The new Crown & A regulations

tgjr

Actually there is another Chalfont, PA which is in Allegheny County, not far from the city of Pittsburgh.

And I only know this because I grew up near there.

just FYI

Well, there ya go! (but that's still not near State College ;))

And there is a Philadelphia, Mississippi. :eek:

Chalfont PA, It's the one down by Philly....about an hour NE.....he works for a company the does Printing and direct mail....you know all of that JUNK mail we either love or hate....but no RCL....:(

Mike

Exactly....the one down in my direction. :)

The problem, as I see it, in counting the days at sea is that it does not take into consideration whether you are occupying a suite or the cheapest inside cabin. I also feel that the formula should have provision for the amount spent during your voyage.There is obviously a big difference in profitability to RC if you buy a bottle of wine each evening, drinks at the bar and meals in the speciality restaurants when compared with a soda package for the entire trip. The resulting revenues to RC could be as much as 10:1. The whole purpose of the loyalty plans is to bring back the customer who will contribute the most in profit to the Company.

This makes a lot of sense! However calculating this from past data may be next to impossible. Can't blame them for keeping it as simple as possible. However, I do believe that a balcony should get more credit than an inside since they are paying more. :D

No matter what RCL comes up with someone is just not going to be happy with the changes. It is not the end of the world if RCL changes how Cruise Credits are earned. I would say watching the fireworks on here when the changes are announced is going to wild.

This makes a lot of sense! However calculating this from past data may be next to impossible. Can't blame them for keeping it as simple as possible. However, I do believe that a balcony should get more credit than an inside since they are paying more. :D

Yee - and suite more than balcony, and long cruise more than shorte

Hey, you live where I live! :eek: Sorry, I've never seen anyone from my hometown before. Nice to meet ya!

Carry on. :D

Hi neighbor, I've seen your posts before but didn't know we were neighbors. You spell your name same as my daughter. We'll have to sail together sometime.

I wish Jan 12, or whatever date it will be, would just get here and get past us so all these dam rumors would just stop. Personally, I don't think it's going to be nearly as drastic a change as everyone seems to think.

Overall, I think that while some may be mildly upset over this, in the scheme of life, cruise credits shouldn't be the something that causes us duress. Sure, the changes may not be of the most benefit to us, but I would say that the majority of us on these boards are very blessed by our ability to vacation and enjoy the time we spend with loved ones on our trips.

Yes, it will take longer to earn the loyalty rewards, but that's not why I cruise with Royal Caribbean. If you do cruise on RCI for that reason, show them your discontent by choosing another line. While I realize these boards are a vehicle for conversation and sharing of experiences/opinions, I think we all need to keep in mind that loyalty "perks" are named as such for a reason.

I wish Jan 12, or whatever date it will be, would just get here and get past us so all these dam rumors would just stop. Personally, I don't think it's going to be nearly as drastic a change as everyone seems to think.

I tend to agree with you, but even if we are wrong, does anyone really think that the world as we know it is coming to an end on January 12th? We can either accept the changes and adapt to them or we can rant and vent our frustrations here and in emails to Adam Goldstein et al. On January 13, the sun will rise and most of us will be looking forward to our next cruise be it on Royal Caribbean or some other line. Getting all worked up in advance about rumored changes is a futile exercise and as likely to be an over-reaction as anything.

Interesting brief in the paper today: "The Pennsylvania State Police have agreed to stop handing out tickets to people who use language of which they don't approve. In other words, naughty no-nos.

I saw that! My neighbor 2 houses down is a PA state police officer (and a friend). I was going to go over and have some fun with this new law. :p;)

Hi neighbor, I've seen your posts before but didn't know we were neighbors. You spell your name same as my daughter. We'll have to sail together sometime.

Sure, we'll car pool! :D;) It looks like you'll be on Enchantment before I will. Let me know how you like her out of Baltimore. We must have the same thought in mind. No flights! I can't wait. Have a great cruise!

I tend to agree with you, but even if we are wrong, does anyone really think that the world as we know it is coming to an end on January 12th? We can either accept the changes and adapt to them or we can rant and vent our frustrations here and in emails to Adam Goldstein et al. On January 13, the sun will rise and most of us will be looking forward to our next cruise be it on Royal Caribbean or some other line. Getting all worked up in advance about rumored changes is a futile exercise and as likely to be an over-reaction as anything.

Yea, it's like Jan 12 is the end of some ancient indian calender by the way some people seem to think their Crown and Anchor membership is doomed. By the way, has RCI ever even announced Jan 12 as an announcement date or is that all hearsay? :confused:

Yea, it's like Jan 12 is the end of some ancient indian calender by the way some people seem to think their Crown and Anchor membership is doomed. By the way, has RCI ever even announced Jan 12 as an announcement date or is that all hearsay? :confused:

Maybe...

I was checking RCCL's travel agent site and see that there will be a webinar on Jan 12th entitled "It Just Keeps Getting Better" talking about "great new enhancements that are going to WOW you away." It also talks about making something new of something old.

not sure if this is about C&A or not. I changed my plans to be able to do the webinar!!!

Paul, I would put my money on the Mayan Calendar before I would believe any RCCL "rumors!" lol :D I haven't checked in on CC in quite awhile so just catching up before we head to the southern Caribbean next week to get away from all the snow! As always a pleasure, take care! :p

Overall, I think that while some may be mildly upset over this, in the scheme of life, cruise credits shouldn't be the something that causes us duress. Sure, the changes may not be of the most benefit to us, but I would say that the majority of us on these boards are very blessed by our ability to vacation and enjoy the time we spend with loved ones on our trips.

Yes, it will take longer to earn the loyalty rewards, but that's not why I cruise with Royal Caribbean. If you do cruise on RCI for that reason, show them your discontent by choosing another line. While I realize these boards are a vehicle for conversation and sharing of experiences/opinions, I think we all need to keep in mind that loyalty "perks" are named as such for a reason.

I disagree to some extent. Like you, I have a choice of cruise lines. One of the factors that goes into my decision is the "perks" that are offered. All cruise lines offer different perks, just as they offer different fares and itineraries.

The perks come into play when a decision is to be made.

Secondly, I chose to cruise on RCCL with the implicit undertstanding that the rewards I was earning would be honored. If RCCL chooses to make changes, that's fine, as long as previous commitments are honored and there is a "Grandfathering provision."

As a D+ - and assuming that we are grandfathered to that level - if we lose the use of the Concierge Lounge, there will be little difference between D and D+.

Or am I missing something here?

We have just come off the Indie and much prefer the Diamond Lounge, so on Freedom class, it won't make any difference. But, on the Radiance class, there is NO diamond lounge and this would make a big difference to us, as we don't drink and mostly use the Lounge during the day.

Just have to contain ourselves...............hehehehe!!!!!

Here is what someone else previously posted:

http://www.cruisingpower.com/public/webinars/schedule.do?br=R

As a D+ - and assuming that we are grandfathered to that level - if we lose the use of the Concierge Lounge, there will be little difference between D and D+.

Or am I missing something here?

We have just come off the Indie and much prefer the Diamond Lounge, so on Freedom class, it won't make any difference. But, on the Radiance class, there is NO diamond lounge and this would make a big difference to us, as we don't drink and mostly use the Lounge during the day.

Just have to contain ourselves...............hehehehe!!!!!

I wouldn't worry about it. That's not likely to happen. They ARE putting in a Diamond Lounge on Radiance during her upcoming dry dock but they are also putting in a much larger concierge lounge that will accommodate the suite guests and the D+ guests nicely on those rare occasions when there are abundant D+ on board. Contrary to what some claim, that's not very often. The repositioning and 2 week cruises are when the D+ pile on and also when they have those bargain sales that are so attractive to D+ - that's usually in the fall. The diamonds in December promotion really attracted them but that's exactly what RCI wanted or they wouldn't have run the promotion.

Gina

i wish jan 12, or whatever date it will be, would just get here and get past us so all these dam rumors would just stop. Personally, i don't think it's going to be nearly as drastic a change as everyone seems to think.

buzz-kill!!!! ;)

I wouldn't worry about it. That's not likely to happen. They ARE putting in a Diamond Lounge on Radiance during her upcoming dry dock but they are also putting in a much larger concierge lounge that will accommodate the suite guests and the D+ guests nicely on those rare occasions when there are abundant D+ on board. Contrary to what some claim, that's not very often. The repositioning and 2 week cruises are when the D+ pile on and also when they have those bargain sales that are so attractive to D+ - that's usually in the fall. The diamonds in December promotion really attracted them but that's exactly what RCI wanted or they wouldn't have run the promotion.

Gina

Last week on the Navigator for New Year's Eve, there were TEN D+ on the ship! :eek:

Just got off the Serenade. There were 8 Diamond Plus and 46 Diamond on board. CL was never crowded. LA said next week there will be over 100 D+.

Wow! What a difference. I wonder why next week is so popullar? Is it just because of the Monday holiday? :)

Archived