Oasis - Awesome - My Picture Review

Aquahound

Thanks for the fantastic photo review. We sail in a little over 5 months. I know you said it did not feel crowded but do you know how full the ship was? We are sailing during spring break so I am concerned about crowds.

I was on the same cruise, the ship sailed full. And it didn't feel crowded except at the shows in the Promenade.

The only difference between this ship sailing full and yours at spring break is that there weren't a ton of kids. That will be the only difference in the crowds.

Thanks for the fantastic photo review. We sail in a little over 5 months. I know you said it did not feel crowded but do you know how full the ship was? We are sailing during spring break so I am concerned about crowds.

Regarding the "bag of beer", was that readily available on the first day? At all the bars? (I know there is a thread for this, but not specifically on the Oasis and rumors seem to vary ship to ship.)

Yes, it was. They were available at every bar....at least it seemed as thought hey were.

LOVED Richard Spacey! He is moving to the Allure - what a great cruise director. His mini movies that he showed before the shows and that played on the t.v. were really funny and I was thrilled he did the Evolution of Dance too for us.

I loved that "Limey Away" commercial he did.

Now that we've read your fantastic review with amazing pictures. could we see some of the rest of the photos?

I don't think you could take a bad picture, so would love to see more

Sure thing. Just click on any of the pictures I posted in this thread. It will open the whole album. Enjoy! :)

What a beautiful review! I have never sailed with RCI and wish we could afford to! How do you all do it?!

Is the Allure smaller than the Oasis?

You have been on at least two cruises.

I don't understand your question.

And the Allure and the Oasis, for all practical intents and purposes, are exactly the same size.

Great pictures! We get to see her for the December 4th sailing. Thanks for the review.

Have you joined us over on the roll call? Come on over and say "Hey".

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=969466

Hmmm, maybe it's time to install security cameras and put that facial recognition technology to some good use.

My thoughts exactly.

OH My! I had to call in Big Daddy to show him the Belly Flop photos. He's an 8 time gold champion, retiring he said, after our last cruise on the Voyager in March...but now, Aqua Theatre, cameras....I'm thinking he might come out of retirement!!

My friends and I were on the Voyager in March with y'all! We saw Big Daddy in the belly flop....he was great! :)

What a beautiful review! I have never sailed with RCI and wish we could afford to! How do you all do it?!

Is the Allure smaller than the Oasis?

I have been living vicariously through your pictures Aquahound. Thanks for taking the time to post all those beautiful photos, so many have enjoyed.

ChaylaT, If you look at my signature, you will see that I am sailing next year in September. We waited to sail until after the Allure came out and at a time when school will be in session so we got real good rates. We have planned almost two years in advance and my sister who is a part time TA put a group together. We only had to come up with $150.00 deposit and we make monthly payments to the travel agency. It is so much easier this way to pay for a cruise then trying to come up with a lump sum all at once. Our cost for this cruise is no more then for any other cruise we have ever been on.

I was on the same cruise, the ship sailed full. And it didn't feel crowded except at the shows in the Promenade.

The only difference between this ship sailing full and yours at spring break is that there weren't a ton of kids. That will be the only difference in the crowds.

We were on this cruise as well....your pics Paul are just awesome....we just arrived home and I can't wait to go thru mine there are about 3,000+!!

Willysgrandma, were you with the group that stayed at the Hampton...we were there with a group of 16 from CA.

We loved not having many kids on this cruise made it so enjoyable.

Thanks for the AMAZING pictorial review. Recently, my wife and I have been encouraged by our cruising friends to give it a try. We are looking to plan a trip for sometime next year (with those same encouraging friends). I am curious, would you recommend the Oasis or her sister the Allure to a 1st timer?

Day 6 was the second formal night. DW had the lobster and I had the Rib. Once again, great meals with no complaints.

Did you order 2 lobster tails or did yours come that way? We only got one and that was enough. Probably the only item that I would have to say was not good in the MDR. The filet served the other night was so tender you could cut it with a knife.

It does take a while. Even 3 or 4 days in to it, I was still getting turned around. It's really easy to do in the Promenade. It took me a couple days to realize the car faces forward.

I really don't know for sure, but my guess would be together. I believe the albums go by room.

Thanks. I guess we would all agree that either way is a HUGE improvement!

I'm loving your review and pictures. Thanks for going to all this work. Although I have a good bit of exciting travel before we get on the Oasis, I am really looking forward to that trip.

Kathy

I am going to be honest with you, your review has got to be one of the best ones that I have ever read with a close tie to trainman’s & Bionicman, so much that I am now considering the Oasis or the Allure for me and my soon to be 5 yr old. What that means, is that for 2012 I am now willing to jump Disney’s new Fantasy for one of RCCL’s mega ships. I would love to sail sooner but we are already booked for DCL’s new mega ship the Dream for 2011. Your detail report assured me that we will have a blast and not only that, I am sure that RCCL will be cheaper than DCL. I am anxiously awaiting the Allure and will be looking to book real soon! I really feel that you and your wife should get a complimentary cruise because of this visual and honest report. Many like myself were hesitant aboutvcruising on such an enormous ship but, you laid all the skepticism to rest,your trip report will cause many to want to sail on the Oasis or Allure! Thanks again:D

I am curious, would you recommend the Oasis or her sister the Allure to a 1st timer?

That's a good question. I think I would. It does help to know the ins and outs of cruising when dealing with this ship....meaning dinner times, show reservations, etc. However, that said, a first time cruiser would certainly be so "wowed" by this ship, they would certainly want to do it again.

Did you order 2 lobster tails or did yours come that way?

She ordered 2.

I am going to be honest with you, your review has got to be one of the best ones that I have ever read with a close tie to trainman’s, so much that I am now considering the Oasis or the Allure for me and my soon to be 5 yr old.

Wow. Thank you very much. To be honest, a lot of my motivation to write this review with pictures was to address the pre-conceived ideas many people had this ship is just too big with too many people. I'll admit I was a little skeptical myself. That idea could not be any more wrong. My pictures don't lie. Other than the events that cause crowds on any ship, you can see just how uncrowded all the venues are. Thanks again for the kudos. :)

Afterthoughts keep coming to me that I forgot to address in this review. For example, you can not access the bow on this ship. The track does go all the way around, but the bow is unaccessable. However, as a Diamond/D+ perk, you can go out there for sail away.

2706212350080150150S600x600Q85.jpg

That night, they played one of my favorite songs...."Tonight's Gonna Be a Good Night" by the Black Eyed Peas. Here is a short video I shot of them playing it. This will give you an idea of the energy of this place:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JobjC6mVNk4

Paul, that is my favorite song and Dazzles is my favorite lounge on Oasis. I just watched that video 3 times in a row. Welcome back. I'm glad to see you enjoyed the Oasis as much as I did. Fantastic review!

I loved the cantilevered hot tubs. They were built as forever pools where the water spills over the back. Oasis has a lot of hot tubs...2 cantileverd, 2 in the solarium, and several on the main pool deck. The cantileved tubs were never over crowded.

2011844090080150150S600x600Q85.jpg

2829289170080150150S600x600Q85.jpg

2681487320080150150S600x600Q85.jpg

Afterthoughts keep coming to me that I forgot to address in this review. For example, you can not access the bow on this ship. The track does go all the way around, but the bow is unaccessable. However, as a Diamond/D+ perk, you can go out there for sail away.

2706212350080150150S600x600Q85.jpg

WOW!!! That's fantastic! I hope they have the same perk in the Allure. Did you get an invitation when you first boarded?

Again, thank you for the wonderful pictures and information!

Paul, thank you for your fantastic review. Your pictures are truly amazing as well.

I am a closet NOOTS, but I think you have succeeded in drawing me out.:D

(Let me know if you get Rick to change his mind, too........he "owes" me a picture and a drink!!!!:D:D)

Archived