LIVE from the Sapphire Princess - Sydney to Los Angeles

Pia1913

Thanks for taking us on your trip; we will be in B227 in about 40 plus days.

One comment, sometimes we move the balcony chairs into the room at night to share our wine. When ready to retire, the chairs are moved back to the balcony.

Chuck

Are the chairs old enough to drink? And, more importantly, do they ever buy a round or are they just freeloading deadbeats?

First, the good news. It didn’t rain. Now, the bad news. We tried getting off the ship and almost got blown away. We weren’t even going to attempt to walk into town, and were going to take the $5 shuttle. The wind and bone chilling cold was so bad that we never attempted to walk the 300 ft. to the bus. Decided to just stay on board and try to keep warm. The sun that we saw at 8:00 AM disappeared by 8:30 and the temps dropped into maybe the low to mid 40’s. Brrrrrrrrrrrrr……………

So, we stayed aboard, played trivia, had lunch, and watched the game. Mike managed to watch most of a movie with Mel Gibson; What Women Want. Oops, almost forgot. I also squeezed in a mini nap. A nice lazy day.

LOL Rdsqrl. I didn't miss it either. :D

Time for afternoon trivia since there's nothing more to report.

Princess just posted some photos of the Sapphire Princess in Sydney on Flickr. Some great shots... I thought this was the best.

5124872014_f79fe03aa8_b.jpg

Panoramic View of Sapphire Princess & Sydney Opera House by Princess Cruises, on Flickr

Here's the link to the set... http://www.flickr.com/photos/princesscruises/sets/72157625263269458/with/5124872014/

Friday, October 29th and here we are back in Wellington. Twelve days ago it was cold and windy and raining. And then it was storming. This morning the weather is bright and sunny and around 50. However, Richard announced on the Wake Show that there’s a chance of rain, so our umbrella will accompany us into town.

Yesterday we able to use the few treadmills in the aerobics area, since the gym itself was closed. It seems a water pipe had burst and flooded the whole place. Today we can’t even use the aerobics room. The whole area is completely shut down for maintenance and an announcement said it might be for a few days.

Except for the movie Clash of the Titans, trivia and pictionary, there is nothing to do on board today for those choosing not to disembark in Wellington. Oh yes, game two of the World Series will be shown. Tonight there is a total repeat of last night’s entertainment; I.e. Shake Rattle and Roll and Danny McMaster. And thankfully the Vintage People went back to Explorer’s and got out of the Wheelhouse.

We’ll be walking into town again to see whatever we missed the last time when we spent all our hours in that wonderful Te Papa museum.

See you later.

Enjoy the day.....:):):)

Bob

Hi David, we are sailing on Sun P on Nov 8th, so are watching these threads closely... please warm it up a bit for us and we also are hoping to get into Milford. Looking forward to seeing your country again

Jackie

Good Saturday morning and we’re at sea on our way to Auckland. We rocked and rolled last night and are still wiggling today. The Captain said we would and he kept his promise. The gym remains closed; still drying out. The fitness programs have been moved to Fusion and 4 additional treadmills have been relocated into the aerobics room. Surprisingly, when we arrived this morning only 4 out of 10 were in use. Nice not to wait at all.

There are several lectures today as follows: “Cook’s Voyage through the South Seas”, “Profile of a Disaster”: The 2004 Sumatra Earthquake and Tsunami, and “Forensics & the CSI Factor”, which will cover the subject of what is fact or fiction on the CSI programs you watch on TV. The third one is our choice.

Also this afternoon is the movie “Date Night” and a wine tasting at 3:00 PM especially for the almost 400 Elites on board. Our

Roll Call is having a Halloween Party in the Wheelhouse at 4 and since we have a conflict, Halloween loses. We aren’t much for that sort of thing anyway.

Tonight FABBA is back; got awful reviews last cruise. No comment from me since we didn’t see them. Explorer’s has a classical concert with the Tea 4 Four String Quartet.

Time for breakfast.

We rocked and rolled last night and are still wiggling today. The Captain said we would and he kept his promise. The gym remains closed; still drying out.

Sounds like you don't need to worry about using the gym. Just lean against a wall and let the vibration melt away the whatever! :p:D

Barb

Pia, I'll be interested to hear if that lecturer on CSI touches on the Caruso Sunglass Effect. What's the C.S.E., you ask? It's my tentative hypothesis that there is a correlation between the number of times per episode Lieutenant Horatio Cane (as portrayed by my favourite almost-lifelike actor, David Caruso) significantly dons his sunglasses and the solution of each storyline. I eagerly await any knowledge you might glean on this important question.

Pia, I'll be interested to hear if that lecturer on CSI touches on the Caruso Sunglass Effect. What's the C.S.E., you ask? It's my tentative hypothesis that there is a correlation between the number of times per episode Lieutenant Horatio Cane (as portrayed by my favourite almost-lifelike actor, David Caruso) significantly dons his sunglasses and the solution of each storyline. I eagerly await any knowledge you might glean on this important question.

ROFLMAO.... You're a crackup Annie!

I have never watched one episode, so don't even have a clue about Caruso w/ or w/o sunglasses. In any event, no, it really wasn't a CSI lecture, but one that touched upon solving a real case and that of CSI managing to solve everything in less than an hour including commercials. :D

As for rocking knocking inches off..................hahahhahaha!!!! :)

HI GANG !!

to all on board, the PUB CRAWL will now begin in the OUTRIGGER BAR, deck 14 Aft at 2pm on November 2nd.

A few of you did not give me your cabin numbers so no invitation can be sent to you.

ALSO - the Tahitian Tea Party will have a new date......I'm waiting for confirmation from the Matre'D and will be either on the 10th or the 13th of November.

See ya soon. I'm off to the Halloween party.........

donna

Good Saturday morning and we’re at sea on our way to Auckland. We rocked and rolled last night and are still wiggling today. The Captain said we would and he kept his promise. The gym remains closed; still drying out. The fitness programs have been moved to Fusion and 4 additional treadmills have been relocated into the aerobics room. Surprisingly, when we arrived this morning only 4 out of 10 were in use. Nice not to wait at all.

There are several lectures today as follows: “Cook’s Voyage through the South Seas”, “Profile of a Disaster”: The 2004 Sumatra Earthquake and Tsunami, and “Forensics & the CSI Factor”, which will cover the subject of what is fact or fiction on the CSI programs you watch on TV. The third one is our choice.

Also this afternoon is the movie “Date Night” and a wine tasting at 3:00 PM especially for the almost 400 Elites on board. Our

Roll Call is having a Halloween Party in the Wheelhouse at 4 and since we have a conflict, Halloween loses. We aren’t much for that sort of thing anyway.

Tonight FABBA is back; got awful reviews last cruise. No comment from me since we didn’t see them. Explorer’s has a classical concert with the Tea 4 Four String Quartet.

Time for breakfast.

Pia;

Thanks for checking in. Hope you have a great time in Auckland.....:):):)

Bob

Good Morning and Happy Halloween from Auckland ,where at the moment it is cloudy and in the 50’s. The Auckland Marathon is in progress today, so we want to get off early just in case we have to segue to get to our destination. Destination is Kelly Tarlton’s Antarctic Encounter & Underwater World. I don’t know too much about it and I know it’s touristy, but it could be fun. Afterwards, I hope to find somewhere to get a pedi.

Today’s on board offerings are game 3 of the World Series and the movie Shutter Island. At 4:00 PM there will be a Maori folkloric show and since we’ve already seen it don’t need to see it again. The theater tonight has a magician, Lee Thompson and Explorer’s is having two showings of Shutter Island. There will also be a one hour Halloween Party in Club Fusion at 9:30 PM. This is basically a do-it-yourself day, since we have arrived early and don’t depart until 7:00 PM.

Up here in Horizon Court it’s pretty busy and there’s a Happy Halloween banner hanging above the buffet entrance. See you later.

So we got off the ship before nine, walked 2 blocks and caught the free shuttle to Kelly Tarlton’s. Because of the marathon, lots of streets were blocked, so instead of a 10 minute ride we ended up with free city tour that took 40 minutes. That poor driver was beside himself with all the detours he had to take, but he did get us there and gave us dissertation along the way. We were only 8; just like a private tour. What we saw: Huge stingrays with 6 ft. wingspans, moray eels and sharks. Also crayfish, octopus, piranhas and different seahorses. Best of all were the penguins; king and gentoo. We took a ride in a little car/train (somewhat like a Disney ride and narrated), which took us through a penguin colony and saw many many penguins at work, at play or at rest. We saw one sitting on an egg and saw newborn babies too. When we were ready to leave, the shuttle brought us back to ship area; this time it did take only 10 minutes. :)

We ended up in a mall where I found a place to have a pedi, walked around for a bit and bought nothing and then back to the ship. Very windy today. When we were here 16 days ago the weather was much nicer.

Some observations that you may or may not need to or want to know:

Halloween: The inside area of HC buffet is decorated with orange and black balloons as well as “cob webs.” Crooners Bar has all the decorations as well and the Atrium area on deck 5 has an entire Halloween display with coffins and skeletons and pumpkins and balloons.

Trident Grill: On the last cruise we got onion rings there; yummy. Yesterday I ordered some with my burger and was told that this cruise had no onion rings. When I inquired why, was told that the menu had changed. I asked what else had been removed and he said; “only onions rings.” :confused:

World Series: We had no TV satellite reception last night at all, but miraculously both CNN and ESPN are back today and the game shown as scheduled.

New Zealand Money: I have exactly 10 cents remaining.

Archived