Do you tell everyone you are going on a Princess Cruise?

MattOsprey

I have noticed that I am a terrible bragger about my forthcoming cruises. No matter where I am, I manage to slip it in to conversation that I will be away as I am going on a cruise.

Does anyone else do this or am I a really shallow person?

Matthew

PS did I mention I am on a Princess cruise next week!

I have noticed that I am a terrible bragger about my forthcoming cruises. No matter where I am, I manage to slip it in to conversation that I will be away as I am going on a cruise.

Does anyone else do this or am I a really shallow person?

Matthew

PS did I mention I am on a Princess cruise next week!

Oh yeah. Once I'm booked I can't stop talking to anyone who wants to listen. I think it's the excitement!

Too funny! I like to think I am a cautious person with travel. Don't let everyone know you are going away, light timers, etc.

But my friends know about my cruises. I think I talk about them more BEFORE I sail than after I return. The excitement of going seems to be shared more than the fun that I had!

Plus, in my email "I'm away" message, I post a link to the Princess Bridge Cam and suggest the emailer check out where I am at!!!

Wow, I'm definitely in the minority with this one. Other than our neighbor across the street & our relatives so they can get in touch if need be, there's no need to brag to anyone else especially during this time of recession. It's bad enough that most people we deal with are lucky to have a job much less a cruise vacation.

Boy that was kind of a downer answer 1HappyCruiser!!! Are you not happy anymore...you are taking a cruise afterall. I am not bragging to anyone about being able to afford a cruise....I am just so excited about a vacation and seeing new sites...certainly not bragging. Some of my friends, who don't like to travel by the way, are always asking me where my husband and I are going next, as they say they are living through our travel lol. I would certainly not mention it to friends that were out of work unless I was specifically asked where I was going next. i don't think most of these replies were actually saying they brag as in being snotty...just because they to are excited to be cruising like me. Just my opinion though.

I am in automotive sales and I use cruising everyday to connect with customers. I have a digital picture frame on my desk that scrolls through different pictures including several shots from cruises. I always seem to find a way to find out if people are fellow cruisers. We always book another cruise while we are on board so we always have a cruise booked and something to talk about. It is great to be able to talk cruising at work.

Boy that was kind of a downer answer 1HappyCruiser!!! Are you not happy anymore...you are taking a cruise afterall. I am not bragging to anyone about being able to afford a cruise....I am just so excited about a vacation and seeing new sites...certainly not bragging. Some of my friends, who don't like to travel by the way, are always asking me where my husband and I are going next, as they say they are living through our travel lol. I would certainly not mention it to friends that were out of work unless I was specifically asked where I was going next. i don't think most of these replies were actually saying they brag as in being snotty...just because they to are excited to be cruising like me. Just my opinion though.

Maybe you don't consider it bragging (I don't) but it is. I'm sure most of the people that do have to tell others about their next cruise are not doing it to brag but only in conversation and many people who can't even afford a decent vacation probably do consider it bragging, even if they don't tell you to your face.

Ask yourself, is it really necessary to tell everyone you meet that you're going on a cruise? Do most others really care?

My opinion as well, very well said.....:):):)

Bob

Maybe you don't consider it bragging (I don't) but it is. I'm sure most of the people that do have to tell others about their next cruise are not doing it to brag but only in conversation and many people who can't even afford a decent vacation probably do consider it bragging, even if they don't tell you to your face.

Ask yourself, is it really necessary to tell everyone you meet that you're going on a cruise? Do most others really care?

Most of us are just bragging about bragging. Additionally, IMHO, we tell people who already know our fondness of cruising or as in my case answer questions asked of us by our friends.....

Bob

Just to clarify matters. I don't stand outside the job centre or the social security building and tell people. It's mainly people like the bank staff and the like.

While we are away there are people doing renovations for most of the time, so I hope I won't be robbed. There isn't a lot of crime in my village of 12 houses.

Matthew

Nope, don't talk about it much anymore. That is why I come here!! So I can anticipate and talk about my cruises with you wonderful, like-minded people. Since we have started cruising frequently I have become weary of the "Another cruise?" comments with the :rolleyes: I get from some friends, family and co-workers. So I pretty much keep it to myself and save the chat for the Cruise Critic boards!

Archived