Would you ever take a Carnival cruise in Australia?

nytraveller53

Would you cruise the Carnival Spirit from Australia?  

276 members have voted

1. 1. Would you cruise the Carnival Spirit from Australia?

• No. The flight alone is about $1500 per person!
    • Yes, but only if the flight was a bargain!
    • I would cruise in Australia, but not on Carnival. I can go Carnival in the US much cheaper.
    • Yes, it would be a once-in-a-lifetime chance!
    • Other, I'll comment

I'd actually like to do the repo cruise! Would be a heck of a lot more fun than a big old flight - I know I'd still have to fly home, but what a great way to get there - and to hit multiple south Pacific islands? You bet -- sign me up!

As to an Aussie cruise? I'm not sure, I guess I'd want to see where they're going to go and the options that are available. There is so much I want to see in both Australia and NZ that I'm not sure a cruise is the best way to do it. I've always said I'm not going until I can spend 30 days, and inside of that 30 days a cruise would be a mighty-nice break.

I'm with trvlqueen, I'll be watching for the repositioning itinerary, but no way would I fly there for the sole purpose of cruising Australia and New Zealand. Those countrys really need to be seen on a land vacation.

Well, it's not like it's an Australian cruise anyway any more than cruises out of Miami are "Floridian" cruises. Still, would be a nice way to see the South Pacific and New Zealand.

I'd actually like to do the repo cruise! Would be a heck of a lot more fun than a big old flight - I know I'd still have to fly home, but what a great way to get there - and to hit multiple south Pacific islands? You bet -- sign me up!

There is a little group of us thinking along the same lines mmm I am thinking maybe a little thread hidden somewhere away from the mods on here :D

Well, it's not like it's an Australian cruise anyway any more than cruises out of Miami are "Floridian" cruises. Still, would be a nice way to see the South Pacific and New Zealand.

Since the itinerary is not yet published, we're not sure what is on it. And the cruises out of FL are called Caribbean cruises, not Florida cruises.

As to an Aussie cruise? I'm not sure, I guess I'd want to see where they're going to go and the options that are available. There is so much I want to see in both Australia and NZ that I'm not sure a cruise is the best way to do it. I've always said I'm not going until I can spend 30 days, and inside of that 30 days a cruise would be a mighty-nice break.

I read that the Spirit will go into drydock before going to Australia so I doubt if a repositioning cruise will materialize

I read that the Spirit will go into drydock before going to Australia so I doubt if a repositioning cruise will materialize

I am 100% sure they will have a repo cruise. It is a long trip from the US to Australia and Carnival would loose a lot of money sailing the ship empty. So they would have a repo cruise to make money.

Cruising would be a great way to see Australia. Most of our cities are along the coast and something like 90% of our population live along the coast. There are amazing things to see and do.

I imagine the soon to be aired Oprah shows that were filmed here last month will be a major boost for tourism from the USA.

In WA alone you can go from the tropics of Broome and the Kimberly - one of the most stunning places on the planet down to, Ningaloo which is regarded as one of the best reefs in the world and one of the few places that allows you to swim with whale sharks, on to Perth which is a vibrant and incredibly attractive city to somewhere like Bussleton to watch whales and a pop to the Margaret River wine region for amazing lunch in a vinyard, on to Esperance to see one of the most stunning coastal views. And thats just WA!

I agree that cruising is a great way to see Australia. Like a lot of Australians I haven't seen a lot of my own country, and I love the idea of cruising to see it. RCCL and Princess both have a fantastic itinerary that goes from Sydney to Perth around the top of Australia and visits a lot of places that are pretty time consuming and expensive to get to by land including Darwin, Broome, Great Barrier Reef the Whitsundays and Bali - not in Australia I know but I'd love to go there! As Verystormy says a lot of Australian towns and attractions are around the coastline. I'd love to do that cruise, which is about 17 nights, then get the train (a sleeper it takes a couple of days) back from Perth to Sydney across the centre of Australia. I think that would be an amazing trip - not cheap though as that "round the top" itinerary is expensive, but maybe with more ships coming here... . Well we can only hope!

Id recommend VAustralia from LAX to Sydney. From Australia you can fly round trip economy for around $1200... new planes, one of the best in seat entertainment set ups in the air. Beats those old United 747s!!

As for the cruising part, hopefully the prices are reasonable... we'd love to do a cruise in Australia but its ridiculous to pay $4000+ for a 10 night cruise for an inside room... plus the ships are old lol

Definitely looking into the Spirit repo... that would be a blast

For numerous reasons, YES!

Always wanted to visit down under.

Have one relative and one family of friends in New Zealand. LOTR made me want to see that place. Relative is getting married, and if we can tie everything together, I'm going!

husband and I have already been saving for a 5 to 8 week vacation in Aussie in 2014 and taking a cruise was going to be part of that package. So it Carnival spirit that we will be sailing. Would I fly just to sail NO but part of this vacation yes.

For us the price of sailing for a 8 to 12 days --- cheaper when you think about it hotel meals car rental etc etc.

Archived