Silhouette & Reflection Press release :)

FIRELT5

Strange that they have not added a T pool:rolleyes:

Where would you put the T-Pool? Do you mean upgrade the Solarium Pool to have those roller lounge thingy's? I believe that's about the only difference between the current Solarium Pool and the Mille T Pool (and honest, I don't like those things, but that's just me).

Where would you put the T-Pool? Do you mean upgrade the Solarium Pool to have those roller lounge thingy's? I believe that's about the only difference between the current Solarium Pool and the Mille T Pool (and honest, I don't like those things, but that's just me).

Evolution! The M class T pools, with rollers & pressure sprays are not real T pools as such although they are very nice. The one on Mercury was a true T (therapy) pool.. The water had added minerals that really help with aches & pains & also invigorated.. the water is heated to the correct temp & there are many stations to circulate to for various water therapies (sprays etc).

They used to give a free time slot if you took a spa session & you could buy a pass to use the pool area, saunas & sit in the lovely sanctuary area.. Long gone! They removed it on Century & put in a barber shop...

Nicest one we have used so far is on QM2 in the Canyon ranch spa area--great T pool, hot tub & sauna & steam area....really wonderful.. can't wait to try the one on Princess..

On S class, they only offer an indoor pool--lovely but not a spa T pool.. they could have found a spot for it just like they found room for other things..The fact that they have a spa class accomodation without such a pool is odd!

Evolution! The M class T pools, with rollers & pressure sprays are not real T pools as such although they are very nice. The one on Mercury was a true T (therapy) pool.. The water had added minerals that really help with aches & pains & also invigorated.. the water is heated to the correct temp & there are many stations to circulate to for various water therapies (sprays etc).

They used to give a free time slot if you took a spa session & you could buy a pass to use the pool area, saunas & sit in the lovely sanctuary area.. Long gone! They removed it on Century & put in a barber shop...

Nicest one we have used so far is on QM2 in the Canyon ranch spa area--great T pool, hot tub & sauna & steam area....really wonderful.. can't wait to try the one on Princess..

On S class, they only offer an indoor pool--lovely but not a spa T pool.. they could have found a spot for it just like they found room for other things..The fact that they have a spa class accomodation without such a pool is odd!

Ok, I have never sailed on the Mercury (and only on Century after the retrofit I guess). Maybe the Persian Gardens with the relaxation rooms and the Tiled loungers are supposed to replace the T-Pool - that is just a guess. An additional Pool would be hard to fit in, mainly because it used at least 2 decks worth of space. No place in the Lawn area because that would cut into the Buffet area and no place up because that would cut into the Bridge and Staff Officers quarters (can't expect the officers to live down in the belly of the ship)

Maybe a retrofit of 1 or 2 Hot-tubs into some sort of Mineral Pool thing???

Exactly. From what I've observed Michaels on the S Class ships are grossly underused. I think this mostly has to do with the out of the way location, but to make it more of a destination bar, something unique to the ship had to go in.

Exactly how we feel about Michael's on the "S" class. It's always been our favorite lounge on the "M" class but on Solstice & Eclipse just didn't warm up to it at all and both piano players were frankly dull. I'm happyto see this change too on these ships!! And the other changes too....makes me all the more excited about our Silhouette 9/15/11 cruise!!:D

Just cannot believe how much Celebrity tries to cash in once you are onboard - we recently sailed on Constellation (beautiful ship) but were little taken aback at the cost to do anything once on board - Bingo the biggest culprit - $30 per game lasting two minutes!!! It was shocking, the spa prices left me needing a stiff (expensive) drink too! So now they want to charge to SIT SOMEWHERE?!!! perlease!.

This is just greediness gone mad. I love Celebrity but will be thinking twice before I cruise again with them.

Is anyone concerned that Reflection will have an additional 72 staterooms (conceivably 144 more passengers) but has only 40 extra seats in the dining room and 45 extra seats in the theater? I realize that not all of the additional passengers may need to be accommodated in those two venues at any given time, but doesn't the overall passenger/space ratio suffer with this change. 144 + extra passengers in 4000 additional GRT doesn't work out to a great PSR.

I'm curious about the Aqua class sky suites. I like the Aqua class rooms, but having the same service added to a sky suite is really attractive. However, when I checked the January 2012 sailings, I did not see it as a room option. When I called Celebrity, they had no idea what I was talking about despite me directing them to an article in USA Today talking about these rooms. The Celebrity representative was under the impression that the Aqua class sky suites are in the ship after the Silhouette. Has anyone found any additional information about these types of rooms?

Thanks

As a big fan of Celebrity in the past --we were on Solstice and it was a lovely ship, but we were not overly impressed with the practicality of the ship.

As HCAT stated - adding more cabins and fee generating areas - hum...

Some of the issues we hoped would be dealt with --

Main dining room was too small to begin with - needed to be larger - we changed table as the upstairs was like eating in an army mess hall; cabin space not utilized as well as "M" class ships; pool areas tiny (with unnecessary kiddy area) and no "T" pool and indoor pool was small as well; safe in room near floor - had to crawl on my hands and knees to get valuables; 5 drawers in balcony cabin -had to stand on bed to get shirts and as one previously woman stated -- she had nice warm underwear from using the refigerator as a storage area; closet space blocked by enormous sofa in balcony cabin....

If possible, we will stick with the "M" class ships....

Just cannot believe how much Celebrity tries to cash in once you are onboard - we recently sailed on Constellation (beautiful ship) but were little taken aback at the cost to do anything once on board - Bingo the biggest culprit - $30 per game lasting two minutes!!! It was shocking, the spa prices left me needing a stiff (expensive) drink too! So now they want to charge to SIT SOMEWHERE?!!! perlease!.

This is just greediness gone mad. I love Celebrity but will be thinking twice before I cruise again with them.

Try a cruise on NCL, they are selling things from the moment you get on to the minute you get off. You can't even compare Celebrity to NCL, Celebrity is tame...

I'm excited to see that they really will be doing something different with these two ships!

I wonder what the additional deck will do to the Reflection's profile, though...

Hopefully it won't look like the new NCL ship where the top thing just sits there...

Archived