan and research anyway...

Laurie...I think you dress very much in a Type 4 way already.

About the black...it's such a somber color. So serious. I think this is why she says that Type 4s are the ones that can wear it, as she perceives the Type 4 energy to be the most serious energy. The Type 4 person generally fulfills expectations of what people think when they see someone wearing black.

(On that note, Mom should really share about the woman in the store in Jamaica).

I take most of what Tuttle says regarding color and kick it out of my brain...go away.

Type 4 is said to be bold. Clean lines. Little movement.

Laurie, what you do that falls into that for me is...

A lot of structured clothing. The dresses you love most have definite structure. There may be some movement, as in, for ease of movement...for example, the snake skin dress...it moves. But it isn't designed to move. Not like a fuller skirt would be.

And you just don't really wear full skirts. At all. Like...I can't even think of a dress that you own that has a full skirt. Your skirts have a cleaner like.

Yes...there may be gathers that break up the perfectly clean line...but to me...what you wear generally falls under tailoring. Not something that would increase the movement of the garment, which is the other side to gathers, etc.

You don't really wear prints...and when you do, they are generally linear or symmetrical somehow. A bolder print, if you will. Never a floral print or dots or something like we see Mom wear (I'm thinking specifically of your chatty tees Mom).

No. You seem to wear a lot of solid colors. A bold statement. Rich, deeper colors, which is fitting. Red is a great color on you...and if you watch enough videos, you find that the red and black combo is something that the Type 4s wear a lot. So what if you don't pair your solid, bold red with black?

Yes. Lots of solids. Bolder prints, if any. Statement necklaces but otherwise...streamlined jewelry.

Not too much in the way of ornamentation on the clothing themselves. Not too flashy. Bold. But not flashy and sparkly.

I think the fact that you don't really wear active wear is very Type 4. I mean, you wear it to work out, but I don't get the impression that you wear it otherwise. To me, that's very Type 4. Wear active wear when you are active, otherwise, where clothing that is appropriate for the activity that you are doing. And there is usually clothing that is appropriate. And that's what you wear.

Which is of and itself, a very structured thing to do.

Just like you haven't really gotten into casual sneakers. I know you tried to for the CA cruise, but they weren't comfortable and I don't think you were really attracted to the look anyway. I think sneakers are just a little too casual for you. I think that your mode of dress, even when you are casual, isn't quite THAT casual.

I was very fortunate in that I grew up with a Mom that was very conscious of the effect of much about parenting...so I never heard criticisms like Tuttle talks about. Like EVER. And if I did, they were delivered in such a way that it was a correction in behavior for a time, and I never accepted it as criticism of me...because I have no memory of ever hearing anything said to me repeatedly like Tuttle makes mention of to help someone figure out their energy type.

Instead...Mom would take my energetic self to the park and challenge me to run to the ducks as fast as I could...and repeatedly NOT watch because something happened...so I would have to show her how fast I could run AGAIN.

And again.

And again.

Not that I remember this happening. I remember being told the story.

Anyway...

Interesting thing about all this energy stuff.

Lots of exclamation points is associated with Type 1!

If you look at a history of texts between DH and myself...you can see that I have an exclamation point at the end of most of my sentences. I became conscious of them at some point along this forum journey and tried to tone it down...but I think if you were to find early Anita posts...you would see lots of punctuation.

Here's one:

Thanks!!

Thanks!!

Thank you!. Demi-permanent.

Do take a picture so we can see! I love all the pictures...

And another...

I love it!! It looks very good. I don't know if your cut is new too, but I really like that hair style on you...we can really see your eyes!! Lovely..,

Anita, I think your analysis for Type 4 is spot on for Lauries style of dressing and feeling comfortable. You have a talent for writing which is very helpful for us on this forum.

I am still debating re type 1 or 3 for myself😉

I am a middle child and my parents were the perfect parents . I have lots of great childhood memories . My Mom was a great dresser even at 99 . She still wore earrings ,make -up and very nice outfits . I have never seen my Mom looking sloppy even when she was sick . My Dad also dressed well . He always wore sport jackets and slacks . He was also never sloppy .I know this influenced me . I will never be one of these woman who wear t shirts with logo on them to anything but around the house .I do wear active wear and shame on me I sometimes wear it to more places than the gym . Okay , A lot more than sometimes . I am the woman food shopping in active wear pretending I am just coming from the gym .I think I am a type 2 with a crazy edge .I also think in her shop all the clothes look alike no matter the type .I have recently found that I can wear black as long as it is one piece not a total black outfit . I can even wear a black dress with a colorful scarf . Was that enough talking ?