Time limit to transfer cruise to TA

The effective date is October 18, 2010 so any cruises booked prior to that date do not fall under the new transfer policy. You must have missed this discussion Time limit to transfer cruise to TA

Just reading this news now. Just did a NC on Oasis with the Loyalty Ambassador. Booking date Oct 19 just went to check..would have been nice if she had even mentioned it to me.

Just reading this news now. Just did a NC on Oasis with the Loyalty Ambassador. Booking date Oct 19 just went to check..would have been nice if she had even mentioned it to me.

Does your form indicate any limitation on transferring to a TA?

In my opinion, this limitation cannot logically apply until you actually book a real cruise with a date. But since when has logic and RCL been used correctly in the same sentence?

Does your form indicate any limitation on transferring to a TA?

In my opinion, this limitation cannot logically apply until you actually book a real cruise with a date. But since when has logic and RCL been used correctly in the same sentence?

I just went to read the paperwork and no mention of the limitation in the letter.... the thing was I could have simply filled out the NC form and dropped it off. I did not want to do that since I wanted to make sure it would not be given to the TA at that time. I would most likely give it to her anyway but not then. I asked the LA about doing the NC and she said 'just fill out the form' I wanted to make sure it was done in US funds since I am CDN and that I would get the friends certificates. She said to me since I appeared 'worried' to use her words she would do it for me.

Not worried just knowing how things can get messed up so I sat with her while she took care of it and I had all the paperwork in hand.

Those 3 girls left alot to be desired IMHO ;) especially the blonde one!!!

I just went to read the paperwork and no mention of the limitation in the letter.... the thing was I could have simply filled out the NC form and dropped it off. I did not want to do that since I wanted to make sure it would not be given to the TA at that time. I would most likely give it to her anyway but not then. I asked the LA about doing the NC and she said 'just fill out the form' I wanted to make sure it was done in US funds since I am CDN and that I would get the friends certificates. She said to me since I appeared 'worried' to use her words she would do it for me.

Not worried just knowing how things can get messed up so I sat with her while she took care of it and I had all the paperwork in hand.

Hi Emmy -- you were smart to do this -- I filled out form and left it, and that's what happened to me! Even though I am not CDN I have a CDN TA, so they billed in $CAD -- and they did NOT send F&F certs., said TA had to arrange for them to be attached to my "new" booking number (they had to cancel the one they had billed in CAD and issue a new one billed in $USD). Oy!

MikeW, Let me give you and example of "what work".

My husband and I were booked on the June 3 Radiance of the Seas cruise to Alaska that was cancelled, and have good friends who had also booked the same cruise directly with RCCL.

When it was cancelled RCCL re-booked our friends on the same cruise tour two weeks later. My friend called me as soon as she made that change so my husband and I could re-book the same cruise that they did when RCCL called us. At that time there were only two junior suites left for that cruise and I was concerned that if I waited for RCCL's call those junior suites would no longer be available. So I called RCCL's deployment department to explain the situation and they arranged for my husband and I to have a junior suite on the same cruise that our friends had re-booked.

This is one time that I was very grateful to have booked that cruise tour directly with the cruise line because RCCL would not have been able to deal with me directly if I had booked it with a TA and time was of the essence in that situation. If we had booked it with a TA we probably would have not been able to re-book on the same cruise where we will be celebrating our 35th anniversary with the same couple that we celebrated our 30th anniversary on a Baltic Cruise to Russia, as well as our wedding day many years ago.

That is a good example of work, however I was referring to just a basic no problems arise booking. I book online, then transfer near final payment. No work for Royal with the exception of an auto generated email confirmation.

The policy is inconvenient for me, but I can live with it. I want my FF miles, so I really have no choice but to live with it. :D

I booked a 2/11 cruise in March of this year. I wanted to wait to transfer it to a TA until I acquired a few more points to pay for this cruise. Monday I called a TA for the well known credit card I was using (not the RCI B of A card) and had no problems transferring either the points or the booking to him. He talked to RCI and the person he spoke with said that the policy hadn't changed: ok to transfer until final payment. If there is, in fact, a new policy for future bookings I can certainly live with it, but I'm totally relieved that I was able to unload the huge amount of points I had already accumulated to pay for my upcoming cruise. I also check daily for any price reductions so I don't have to bother a TA with this, but the price for our JS has increased $300 pp, so I doubt the price will go lower. If it does, I'm ok with what I paid, and I can still get OBC, if the TA agrees, since I booked prior to the new rules on that. This is just my experience. I hope others' experiences are as positive.:p

I sent an email to Crown and Anchor regarding the new 60 day rule because I wanted the answer in writing. I received a generic response outlining how to transfer a cruise to a TA and the only restriction was it had to be done before final payment. It looks like they weren't aware of this rule. Since my question wasn't answered, I responded that I wanted a supervisor to look into this. Of course no one has responded and I transferred my 2012 cruise to my TA in case the grandfathering rule did not apply.

This had been handled very poorly. When policies change the reps should be informed ahead of time.

I sent an email to Crown and Anchor regarding the new 60 day rule because I wanted the answer in writing. I received a generic response outlining how to transfer a cruise to a TA and the only restriction was it had to be done before final payment. It looks like they weren't aware of this rule. Since my question wasn't answered, I responded that I wanted a supervisor to look into this. Of course no one has responded and I transferred my 2012 cruise to my TA in case the grandfathering rule did not apply.

This had been handled very poorly. When policies change the reps should be informed ahead of time.

This has been handled in typical RCL fashion. They implement the rules, then decide to tell people but only in small lots at a time.

Well my travel agent tried to have my reservation transferred to her and couldn't do it.

She was told by RCCL that they can not take over reservation unless it was booked with the travel agent's name onboard and that you are given 30 days after the booking was made to transfer to travel agent. I booked the reservaton back in Jan., and was hoping that I would be grandfathered in since I made the ressie way before this new rule went into effect. I wonder if I called I would have any better results, or does the travel agent have to be the one to request the transfer?

Well my travel agent tried to have my reservation transferred to her and couldn't do it.

She was told by RCCL that they can not take over reservation unless it was booked with the travel agent's name onboard and that you are given 30 days after the booking was made to transfer to travel agent. I booked the reservaton back in Jan., and was hoping that I would be grandfathered in since I made the ressie way before this new rule went into effect. I wonder if I called I would have any better results, or does the travel agent have to be the one to request the transfer?

No, you would have to call RCI since they still has your reservation. Try again and see what happens..........ask to speak to a supervisor...........however, I think the outcome will be the same and you will not be able to transfer.

Please let us know what happens as there are others on this thread that would be interested.

No, you would have to call RCI since they still has your reservation. Try again and see what happens..........ask to speak to a supervisor...........however, I think the outcome will be the same and you will not be able to transfer.

Please let us know what happens as there are others on this thread that would be interested.

Oh no..not liking the sounds of this. I too have a reservation that was booked in May with RCI direct and had all intentions of transferring to my preferred TA

Please let us know

I finally received two emails yesterday. The first one indicated that the 60 day rule applies regardless of when it was booked. The next one said that a memo was sent out last night that if you booked before Oct. 18th the new 60 day rule does not apply.

I finally received two emails yesterday. The first one indicated that the 60 day rule applies regardless of when it was booked. The next one said that a memo was sent out last night that if you booked before Oct. 18th the new 60 day rule does not apply.

Now the question is.........which one do you believe?:confused::eek:

Now the question is.........which one do you believe?:confused::eek:

At this point, none of them ! LOL

It took so long for a response that I already transferred my 2012 cruise. If there's this much confusion now , it would be interesting to see how transfers get handled later on from people who are relying on the grandfathering. I guess RCI reps can use any rule they want.

Just an FYI...........I emailed a gal that we met on our Jewel TA this past September and who happens to work for C&A in Kansas. I asked her about the new transfer policy. This is her response which I just received.....

Patti,

I checked my work e-mail and they have made a correction when it comes to the transfer. If the booking was created before 10/18/2010, the old transfer polices would apply, meaning that it had to be done before final payment. It is any booking created on or after 10/18/2010, that has to be transferred to a travel agent within 60 days of the booking being created.

Just an FYI...........I emailed a gal that we met on our Jewel TA this past September and who happens to work for C&A in Kansas. I asked her about the new transfer policy. This is her response which I just received.....

Patti,

I checked my work e-mail and they have made a correction when it comes to the transfer. If the booking was created before 10/18/2010, the old transfer polices would apply, meaning that it had to be done before final payment. It is any booking created on or after 10/18/2010, that has to be transferred to a travel agent within 60 days of the booking being created.

Thanks for this Patti. I faxed a transfer form to Royal a few days ago for a cruise I booked back in March. It has not transferred yet - usually it transfers within the same day. It might take a while for the details on the policy change to reach all the relevant people at Royal. I'll report back here what happens.

Bob

Thanks for this Patti. I faxed a transfer form to Royal a few days ago for a cruise I booked back in March. It has not transferred yet - usually it transfers within the same day. It might take a while for the details on the policy change to reach all the relevant people at Royal. I'll report back here what happens.

Bob

I can just see the reps tripping over each other as they are looking for the right policy that would pertain to the form that you faxed. :p

Patti,

Any chance of that email being made public? I for one would love a copy for future use. :cool:

Any chance of that email being made public? I for one would love a copy for future use. :cool:

I did make it public by posting it here.;):D

If you mean start another thread...........I would prefer not to because there will be those that will not believe it.

Just copy it from here. The gal's first name is Cara.

I have better news, after calling RCCL. I spoke to an agent and she told me that there would be no problem in transferring the reservation since it was made back in January and the policy had just recently changed. She told me that she would make a note of the travel agency and the agent on my file and that I should have travel agent fax in my transfer form. So hopefully the transfer will go though. I'll report back here the results. Maybe there was a problem because the travel agent had made the request instead of me.

Bob

How do you tell if the reservation was transferred? Does the travel agent or RCCL notify you, or can you tell after you log into your account on RCCL?

Patti,

I called Crown and Anchor this afternoon and what Patti posted is the "newest/current" policy. Looks like Monday's memo that said "no grandfathering" has been rescinded. In some ways I'm not surprised but still wonder how a multi-million dollar company doesn't think something through before they make a change. :rolleyes:

The RCI website has not been changed and I'm curious if we will ever see what Patti posted in writing.

Q: Can I transfer my reservation to a travel agent if I purchased my cruise directly from Royal Caribbean?

A: Bookings may be transferred to a Travel Agent up until 60 days from creation if the request is made outside of Final Payment period and the booking is not paid in full. If a booking has a ChoiceAir ticket and the transfer request involves a change in currency we cannot accommodate a transfer. If you would like to transfer your reservation to a Travel Agent, please complete this form and return to us via fax.

I have better news, after calling RCCL. I spoke to an agent and she told me that there would be no problem in transferring the reservation since it was made back in January and the policy had just recently changed. She told me that she would make a note of the travel agency and the agent on my file and that I should have travel agent fax in my transfer form. So hopefully the transfer will go though. I'll report back here the results. Maybe there was a problem because the travel agent had made the request instead of me.

How do you tell if the reservation was transferred? Does the travel agent or RCCL notify you, or can you tell after you log into your account on RCCL?

If you log into your My Cruises account on the RCI website and click on Purchased and Held cruises you can see if your reservation belongs to your travel agent.

Typical confusion! I faxed in the forms for my January cruise. One of the 2 reservations was transferred (we're in the RFS, so we have 2 booking numbers). My TA called to find out why only one was processed and they told her that the new policy and they couldnt transfer the reservations. One has already been transferred. She (my TA) was told that someone will call her Monday with an answer. Apparently the independent TA's were not told of the policy change and she is going nuts to find the "correct" answer. Our bookings were done more than 60 days ago, but we're sure how many people were going to be cruising which is why we didn't make the switch earlier. Nuts! I'll keep you posted to what goes on Monday.

Typical confusion! I faxed in the forms for my January cruise. One of the 2 reservations was transferred (we're in the RFS, so we have 2 booking numbers). My TA called to find out why only one was processed and they told her that the new policy and they couldnt transfer the reservations. One has already been transferred. She (my TA) was told that someone will call her Monday with an answer. Apparently the independent TA's were not told of the policy change and she is going nuts to find the "correct" answer. Our bookings were done more than 60 days ago, but we're sure how many people were going to be cruising which is why we didn't make the switch earlier. Nuts! I'll keep you posted to what goes on Monday.

So, I just want to clarify that you can fax the travel agency transfer form in and not the travel agent? The reason I'm wondering is because the RCCL agent told me to fill out form and have travel agent fax it in, but I wouldn't think it should matter who sends it in.

Archived