Drink Packages?

Canuckdoc

I've noticed on the Azamara Web site that there is a drink package - but no details/pricing etc.

I realize that Azamara is a subsidiary if Celebrity and the 2 websites came off the same shelf...is the drink Package just something that was supposed to be removed when they made the site?

I know that there is wine at lunch at dinner, but I might be interesting in the drink package.

I did the premium package on Celebrity and whether or not I "broke even"

I found that it really enhanced the whole experience not having to worry about the bar bill...

Does anyone know if there truly is a drink package on Azamara?

I've noticed on the Azamara Web site that there is a drink package - but no details/pricing etc.

I realize that Azamara is a subsidiary if Celebrity and the 2 websites came off the same shelf...is the drink Package just something that was supposed to be removed when they made the site?

I know that there is wine at lunch at dinner, but I might be interesting in the drink package.

I did the premium package on Celebrity and whether or not I "broke even"

I found that it really enhanced the whole experience not having to worry about the bar bill...

Does anyone know if there truly is a drink package on Azamara?

....last week. I was rechecking everything on their site since we will be cruising with them at the end of this week. I called them up because like you, I found a link about a beverage package but every time I clicked on it I got nowhere.

They said that it is something they are working on 'for the future' and had no further details about when it would start or how much it would cost.

I actually thought it abit annoying that it was on their website since you could not get it.

We were on the Journey in Dec for 12 glorious days in the Caribbean. We talked with the Sommelier on day two and found out they have a half price drinks package.

Every night they have two wines that are on the menu at half price. The package allows you to pick from the list of these wines and pay in advance for 3 (or more although I can't vouch for that) and have the half price wines you selected on any night as opposed to the nights that they are available on the menu.

We found they had a Jaffurs Shiraz on the half price list and it was on a night we had dinner with new found friends. What a great deal and what a special wine (one of my DW's favs that we found on an anniversary dinner at a great restaurant in Toronto (Avalon) - sadly it is no longer open as the chef moved on).

It is definitely a great deal and worth asking about. Also, ask if they have a Connoisseur Dinner. It costs but it is well worth it if you are a foodie and really appreciate food and wine pairings.

NtStiRReD

We were on the Journey in Dec for 12 glorious days in the Caribbean. We talked with the Sommelier on day two and found out they have a half price drinks package.

Every night they have two wines that are on the menu at half price. The package allows you to pick from the list of these wines and pay in advance for 3 (or more although I can't vouch for that) and have the half price wines you selected on any night as opposed to the nights that they are available on the menu.

We found they had a Jaffurs Shiraz on the half price list and it was on a night we had dinner with new found friends. What a great deal and what a special wine (one of my DW's favs that we found on an anniversary dinner at a great restaurant in Toronto (Avalon) - sadly it is no longer open as the chef moved on).

It is definitely a great deal and worth asking about. Also, ask if they have a Connoisseur Dinner. It costs but it is well worth it if you are a foodie and really appreciate food and wine pairings.

NtStiRReD

I love when the offer half price on board. All ships seem to have 'happy hour'. Earlier this year we were on Costa. They offered ANY drink 2 for 1 on their happy hour. Then we were on Royal Caribbean. Theirs was only on their specialty drink of the day.

The beverage package that I was referring to earlier was NOT a 2 for 1 (happy hour).

It was for hard liquor/beer at any time. These types of packages usually can only be ordered before your cruise and give a discount for cocktails or beer. They will do something like put a sticker on your cruise card to identify you get the discount. It is kind of like the soft drink sticker if you buy that.That is why I called Azamara. I know their wine is complimentary and I am sure I will like what they serve. I feel it will be like getting a 'house wine' at a nice restaurant.

It is always a good idea to search all over a cruiselines website before you go. That is where you find interesting info nobody tells you about. Things like drink packages & the fact

that Azamara was going to take away your tier level if dormant for 3 years. That has since been cleared up by the 'power of cruisecritic' but if I had not carefully checked the website that could have slipped by.

Yes, it is in their new brochure with prices to come out in February. I would assume pricing would be similar to the Celebrity packages (if not a bit less since there is already some wine at lunch and dinner). since Celebrity has already done all of the research.

We were on the Quest in late Nov/early Dec and I cannot recall seeing anyone purchasing bottled wine at either lunch or dinner. Everyone seemed to find the complimentary wines very acceptable. Perhaps an absolute wine connoisseur might find them not quite to their standard and/or might prefer to purchase something else when dining in Prime C or Aqualina.

Azamara was also very generous with the complimentary wine - a top-up or refill was constantly offered.

We also found that cocktails and beers were quite inexpensive ($5 - $6). However, wine by the glass (probably only required outside lunch and dinner hours) was more expensive.

Hello Azamara Drink Package Questioners –

I will be getting back to you with the official details about the drink/beverage package itself along with its start date, booking procedures and when it will be on our website. Thanks for your patience while I get the official information for this program and your continued loyalty to the Azamara experience.

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

(*CBO is an authorized and compensated representative of ACC)

I prefer the don't bother me approach to drinks, but while the house wines were fine, I had OBC and when I liked a wine offered, it was great simply choosing the 50% off special wine in the dining room and finding a nice bottle for $30/80 dollars in the specialty restaurants. The drinks were priced at $5.00, but as I said somewhere else people don't like signing for $5.00 when so much is offered free. I think it's tacky charging people when they're paying big dollars, but some people count every cent and try to beat the house, so the cruise line has to charge when the client counts every cent, they count every cent, it works both ways. If Azamara could charge what they needed and had a open bar, they would do it. retail is a tough business, I'll let the experts figure it out, meantime, give me what I want at a price and don't nickle and dime me, life is much simpler that way.

westmount

• 3 weeks later...

Hello Azamara Drink Package Questioners –

I will be getting back to you with the official details about the drink/beverage package itself along with its start date, booking procedures and when it will be on our website. Thanks for your patience while I get the official information for this program and your continued loyalty to the Azamara experience.

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

With the drinks package supposed to be available from next week, is Bill able to give any details of pricing etc. yet?

Azamara in the UK has no knowledge of it as yet, and we may wish to avail ourselves of it on our Quest sailing from Singapore on February 19.

Because of the lack of information both from the Azamara web page [nothing new there then!] and from our "Chief Blogging Officer" about the drinks package I emailed Azamara on the 1 February and have now received the following reply -

"Thank you for your email to Azamara Club Cruises.

The Beverage, Spa & Communication Package pricing unfortunately is not yet

available. The package pricing was

to be available February 1, 2011, however we are still finalizing the

packages at this time. We are expecting to have

more information available within the next 3-4 weeks.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you."

As our cruise sails on the 19 February this is not a lot of use to us. Azamara does seem to have continuing problems both with planning and communication.

Because of the lack of information both from the Azamara web page [nothing new there then!] and from our "Chief Blogging Officer" about the drinks package I emailed Azamara on the 1 February and have now received the following reply -

"Thank you for your email to Azamara Club Cruises.

The Beverage, Spa & Communication Package pricing unfortunately is not yet

available. The package pricing was

to be available February 1, 2011, however we are still finalizing the

packages at this time. We are expecting to have

more information available within the next 3-4 weeks.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you."

As our cruise sails on the 19 February this is not a lot of use to us. Azamara does seem to have continuing problems both with planning and communication.

We are on the same cruise and are also disappointed that Azamara have "missed the bus" again!

Sue

We are on the same cruise and are also disappointed that Azamara have "missed the bus" again!

Sue

They should just make a decision on pricing the drink packages. It should not be that complicated as Celebrity has already done a lot of research. If anything, it would be slightly less since some wines with lunch and dinner are already included on Azamara.

On the Celebrity, the most expensive package, I think, has been $48.00pp per day.

If the cost was an additional $528.00 per person for a 11 night cruise, would you pay it?

They should just make a decision on pricing the drink packages. It should not be that complicated as Celebrity has already done a lot of research. If anything, it would be slightly less since some wines with lunch and dinner are already included on Azamara.

On the Celebrity, the most expensive package, I think, has been $48.00pp per day.

If the cost was an additional $528.00 per person for a 11 night cruise, would you pay it?

We would never go for the most expensive package on Celebrity because we wish to buy more expensive wines by the bottle. The same would apply to Azamara. If we do not like the free pours, we are likely to be looking at buying by the bottle. However, my husband may well like the beer only package depending, of course, on the price.

Sue

We would never go for the most expensive package on Celebrity because we wish to buy more expensive wines by the bottle. The same would apply to Azamara. If we do not like the free pours, we are likely to be looking at buying by the bottle. However, my husband may well like the beer only package depending, of course, on the price.

Sue

I do not see the prices, but this is on the Azamara web site:

As of February 1, 2011, Azamara Club Cruises will offer mix and match liquor packages for onboard entertaining, or to indulge yourself.

Standard Beverage Package:

All standard liquors, domestic (US) beers, cocktails, frozen cocktails, daily pouring wine.

Premium Beverage Package:

All standard and premium liquors (Ultra Premium excluded), domestic (US) and international beers, frozen cocktails, daily pouring wine.

Beer only Package:

All domestic and international beers.

Wine packages:

Sommelier's selections of 3, 5 or 7 bottles.

For more information contact - 1-877-999-9553

Beverage and Communications package costs are per person, per day. Must be purchased for entire voyage.

I do not see the prices, but this is on the Azamara web site:

As of February 1, 2011, Azamara Club Cruises will offer mix and match liquor packages for onboard entertaining, or to indulge yourself.

Standard Beverage Package:

All standard liquors, domestic (US) beers, cocktails, frozen cocktails, daily pouring wine.

Premium Beverage Package:

All standard and premium liquors (Ultra Premium excluded), domestic (US) and international beers, frozen cocktails, daily pouring wine.

Beer only Package:

All domestic and international beers.

Wine packages:

Sommelier's selections of 3, 5 or 7 bottles.

For more information contact - 1-877-999-9553

Beverage and Communications package costs are per person, per day. Must be purchased for entire voyage.

I havent looked myself but how silly not to put the cost

We always order ourselves some type of drink package for our room (wine etc). I have noticed Azamara has a Bon Voyage Gift Order form and a list of available liquor packages(with 6-pak soda) and wine which you can order. It also quotes the prices. I will try to do this next week and see how that works. Maybe this might be of help to those of you sailing soon.

Azamara Followers - Let’s Toast to your Good Health!

Here are the details for the drink package and thanks for your patience. I realize how eager you are to learn more, but I have been delaying posting this information so that I could provide you with the complete details. Unfortunately, our technology department is still fine-tuning our reservations’ system so right now the program is not available through reservations but it can be booked onboard.

I will let you know when the system is functional for making reservations and I apologize for this piecemeal approach in bringing you this information.

DRINK PACKAGE UPDATE:

 The drink package (liquor, wine, beer, cocktails, etc.) will cost $ 39.00 per person per day.

 This price includes all items in each category that are listed up to $12.00.

 Any item above $12 would be available at 25% off (excluding wines on our wine list).

 The packages will be available starting Feb 15 on the Journey and Feb 19 on the Quest.

HOW THE PROGRAM WORKS:

 Guests may buy the package onboard.

 Guests or our Travel Partners may pre-purchase the package by calling reservations; however, as explained earlier, I will let you know when the system is functional.

 Important Note - the package must be purchased for the duration of the entire voyage.

 During the boarding process, guests will receive a new key card that identifies them to the entitlement of the drink package.

Again, sorry for the delay.

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

Thanks for the update handy to know this is available as an option for our trip in April.

That's not a bad deal. $10 cheaper than Celebrity taking into consideration the wine with lunch and dinner. Thanks for posting!

Also remember that Az also include all soft drinks, bottled water speciality tea coffee as well as the wine with Lunch and dinner.

I think this means the prices should be significantly lower that the closest X packages.

The X premium is $49+15%

The X non-alcohol are $13 or $16 +15%

So $39 seems relatively a bit steep for the premium Az package but if you don't drink wine it will be OK deal.

Looking at the bar price list

spirits start at $5.50 most under $8

Frozens are $7

beer $5 ish (not a great choice)

martini $9-$11

So on top of your lunch/dinner wine you are looking at 4-8 drinks extra or if you hit the $12 stuff 3.5.

Don't forget there are also the 1/2 price wine specials each day so the wine drinkers may prefer that option for the top ups outside meals.

I wonder if everyone in the cabin needs to purchase this. I am not a big drinker and maybe at most have a glass of wine a day or every other day. However my family like to have the freedom of an open bar.

I wonder if everyone in the cabin needs to purchase this. I am not a big drinker and maybe at most have a glass of wine a day or every other day. However my family like to have the freedom of an open bar.

It is by the individual.

Thanks for the update handy to know this is available as an option for our trip in April.

Also remember that Az also include all soft drinks, bottled water speciality tea coffee as well as the wine with Lunch and dinner.

I think this means the prices should be significantly lower that the closest X packages.

The X premium is $49+15%

The X non-alcohol are $13 or $16 +15%

So $39 seems relatively a bit steep for the premium Az package but if you don't drink wine it will be OK deal.

Looking at the bar price list

spirits start at $5.50 most under $8

Frozens are $7

beer $5 ish (not a great choice)

martini $9-$11

So on top of your lunch/dinner wine you are looking at 4-8 drinks extra or if you hit the $12 stuff 3.5.

Don't forget there are also the 1/2 price wine specials each day so the wine drinkers may prefer that option for the top ups outside meals.

Depends on what you would normally buy in a day. My husband doesn't drink coffee and rarely orders just a soda, he's much happy with a Vodka Tonic or a Martini. In his case, it's a deal.

Archived