Two Oasis Questions

ATG

I currently have a JS on the hump (8640) booked. I am considering upgrading to a GS. Of course, none of them are on the hump, so I am not sure.

Two questions-

I have heard that the balcony furniture in suites above JS has been upgraded. To what? Is it comfortable?

On Labadee, suite guests can reserve cabanas. Are they usually all booked? If not full, can others reserve them?

Thanks for your help.

Yes the deck furntiure is upgraded for Grand Suites and higher and is much nicer.

Suite guests get first dibs on renting a cabana at Labadee. If all cabanas are not booked by suite guests then the Concierge turns them over to the Diamond Concierge. Prices range from $150.00 to $200.00 for the day.

Here is a photo of the balcony furniture and cabanas.

Cabin1648-12.jpg

This is cabana W-1

CabanaW-1.jpg

Cabana2.jpg

Prices range from $150.00 to $200.00 for the day.

Help me out here.

So, I am going to the beach, and I am going to pay $200 to get an indoor cabana?:eek:

Uh, what up wit dat?:rolleyes:

If I wanted indoor comforts, I think I would stay in my balcony cabin for nuttin'.

ATG- Stay where you are, if you have a hump stateroom.

No, you do not need a cabana on Labadee. I may be wrong but the photos seem like a joke. LOL If someone actually PAID for that type of cabana while on Labadee in Haiti..... well... what can I say?

Just go to the beach.

Matter of fact... walk way over to where you can watch the zip liners. There is plenty of trees to shade you. The locals are employed by RCCL (Thank you!) and will be VERY happy to carry a lounge chair to wherever YOU want!

Prices range from $150.00 to $200.00 for the day.

Here is a photo of the balcony furniture and cabanas.

This is cabana W-1

Very interesting, and thank you for sharing the picture of the cabana.

Maybe you could tell me of the benefits of having a cabana.

Personally, I go to a beach, to ..... go on a beach.

Sand, water, sun.

Look forward to hearing from you.

i found out about the cab after my cruise on oasis but plan to take full advantage of them on my allure trip. while many feel its over priced that all depends on what your use too. I live in South florida and our beaches are a hell of a lot nicer then labadee. so that rules out the need for me to use their beaches. secondly with oasis the beach was very over crowded and when i wanted to just relax i couldnt because there were screaming kids and when i moved then i had young teens kicking water all over me while they go in and out. Im 26 not old and annoyed by everything. but for me i dont mind spending the money to have privacy and quiet. along with that you get private service. you dont get that on the beach side.

gator2 - thanks so much for posting those pix.....been to labadee many times and am planning on using the cabanas this trip...will be well worth it in my opinion for the quiet and privacy...not too mention the comfort and having both sun or shade as an option...I like the sun while husband can't be in sun due to Rx he is on...I know...sounds silly...then why does he go on so many cruises....well cruising is more than just about sun

UNV-IT - I completely agree with you...it's all a matter of preference...to some it is not worth it but to others...it is..and at 50...I am "older" and want the peace and quiet for sure...getting away from the crowds for just one day is well worth the cost

renieraider - I don't know what you mean by "someone tell me you are joking" ....joking about what?

.... "if someone actually PAID for that type of cabana"...are you saying you don't believe the picture or you just don't think it is worth it....the photos are real as I have seen them many times and there are numerous threads about the cabanas

Gator2 -

one other question about the pix you posted of the balcony cabin...this is a GS on what ship?

Thanks

That photo of the balcony was actually an hunp OS on the Freedom but the deck furniture on the Oasis looks very similar. I posted the photo to show the OP what the new deck furniture looked like. Very comfortable by the way.

thank you...did you stay in the W1 cabana...I am trying to decide between W1 -2-3-4....if I can get one....and I have the option...which would you choose...and I have heard nothing but good things about the cabanas...yet to hear anyone complain they were too hot

one other question...are you allowed to smoke in the cabanas...I don't want to be right next to a group who smokes...so want to choose wisely if indeed they allow it...

no need for others to flame me here please...I am not starting a thread on smoking vs non...I have no problem with those who smoke...as long as it is not around me...therefore if I rent a cabana and they do allow smoking..I would definately want to be upwind in stead of downwind...which is why I ask the question

Thanks for the help

thank you...did you stay in the W1 cabana...I am trying to decide between W1 -2-3-4....if I can get one....and I have the option...which would you choose...and I have heard nothing but good things about the cabanas...yet to hear anyone complain they were too hot

one other question...are you allowed to smoke in the cabanas...I don't want to be right next to a group who smokes...so want to choose wisely if indeed they allow it...

no need for others to flame me here please...I am not starting a thread on smoking vs non...I have no problem with those who smoke...as long as it is not around me...therefore if I rent a cabana and they do allow smoking..I would definately want to be upwind in stead of downwind...which is why I ask the question

Thanks for the help

My preference would be either W-1 or W-4. The cabanas were not hot to me and we were there in August.

Not sure about smoking. We don't smoke but I did not see any signs stating one way or the other.

Thanks for all the information. The balcony furniture looks quite comfortable. I love cruising and seeing all the people, but I also like some quiet time on my balcony. We have had both JS and GS in the past and had decided a JS was enough space for us. I especially love the closet! But the extras you get from having a GS are nice. We are diamond, so we will have the DL.

Our cruise in not until Oct 2011, so I have a little time to think about it. I would really like a cabana. We raised our sons and love kids, but not all the time. (Sorry if that offends someone!) I love the beach, but get too hot in the sun - and I try not to get burned. The cost of a cabana is like the cost of an excursion. Since we won't visit Falmouth (Jamaica is not our favorite stop), my overall cost for excursions will not be too bad.

I know the usual suite benefits, but are there any special ones? Is there a special breakfast place? Since there are so many places to eat, I don't know that we would use it.

As always, thanks for all the information and advice.

i found out about the cab after my cruise on oasis but plan to take full advantage of them on my allure trip. while many feel its over priced that all depends on what your use too. I live in South florida and our beaches are a hell of a lot nicer then labadee. so that rules out the need for me to use their beaches. secondly with oasis the beach was very over crowded and when i wanted to just relax i couldnt because there were screaming kids and when i moved then i had young teens kicking water all over me while they go in and out. Im 26 not old and annoyed by everything. but for me i dont mind spending the money to have privacy and quiet. along with that you get private service. you dont get that on the beach side.

I agree with your assessment. We are already planning on booking one of these for our cruise in May because you get a very nice lunch, peace and quiet, drinks and they will take you to the rollercoaster and zip line if you want to partake of those excursions and bring you back. We have paid a lot more pp for excursions and are looking forward to having a nice place to relax with access to the beach :D

We rented cabanas in August and the temp was 101 with a "feels like" temp of 115. The cabanas had a fan in them and it did not feel that hot at all. We had the standard cabanas that sit back a little away from the water and for most of the day were shady. (We got plenty of sun in the water.)

We felt the money spent to rent them was well spent and I would not hesitate to do it the next time, but that is my personal opinion.

Thanks for all the information. The balcony furniture looks quite comfortable. I love cruising and seeing all the people, but I also like some quiet time on my balcony. We have had both JS and GS in the past and had decided a JS was enough space for us. I especially love the closet! But the extras you get from having a GS are nice. We are diamond, so we will have the DL.

Our cruise in not until Oct 2011, so I have a little time to think about it. I would really like a cabana. We raised our sons and love kids, but not all the time. (Sorry if that offends someone!) I love the beach, but get too hot in the sun - and I try not to get burned. The cost of a cabana is like the cost of an excursion. Since we won't visit Falmouth (Jamaica is not our favorite stop), my overall cost for excursions will not be too bad.

I know the usual suite benefits, but are there any special ones? Is there a special breakfast place? Since there are so many places to eat, I don't know that we would use it.

As always, thanks for all the information and advice.

They serve breakfast and lunch in the Concierge lounge on the Oasis. Not sure what they serve for breakfast but for lunch they have a menu with items to choose from. It's very quiet in the CL and the views are outstanding.

To all those concerned about crowds and children on Labadee: Those cabanas are at Barefoot Beach which is reserved for suite pax only. It is not crowded at all! I was there a month ago and I'll bet there were no more than 50 people there at any time. And it is a large area with lots of trees for shade. I wouldn't spend a nickel for one of those cabanas. We had loungers in natural shade looking directly at the water and enjoyed a cool breeze.

They serve breakfast and lunch in the Concierge lounge on the Oasis. Not sure what they serve for breakfast but for lunch they have a menu with items to choose from. It's very quiet in the CL and the views are outstanding.

Oasis CL Breakfast Menu:

2665326640077959744S600x600Q85.jpg

2257016420077959744S600x600Q85.jpg

2494191680077959744S600x600Q85.jpg

To all those concerned about crowds and children on Labadee: Those cabanas are at Barefoot Beach which is reserved for suite pax only. It is not crowded at all! I was there a month ago and I'll bet there were no more than 50 people there at any time. And it is a large area with lots of trees for shade. I wouldn't spend a nickel for one of those cabanas. We had loungers in natural shade looking directly at the water and enjoyed a cool breeze.

Hi there august,

I was wondering if you could just clarify the bolded part of your statement. Do you mean that the cabanas are reserved or is the entire Barefoot Beach area now reserved (this might sound like a really silly question, but I get easily confused;)!)?

I remember spending time on Barefoot Beach a few years ago with the kids and just loved it. My DH and I, plus some friends, will be going back in Jan 2011 while on an adult only cruise, and that was one of the spots I was thinking of hunkering down for the day!

Barefoot beach has been designated for suite guests only since around the first of 2010. There is a low wall around it and a gate where your seapass card is checked and where you get a wrist band.

Oh, that's such a shame (for us who can't book suites), I really liked that beach (sigh). Oh well, I know there have been a lot of changes there since we last stopped so I'm sure there will be other options. I just really liked it as it was a great flake-out spot, and with the kids it was perfect as they're not the strongest swimmers yet (water was nice and calm, easy, gradual entrance into the water).

Archived