Mariner Society Booking Discount

Aussiemick

Does HAL ever give a booking discount for Mariner Society members?

All of the internet booking sites I have visited ask for your past cruiser number but the prices are always the same if I enter my number or not. The HAL website doesn't seem to care either.

These sites also ask for your state and/or city where you live yet I have never seen a resident discount for west coast departures no matter what state I select.

Does HAL ever give a booking discount for Mariner Society members?
Recently I called both HAL & our TA for price quotes on a 2011 cruise. I was informed that certain cats on this sailing had special pricing "associated with my Mariner number". These prices were way better than published prices with HAL or group pricing with our TA.

we actually received a decent discount on our upcoming Ryndam cruise. When checking prices with 3 different online TA's I was told that I could have their price or the Mariner discount--not both. The Mariner discount was better and, since the online TA's rates were almost identical to HAL, we decided to book directly with HAL and we are very happy with that decision.

There is definitely something going on for Mariners. We booked an Eastern Carribbean for March 2011. We booked directly with HAL and we got a pretty good discount since we were Mariners. I also have been checking on the internet with a large online TA we have used in the past, and their price is not any better that HAL's at present, if we enter our Mariner Number to the site. If I omit the Mariner number, the HAL price is better.

Also, oddly enough, HAL's air price quoted to us was better than the Southwest current "Wanna Get Away" internet price from our home airport. so we chose to use HAL air service.

There is no Mariner discounts per say. There are always certain Mariners' recognition cruises offered at a 'special price' but that price is the same for everybody.

However, there is a Grand Mariner 3% discount. To qualify for that one, you must be a previous Grand Voyage cruiser. And becoming an official Grand Mariner, you get a 3% discount on the fare of your next cruise, but this applies on any other GRAND VOYAGE only. Attention, Grand Voyage does not mean long cruise, only certain cruises are qualified 'Grand Voyages'

Example, for the next World cruise, I received a 3% discount on the best available price. This price reduction was also added to the 3% early full payment discount I received because I paid the full balance of the cruise fare (6 months before the cruise). So, in the end, I received a total 6% discount as an ancient Grand Mariner making early full payment.

I am sure that the discount offered when you call HAL on a regular cruise would be available to everybody, no need to be a Mariner.

There is definitely something going on for Mariners. We booked an Eastern Carribbean for March 2011. We booked directly with HAL and we got a pretty good discount since we were Mariners. I also have been checking on the internet with a large online TA we have used in the past, and their price is not any better that HAL's at present, if we enter our Mariner Number to the site. If I omit the Mariner number, the HAL price is better.

Also, oddly enough, HAL's air price quoted to us was better than the Southwest current "Wanna Get Away" internet price from our home airport. so we chose to use HAL air service.

I can't speak to airline fares though I've used HAL air a couple of times, once when it was the same price and it was just easier to book the whole package through HAL and once when we waited so long to book a cruise that we couldn't get air on our own. As for Internet TA's, once again you can no longer see potential discounts by simply looking at their websites. Under the new rules they can only advertise HAL's published rates so they should be very close if not exactly the same as you'll see in a HAL brochure or on HAL's website. You must call or email an Internet TA to see if they have booked and blocked cabins that they can offer at a discounted rate. I've seen no Mariner discount that comes close to my typical 10-15% savings.

I've seen no Mariner discount that comes close to my typical 10-15% savings.
There is no Mariner discounts per say. There are always certain Mariners' recognition cruises offered at a 'special price' but that price is the same for everybody.

I am sure that the discount offered when you call HAL on a regular cruise would be available to everybody, no need to be a Mariner.

You guys may be right about this, I am kind of new to this game. But I will tell you that when I go to the HAL website and try to book a VC room on the March 12th Eurodam voyage to the Eastern Caribbean, I get one price when I do not enter my Mariner number; and I get a lower price if I do enter my Mariner number. The savings on the verrandah room I wanted was $260 per person, or about 20%.

I also checked two internet sites which have always given me the best prices in the past. One is at the same price as the HAL, and also had the price drop only if I entered my Mariner number. The other did not allow me to enter my Mariner number, and had a price in between the upper/lower HAL price. I priced all three for the exact same room number.

However, there is a Grand Mariner 3% discount. To qualify for that one, you must be a previous Grand Voyage cruiser. And becoming an official Grand Mariner, you get a 3% discount on the fare of your next cruise, but this applies on any other GRAND VOYAGE only. Attention, Grand Voyage does not mean long cruise, only certain cruises are qualified 'Grand Voyages'

Example, for the next World cruise, I received a 3% discount on the best available price. This price reduction was also added to the 3% early full payment discount I received because I paid the full balance of the cruise fare (6 months before the cruise). So, in the end, I received a total 6% discount as an ancient Grand Mariner making early full payment.

Louise,

Thank you for the information on future discounts on the Grand Cruises. I was wondering what it was. I booked the Grand World for 2012, so now I know what the discount might be in the future. There are a couple I might be interested in, in the future.

donna

You guys may be right about this, I am kind of new to this game. But I will tell you that when I go to the HAL website and try to book a VC room on the March 12th Eurodam voyage to the Eastern Caribbean, I get one price when I do not enter my Mariner number; and I get a lower price if I do enter my Mariner number. The savings on the verrandah room I wanted was $260 per person, or about 20%.

I also checked two internet sites which have always given me the best prices in the past. One is at the same price as the HAL, and also had the price drop only if I entered my Mariner number. The other did not allow me to enter my Mariner number, and had a price in between the upper/lower HAL price. I priced all three for the exact same room number.

Interesting. I just tried exactly the same thing and I get exactly the same price whether I use my Mariner number or not. A VC is showing at $1,229 without taxes and fees either way. I get no savings at all. If I go forward it adds the taxes and fees and the price is $1,321.29 per person and still no savings either way. Strange....

Interesting. I just tried exactly the same thing and I get exactly the same price whether I use my Mariner number or not. A VC is showing at $1,229 without taxes and fees either way. I get no savings at all. If I go forward it adds the taxes and fees and the price is $1,321.29 per person and still no savings either way. Strange....
That is very odd. The $1229 is exactly what I get when I leave my Mariner number out. If I do it with my number in, I get a drop to $969. I guess I should just count myself as fortunate. :o

Well, I double checked and I'm fully logged in and my Mariner number is showing and I still get the original number with no discount. I'm a 3-star, not exactly as high as many on CC but not a new Mariner either. This is actually bugging me a bit as I can't see that I'm doing anything wrong and the reservation is being populated with the information HAL has stored for me. Trust me, if I could consistently get your savings I'd booked directly with HAL without any hesitation. This effort notwithstanding I've been told by at least two PCC's at HAL there's no way they can match my TA's offers. Anyhow, still very strange we're seeing such different numbers. Did you book during a flash sale and that's the price that populates since that's what you booked at?

Randy, that is the actual class and cruise I do have already booked, but I was testing using a different room number. I am just a single star Mariner, having only taken one other trip on HAL.

I wish I could get maxout to book for me, as the best I got was $969 before taxes .

Well obviously there's something wrong or very weird about the HAL website. I'd call HAL just to test the system but I have a cruise booked in March and it would be my luck to mess that up. :) It doesn't make sense that some can see a difference and others can't....well "others" in this case being only me right now.

We're booked in an SC for our April 2011 sailing on Westerdam and did not see a discount when we applied our Mariner number. I will say, however, that when I'm going in and checking prices entering my Mariner number does make a difference for the SB and SA prices. Without my Mariner number the SB is $2499 and the SA is $2699. With the Mariner number the SB is $1799 and the SA is $1999. That seems like a nice savings to me.

I have been looking to book for next April- an inside cabin and everywhere I looked the price was $699 pp. I went on Holland's website and asked for a rep to contact me via e-mail. They did and the cruise we wanted was priced for a past-passenger/Mariner member at $549. This past weekend when I actually booked, they called me because the price was now $499.

I checked the other websites I had been looking on, and their price is still $699. I think if you contact Holland directly, you can get a deal!

Archived