Time limit to transfer cruise to TA

I emailed RCI through the website right after I posted that and I still haven't heard back from them.

Has anyone else emailed them through the website, and how long did it take for a response?

Well they never responded to me :mad:, so I'll just give them a call and try and get at least a verbal response. I wanted an email just so I'd have something in writing in case there are any questions down the road when I do try and transfer my booking.

Bumping this just to add that I did finally get an email from RCCL and they did confirm what others have said about the Oct. 18th cut-off.

I wanted to have my own written confirmation for when I do eventually transfer my booking. I barely made the cut-off date.

Here is the confirmation for anyone else who needs things triple confirmed like me. :)

Thank you for your email. We apologize for the delay in our response.

Please be advised that you are able to transfer your reservation over to a travel agency. Royal Caribbean Internationals new policy for transferring reservations are for reservations that have been created after October 18, 2010. Please be advised that the reservation must be transferred prior to final payment due date. For further information, please contact a Certified Vacation Planner at 1-800-205-9812 and a representative will be happy to assist you.

Bumping this just to add that I did finally get an email from RCCL and they did confirm what others have said about the Oct. 18th cut-off.

I wanted to have my own written confirmation for when I do eventually transfer my booking. I barely made the cut-off date.

Here is the confirmation for anyone else who needs things triple confirmed like me. :)

Thank you for your email. We apologize for the delay in our response.

Please be advised that you are able to transfer your reservation over to a travel agency. Royal Caribbean Internationals new policy for transferring reservations are for reservations that have been created after October 18, 2010. Please be advised that the reservation must be transferred prior to final payment due date. For further information, please contact a Certified Vacation Planner at 1-800-205-9812 and a representative will be happy to assist you.

Thanks for posting. I could never get them to confirm anything when I asked several weeks ago. They did state my reservation had been marked to reflect your information. I have copied your email for further support.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Sorry, but have to ask:

If a cruise was booked prior to Oct 18, 2010, and you then add a Choice air flight, what happens if you want to transfer the booking to a TA?

In other words, is there an effective date that the Choice Air exclusion was added as a restriction to transfer a booking to a TA?

Sorry if this has been answered before, but I'm going a little blurry-eyed at this point......

Thanks,

TnT

I know this is an older thread but I just learned today that my open NC certificate that I bought in Dec must be transfered to a TA within 60 days of the booking be generated. The C&A person I spoke to today said that it is not when I choose my cruise and apply it to my open booking ID but the date the booking was made while I was on board the ship last month. I am really confused by all this but hopefully this info will help someone out there.

I know this is an older thread but I just learned today that my open NC certificate that I bought in Dec must be transfered to a TA within 60 days of the booking be generated. The C&A person I spoke to today said that it is not when I choose my cruise and apply it to my open booking ID but the date the booking was made while I was on board the ship last month. I am really confused by all this but hopefully this info will help someone out there.

I'm confused too!!! I was told that the 60 days starts when you take an open NC certificate and make it a "real" cruise. Is this a situation where you get a different answer depending on who you talk to? I sure hope so and will call C&A tomorrow.

Sorry, but have to ask:

If a cruise was booked prior to Oct 18, 2010, and you then add a Choice air flight, what happens if you want to transfer the booking to a TA?

In other words, is there an effective date that the Choice Air exclusion was added as a restriction to transfer a booking to a TA?

Sorry if this has been answered before, but I'm going a little blurry-eyed at this point......

Thanks,

TnT

If it has cruise air attached it cannot be transfered at all.

I'm confused too!!! I was told that the 60 days starts when you take an open NC certificate and make it a "real" cruise. Is this a situation where you get a different answer depending on who you talk to? I sure hope so and will call C&A tomorrow.

Uggh! Let us know what they tell you. :confused:

Archived