Let me Serenade You - the 12/11-18 Review with Too Many Pictures

subtchr

OMG......JUST AMAZING PHOTO'S!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you, subtchr......a fabulous review with THE best photo's I've ever seen on a review....you are very talented. The hikes to the waterfalls and mineral springs afforded you some awesome picture's! Thanks again for taking us on a couch cruise with your review! :D

I found a couple pics I had not yet uploaded of disembarkation, and I thought some might be interested.

Who am I kidding, by this point you know me - no photo goes unposted! (Not really true, if I would have posted ALL I took, this thread would be 700 pages long...)

The luggage/customs area:

8735c3a9.jpg

c6926fb5.jpg

Outside the terminal, taxis and other transport ready and waiting:

cc92795b.jpg

67e4f1a6.jpg

And one funny/annoying story I forgot to tell...

Our first two cruises we had inside cabins and were perfectly content, then for our Bermuda cruise we splurged on a balcony. Oh, my, so nice. As you know, we got the JS this time because there were 3 of us, and it was wonderful. Anyway, the main issue some people seem to have with balconies is neighbors' smoking. No problems for us last cruise, but this time, it wasn't your run-of-the-mill cigarette smoke, it was POT. Someone, somewhere below us we think, was tokin'. No doubt about it - we went to high school and college in the seventies, you know - and at some point every day, they were "enhancing" their cruise experience. It didn't bother me much, but it drove DH inside, which was a shame, because he loves to sit on the balcony and read. It won't stop us from getting another balcony, but I thought it was worth mentioning...

I hope everyone has a warm and wonderful Christmas with family and friends!

Sue

I must add my comments to everyone else's. Fabulous review, awesome pics. I actually felt I was on that cruise with you. Thank you for sharing that with us. The more I read about the Radiance class of ships the more I want to cruise on one some day soon.

BTW, starting dinner here late because of the time I spent reading your review. It was time well spent :D

What a great review and wonderful pics :)

DH and I had wanted so much to cruise on 'Serenade' with our adopted family member. He is Christopher and is the drummer with the Caribbean band "Hot Spices'...did you see them? He lives in Grenada so was able to see his family when 'Serenade' called in there.

With many thanks, we feel as though we have been on the cruise with him :)

This was an AWESOME review! I loved all of your pictures. I have only cruised Carnival and decided to come lurk on the Royal Caribbean boards for some good reviews and to see what a RC cruise is like. Your review is the first RC one I have had the chance to read. The Serenade is a beautiful ship. Hopefully I will get to take a RC cruise in the future. Thanks for taking me along on your journey with you!

Sue - Thank you..thank you...for the awesome trip you took us all on. After spending so long reading & following your travels I feel I know you and your DH & gorgeous DD. Anyway, decided you would be a great friend to have as we seem to have many things in common.

I have been following many live reports the past few months (love Radio) plus followed the Crystal trip thru' the Panama...have checked everything from Carnival to Crystal, but it looks like Royal Carib. will be our fit.

DH and I are in Saskatchewan, Canada, and up to our hips in snow. We have never been on a cruise. I have an ache to go, but DH doesn't like heights, I couldn't convince him, however.......showed him your Bermuda Video tour (GREAT music) He perked up re cruising, so Sue, my question is....do you plan a video slide show of your latest cruise? That seems to be my best way to connect DH with the joy of cruising, he is a bit computer challenged but your Bermuda thing I sat him down, said..'watch this' which he did, didn't have to touch the mouse. Sigh.

Once again, thanks so much for your awesome pictures (funny, I was looking at the little Sony you use last month as I loved the panoramic feature)

Donna

What a great review and wonderful pics :)

DH and I had wanted so much to cruise on 'Serenade' with our adopted family member. He is Christopher and is the drummer with the Caribbean band "Hot Spices'...did you see them? He lives in Grenada so was able to see his family when 'Serenade' called in there.

With many thanks, we feel as though we have been on the cruise with him :)

You are very welcome! We really enjoyed "Hot Spices"! They played almost every day by the pool. Sorry I didn't get any photos.

Thank you for the wonderful review and pictures. I loved them so much I bought the Sony camera as an after-Christmas present to myself last night! Can't wait to get it and use it in two weeks on the Serenade!!:cool:

You will love the camera AND the Serenade!

Sue - Thank you..thank you...for the awesome trip you took us all on. After spending so long reading & following your travels I feel I know you and your DH & gorgeous DD. Anyway, decided you would be a great friend to have as we seem to have many things in common.

I have been following many live reports the past few months (love Radio) plus followed the Crystal trip thru' the Panama...have checked everything from Carnival to Crystal, but it looks like Royal Carib. will be our fit.

DH and I are in Saskatchewan, Canada, and up to our hips in snow. We have never been on a cruise. I have an ache to go, but DH doesn't like heights, I couldn't convince him, however.......showed him your Bermuda Video tour (GREAT music) He perked up re cruising, so Sue, my question is....do you plan a video slide show of your latest cruise? That seems to be my best way to connect DH with the joy of cruising, he is a bit computer challenged but your Bermuda thing I sat him down, said..'watch this' which he did, didn't have to touch the mouse. Sigh.

Once again, thanks so much for your awesome pictures (funny, I was looking at the little Sony you use last month as I loved the panoramic feature)

Donna

Donna, thanks for such a sweet note! We love travel in general and cruising in particular because it is such a great escape from the everyday. Seeing new things, being able to enjoy a beautiful ship, talking with fellow cruisers and workers to hear new perspectives, and just spending time together.

I am definitely working on a slideshow for this cruise. I will post when it is finished, I promise!

Sue

Thank you SO much for this awesome review and pictures. I was having second, third and fourth thoughts about Serenade ( cruising in June) but you have got me ( let me quote my tweens..) "Totally STOKED!!"

Thank you and HAPPY , HEALTHY NEW YEAR!!!

... We really enjoyed "Hot Spices"! They played almost every day by the pool. Sorry I didn't get any photos. ...

Since there was actually something that you didn't get a photo of, I say that is reason enough to go back and take the cruise again. Why not come along and join us in April. :D

BTW, about how many total photos did you take on the trip?

Jack

Sue - Woo Hoo...looking forward to your video slideshow of your last trip, as is my DH. As the land-locked prairie people we are you have no idea how much we love following cruises. I read every word of your trip with photos, but as I told you, DH only did the video slideshow. His loss.

Next week when the dust settles from the holidays I will stop in to see our travel agent & pick up some info. the RC website seems a bit of a pain, very slow.

Once again thanks so much for the time and effort you put into allowing us to follow you over the sea and back.

Donna

Thanks so much for taking the time to post the review with all those amazing pictures. You are very talented.

I especially loved the solarium. We are new to RCCL. Is that open to everyone?

Thanks again,

Bella

ps I hope I am always booked on the same cruise ship after you. They should hire you to write reviews.

Since there was actually something that you didn't get a photo of, I say that is reason enough to go back and take the cruise again. Why not come along and join us in April. :D

Sounds like a plan, Jack!

BTW, about how many total photos did you take on the trip?

Jack

Well, I have about 1400 on my computer. That is after deleting any really bad ones...oh, how I love digital photography!

It is open to anyone over the age of 18.

Actually, the Solarium is open to 16 and older. We did not have a problem with kids coming in, but then there were not many kids on the cruise at all.

Happy New Year to everyone - working on the slideshow, I promise!

Sue

What a great review and fabulous pictures.

We will sail the Serenade in Dec. 2011 on a B2B. A review like yours is

a pleasure to see with all those pictures. There is never too many to see.

I hope you do not mind that I posted the link to your review on

my Roll Call where there are others like myself who have never sailed on

the Serenade.

Great job, thank you. ;)

Archived