Thermal Suite & Laundry room

bec funky

We sailed the Oasis in Jan. This class of ship only has the couples thermal suite in the spa area of the ship. It has a daily fee or you may purchase a weekly pass. It is co-ed. There are no saunas or steam rooms in the spa area for either sex as on other ships.

Agreeing with the other other post, there are no laundry facilities and do not bring your iron like we saw someone doing this month on the Voyager; that's a No NO. You can send clothes to be cleaned or a bag of laundry.

Thanks good to know! On Princess ships we had a laundry room with irons. I really don't want to do laundry anyway. I love using the thermal suite each day due to my allergies. So I am budgeting that cost in for me. I also just read another thread that said there we're 3 types of steam rooms and 4 loungers. Is that correct?

Edited by bec funky

The Thermal Suite on the Allure Costs $175.00 for the week. It consists of the warm beeds (too hot for me, used towels so not to get burned). Two stearm Rooms one regular one with scent and a hot sauna. It is accessible with an elevator and staff will assist you a bit if required. (I use a scooter so it is big enough in that way. I was on the Maiden voyage.

R Judy, yes it doesbecome a replacement as far as I know. On Celebrity i understand they now have the "Persian Gardens or something" which is the thermal room and other water deals that they charge extra for or you book aqua class and have access along with special restaurant. But, i hear they have a small sauna in the changing rooms on those ships and they did not include any sauna/steam in changing rooms of Genesis class.. very disappointing..

I do not think that Princess has gone to the CHARGE for steam/sauna as of yet.

• 2 years later...
We sailed the Oasis in Jan. This class of ship only has the couples thermal suite in the spa area of the ship. It has a daily fee or you may purchase a weekly pass. It is co-ed. There are no saunas or steam rooms in the spa area for either sex as on other ships.

Radiance Class, and specifically the Radiance, has a thermal suite. We booked it on our Alaskan cruise. It had 2 steams rooms (one of which NEVER worked the entire voyage) and 2 shower rooms. The sauna was separate and it was open to everyone on the ship.

It was wonderful to come back from port and head down for an hour in the chair gazing at Alaska. The chairs were either too hot (OW!) or too cold (brrr) but we found as the week went on which ones worked to our liking and usually only had 2-3 other people in there at one time

How much is that for a day pass(for Single or for Couple)?

$30 per person per day. $99 per person for the week. If I'm remembering correctly, they had a $149 per couple price for the week that was supposedly limited in availability. They were offering these per-week prices on the Royal Promenade near Sorrento's (on Allure of the Seas).

Can the pass be purchased in advance?

I don't believe so. I think they can only be purchased onboard.

You can only purchase these once on board. I loved the Allure/Oasis steam room but i so so loved the Persian Gardens on the Summit. So much more choice but I enjoyed the relaxation area the Allure/Oasis offer also.

Use towels when using these thermal beds as they can get very very hot...

ohhhhhh to be sitting in there right now......

And please...everyone...leave the illegal irons and steamers at home....I don't want my cruise ruined due to a fire....while I use a flat iron...it doesn't come with me on the cruise either....I can see people leaving them on by accident and I shutter to think about all the people who aren't paying attention at muster if an accident did occur due to someone "forgetting" to turn something off...

I just got off of the Allure yesterday, so sad it's over :(. On sailaway day I decided to tour the spa. The Thermal Suite on Allure consists of 3 steam rooms: 1 was an aromatherapy steam room (my favorite), 1 dry heat room (like Arizona, a dry heat and took some getting used to), 1 regular steam room; as well as 4 thermal chairs and 2 rain forest showers. The showers had buttons you could push to give a thunderstorm effect (lighting & heavy rain downfall) and waterfall effect.

The price offered on sailaway day was $99 for the week for an individual or $179 for a couple. You could also pay by the day for $30/day. Some spa treatments also included use of the thermal suite for the day. DH was not interested, so I purchased the individual for $99. Of course, I had to promise DH that I would use it every day to get the most bang for my buck.

Wear your swim suit and take flip flops. When you check in at the spa desk, they will give you a key for a locker in the changing room as well as a robe and a pair of very uncomfortable slippers if you don't bring your own. Sometimes I wore my swim suit under a coverup and sometimes I wore regular clothes and changed into the swim suit, which allowed me to change back into regular clothes rather than walk around with wet clothes with swim suit underneath.

My first visit, the spa rep walked me in and explained how to get the best experience. Take water in with you as it is important to stay hydrated during your visit. Visit the rooms in order of right to left (aromatherapy, dry, regular steam). After visiting the first room (10-15 minutes), step into the rain forest shower for a few minutes (I guess to cool down a bit??), then dry off with towel and lay on the thermal chair 10-15 minutes. Repeat the process moving on to the 2nd steam room (dry heat), shower, chair, and then move on to the 3rd steam room, shower, chair. That process took me about 1 1/2 hours. There is no clock in the suite, as time is irrelevant during ultimate relaxation. Keep this in mind if you have show or dinner reservations and if you are crunched for time.

Sometimes I skipped the shower in between each steam room, but always found it the best experience to go to the thermal chairs after visiting each steam room. I went at various times each day, trying to find the best time with low amount of traffic. I found that first thing in the morning (between 8-10am) to be the best fit for me as there were not many others using the suite at that time. End of the day might seem like the best time, but that's when everyone else wants to go too. There's also relaxing zen-like music playing in the suite, which is great until some chatty people walk in and start conversations. I liked it best when all was quiet but I guess others view it as social hour.

Some info on the thermal chairs. They don't seem hot at first, but lay on a towel because you will get toasty buns & legs if you don't have a towel underneath and if you lay there for an extended period of time.

I liked to use 3 towels on the chair: 1 underneath me, 1 rolled into a pillow for under my head/neck, and one rolled into a pillow under my feet. I also used one of those same towels to dry off after each shower. After I finished with chair time, I hung 2 of those towels on a wall hook and took the 3rd towel into the steam room. The dry heat room's benches were hot to me, so sitting on a towel helped me avoid toasty buns.

Be courteous when you exit the thermal chair, you should remove your towel and not leave it on the chair in order to attempt to "save" it until you are ready for it again after visiting the steam room. It's not fair for others who are ready for the chair at that moment. My first visit two of the chairs were "saved" for 15-20 minutes at a time but when there are others present, it is rude to do that. After that first visit, I did not hesitate to remove the towels and take the chair. Sorry if that seems rude, but I paid good money for the suite just like everyone else and I wasn't about to let someone suck up that chair as if it is personally reserved for only their use.

There were times that being in the suite was not relaxing, like when too many people were in there and having only 4 chairs is obviously not enough for everyone at the same time. But for the majority of my visits it was a wonderfully relaxing experience.

I would recommend the thermal suite, if you can swing the expense and commit to going at least once per day. I would have loved to go once in the morning and once in the evening, but just wasn't able to make that work for my schedule. The spa opens at 8am everyday and most nights it stays open until 10pm, but there are a few days it closes at 8pm. Check the daily compass for hours.

Enjoy :)

Kim

:)

I just got off of the Allure yesterday, so sad it's over :(. On sailaway day I decided to tour the spa. The Thermal Suite on Allure consists of 3 steam rooms: 1 was an aromatherapy steam room (my favorite), 1 dry heat room (like Arizona, a dry heat and took some getting used to), 1 regular steam room; as well as 4 thermal chairs and 2 rain forest showers. The showers had buttons you could push to give a thunderstorm effect (lighting & heavy rain downfall) and waterfall effect.

The price offered on sailaway day was $99 for the week for an individual or $179 for a couple. You could also pay by the day for $30/day. Some spa treatments also included use of the thermal suite for the day. DH was not interested, so I purchased the individual for $99. Of course, I had to promise DH that I would use it every day to get the most bang for my buck.

Wear your swim suit and take flip flops. When you check in at the spa desk, they will give you a key for a locker in the changing room as well as a robe and a pair of very uncomfortable slippers if you don't bring your own. Sometimes I wore my swim suit under a coverup and sometimes I wore regular clothes and changed into the swim suit, which allowed me to change back into regular clothes rather than walk around with wet clothes with swim suit underneath.

My first visit, the spa rep walked me in and explained how to get the best experience. Take water in with you as it is important to stay hydrated during your visit. Visit the rooms in order of right to left (aromatherapy, dry, regular steam). After visiting the first room (10-15 minutes), step into the rain forest shower for a few minutes (I guess to cool down a bit??), then dry off with towel and lay on the thermal chair 10-15 minutes. Repeat the process moving on to the 2nd steam room (dry heat), shower, chair, and then move on to the 3rd steam room, shower, chair. That process took me about 1 1/2 hours. There is no clock in the suite, as time is irrelevant during ultimate relaxation. Keep this in mind if you have show or dinner reservations and if you are crunched for time.

Sometimes I skipped the shower in between each steam room, but always found it the best experience to go to the thermal chairs after visiting each steam room. I went at various times each day, trying to find the best time with low amount of traffic. I found that first thing in the morning (between 8-10am) to be the best fit for me as there were not many others using the suite at that time. End of the day might seem like the best time, but that's when everyone else wants to go too. There's also relaxing zen-like music playing in the suite, which is great until some chatty people walk in and start conversations. I liked it best when all was quiet but I guess others view it as social hour.

Some info on the thermal chairs. They don't seem hot at first, but lay on a towel because you will get toasty buns & legs if you don't have a towel underneath and if you lay there for an extended period of time.

I liked to use 3 towels on the chair: 1 underneath me, 1 rolled into a pillow for under my head/neck, and one rolled into a pillow under my feet. I also used one of those same towels to dry off after each shower. After I finished with chair time, I hung 2 of those towels on a wall hook and took the 3rd towel into the steam room. The dry heat room's benches were hot to me, so sitting on a towel helped me avoid toasty buns.

Be courteous when you exit the thermal chair, you should remove your towel and not leave it on the chair in order to attempt to "save" it until you are ready for it again after visiting the steam room. It's not fair for others who are ready for the chair at that moment. My first visit two of the chairs were "saved" for 15-20 minutes at a time but when there are others present, it is rude to do that. After that first visit, I did not hesitate to remove the towels and take the chair. Sorry if that seems rude, but I paid good money for the suite just like everyone else and I wasn't about to let someone suck up that chair as if it is personally reserved for only their use.

There were times that being in the suite was not relaxing, like when too many people were in there and having only 4 chairs is obviously not enough for everyone at the same time. But for the majority of my visits it was a wonderfully relaxing experience.

I would recommend the thermal suite, if you can swing the expense and commit to going at least once per day. I would have loved to go once in the morning and once in the evening, but just wasn't able to make that work for my schedule. The spa opens at 8am everyday and most nights it stays open until 10pm, but there are a few days it closes at 8pm. Check the daily compass for hours.

Kim

Thanks to you for the very detailed information. It is so kind of you.

I shall also thank others providing great info about the thermal suite. The info here is definitely more than anywhere on the internet, not to say RCI's site.:)

Is there a C&A discount coupon for the Allure Thermal Suite week-long package? Or is $99 the best price?

We did not see a C&A discount (platinum). Best price is the couples rate, if you are coupled, $179 for the week for two, plus gratuity. We went right to the main desk in the spa and arranged it there right after we boarded.

Kim & Billy provided some excellent info, and I agree, you need to make a point of going at least once every day to make it worthwhile. I also agree it's best when the area is quiet. On this cruise, there were several groups who would come in and make all kinds of noise moving around, carrying on loud conversations, and at one point, spending nearly 10 minutes taking flash pictures of each other in the thermal rooms and on the lounges!!! :eek:

I'm glad our next cruise will be back to Voyager class with its larger, separate facilities that we don't have to pay extra for.

Edited by CntPAcruiser

• 1 month later...

Kim

Great Information!!!