Time limit to transfer cruise to TA

So, I just want to clarify that you can fax the travel agency transfer form in and not the travel agent? The reason I'm wondering is because the RCCL agent told me to fill out form and have travel agent fax it in, but I wouldn't think it should matter who sends it in.

Yes......you can fax the transfer form to RCI at 305 603-0036. I've done all my transfers that way. Good Luck. :)

I...How do you tell if the reservation was transferred? Does the travel agent or RCCL notify you, or can you tell after you log into your account on RCCL?

Yes, you can tell by logging into your account on RCCL and see if the travel agency is listed on your booking. My agent also notifies me, but I usually see it on the website a few hours before she lets me know. I'm sure the delay is because she's busy working with many bookings, and I'm tunnel visioned on my one booking.

I faxed the new form to RCCL last week and it showed up in my reservation as having transferred, no problem. Reservation was made several months ago.

Thanks for the feedback. Maybe they were busy when my transfer request was made and mine will transfer soon also.

Bob

Thanks for all the replies.

Yes......you can fax the transfer form to RCI at 305 603-0036. I've done all my transfers that way. Good Luck. :)

Yes, you can tell by logging into your account on RCCL and see if the travel agency is listed on your booking. My agent also notifies me, but I usually see it on the website a few hours before she lets me know. I'm sure the delay is because she's busy working with many bookings, and I'm tunnel visioned on my one booking.

I faxed my form over to RCCL this morning and hopefully the transfer will go through. About how long does it take for the transfer to be applied after it is faxed?

I faxed my form over to RCCL this morning and hopefully the transfer will go through. About how long does it take for the transfer to be applied after it is faxed?

Sometimes the transfer goes through on the same day it is faxed and sometimes it takes over two weeks if they misplace it. One time I had to make several calls only to be told I never faxed it. After sending another fax I was also told that never happened. To make a long story short, both faxes were just sitting at the transfer dept. and no one ever processed them.

I faxed my form through a week ago and am still waiting. Cruises were booked this past spring and are for 2011 sailings. My TA called RCCL to do the transfer and was told that I had to fax the request to them - they made no mention to my TA about this new 60 day rule.

Just an FYI...........I emailed a gal that we met on our Jewel TA this past September and who happens to work for C&A in Kansas. I asked her about the new transfer policy. This is her response which I just received.....

Patti,

I checked my work e-mail and they have made a correction when it comes to the transfer. If the booking was created before 10/18/2010, the old transfer polices would apply, meaning that it had to be done before final payment. It is any booking created on or after 10/18/2010, that has to be transferred to a travel agent within 60 days of the booking being created.

This has my head spinning. I booked my May '11 cruise on Oct. 17th! So, I'm hoping that this honoring of bookings made prior to the 18th is true. I think I'll email RCI customer service too, just to get it in writing. Thanks for the head's-up in this thread everyone!

Well my travel agent tried to have my reservation transferred to her and couldn't do it.

She was told by RCCL that they can not take over reservation unless it was booked with the travel agent's name onboard and that you are given 30 days after the booking was made to transfer to travel agent. I booked the reservaton back in Jan., and was hoping that I would be grandfathered in since I made the ressie way before this new rule went into effect. I wonder if I called I would have any better results, or does the travel agent have to be the one to request the transfer?

I was able to have the reservation transferred over to the travel agent. I faxed the request on Sunday, and when I logged into my account this morning it showed up on my reservation. So, this is great news for those worried that they wouldn't be grandfathered in.

This has my head spinning. I booked my May '11 cruise on Oct. 17th! So, I'm hoping that this honoring of bookings made prior to the 18th is true. I think I'll email RCI customer service too, just to get it in writing. Thanks for the head's-up in this thread everyone!

I emailed RCI through the website right after I posted that and I still haven't heard back from them.

Has anyone else emailed them through the website, and how long did it take for a response?

Another report on this issue...emailed my preferred TA and she said to send the booking number and she would have it transferred for me..less than 24 hours it was showing with her agency on RCI My Cruises. This was a booking from early May of this year.

After waiting a week for my transfer to occur, I tried faxing the transfer form again, and the transfer took place later that same day. This was for a cruise booked back in March, well outside the 60 day transfer limit, but booked before the 10/18 rule change. So, Royal honored their grandfather policy for me.

Bob

Just an FYI regarding those that purchased Why Not Decide Later Bookings (aka NextCruise) prior to October 18, 2010.

The 60 day transfer to a TA clock starts ticking the day you activate that booking number and change it into a specific cruise, not the day it was purchased.

Don't know if it has been mentioned...but new form must be signed...old forms did not have a signature line.

In Sept. copied 2 forms for 2 sailings and filled them out with no sigs. I faxed one late Sept. My booking was transferred. In mid Oct. I faxed the second, 4 times. After a few calls and a week my reservation had a notation that a signature was needed. I re faxed the form with my sig and it was done.

I was told by reps. and a supervisor that if a booking number is incorrect, name wrong, form not filled out correctly, they just disregard the request, there is no follow up by the department that does the transferring nor can the reps contact the department by phone.

I recently spoke to a supervisor and wrote an e-mail suggesting that when a transfer is rejected that the client be contacted by phone. I think the only reason why mine received the denotation was because I had faxed it 4 times.

Remember it should trasfer in a day or 2, so follow up if not also double check your fax that everything is correct.

I emailed RCI through the website right after I posted that and I still haven't heard back from them.

Has anyone else emailed them through the website, and how long did it take for a response?

It can take a while, the 18th is the date, so don't worry.

But this is some food for thought...if you have a good TA presently who gives a descent benefit why not transfer, their perks might change between now and your sail date.

I experienced this last May, discount went from 10-8% and it was significant on my Xpedition sailing.

Just an FYI regarding those that purchased Why Not Decide Later Bookings (aka NextCruise) prior to October 18, 2010.

The 60 day transfer to a TA clock starts ticking the day you activate that booking number and change it into a specific cruise, not the day it was purchased.

Patti or anyone else ~ If you purchased the Why Not Decide later booking after Oct 18 when does the clock start ticking for that?

What a novel idea. :rolleyes:

(:rolleyes: is @ RCI, not you obviously)

I agree. More details.....I was against the gun too as I started my transfer the week before final payment and it of course was Oct. 8, 2 days after the date on the new form.

I faxed info on 2 state rooms twice, finally after checking on sight for the transfer I called and gave my res. numbers to a rep that determined.... dummy me, transposed a number, my booking numbers started with 9966....I wrote 9996....so I sent a correction again no transfer, 2 days later I called a rep. who saw the denotation about sig. then we saw the new form had a sig. line, knowing it needed to be transferred that day she emailed the department and I received a contact and their direct fax number, I sent my old Fax with signature and within the hour it was transferred.

Sometimes you play the game to get what you want.

Even though, the old form did state in the bottom paragraph a signature was needed, I had sent over 7 transfers the last couple of years without one, most resent Sept....but with a new form that had a signature line, what could I do but follow the new procedure.

Patti or anyone else ~ If you purchased the Why Not Decide later booking after Oct 18 when does the clock start ticking for that?

The clock starts ticking when you covert the NC into a specific cruise and not when it was purchased. This is for all NC or WHDL bookings no matter if they were purchased prior to or after October 18, 2010.

I'm sorry Emmy, I should not have said "prior to October 18" in my post above. :o

The clock starts ticking when you covert the NC into a specific cruise and not when it was purchased. This is for all NC or WHDL bookings no matter if they were purchased prior to or after October 18, 2010.

I'm sorry Emmy, I should not have said "prior to October 18" in my post above. :o

Good news Patti... that is what I was thinking. Thanks for the quick answer:)

The form I've used for the past several years has had a signature line...

Just out of curiosity, I decided to investigate. I found a transfer form from a 2008 cruise that I kept that did have the print/signature lines. Also a blank form in my travel file dated 6/18/2010 which has them as well.

I must have copied a "transitional" form from the site this last Sept. which had the print name and signature line removed in error, the form looks identical except for font size and the lines missing, also no date in the lower right corner.

All I know is I am looking at the Faxes I sent in Sept. and Oct. and they accepted one in Sept. rejected one in Oct. and the form has no print name or signature lines. To the right of the Fax number and mail to address it is completely blank.

But, you are correct some past forms did have the print/signature lines. It is possibe they let my Sept. one go because they knew an incorrect from was out there, but once the form was corrected on-line they would no longer accept my old copy without signature. We'll never know the real answer will we?

Moral of the story: copy the most recent form on line and make sure to fill it out properly.

Archived