Marriott Day Pass

janica

Was there an additional charge for a beach chair? umbrella? The $65, does that included taxes? I tried to call them today but the reservation person wasn't at the desk, left a # for them to call me, but haven't heard yet.

It was St. Kitts Marriott. I was there with my wife last Tuesday March 1, 2011. We took a cab-$10, (about a 7 minute ride) we walked in, asked for a day rate and were given a choice--room or no room. $65 US for the room (not per person), no tax, 2 keys to the room, had a room on the second floor in building 2 called Basseterre, used the safe, changed, went to the main pool, parked ourselves under some loungers, ordered lunch (which we paid for by putting it on the room account), used their towels, swam in the pool, took a walk on the beach. No vendors at the pool, there are security guards by the entrance to the pool deck. No idea if there are vendors on the beach but we did not see any on our walk. No charge for towels or loungers. Each lounger has its own cover from the sun. We did not hang out on the beach so I don't know what unbrellas are provided. We stayed by the pool. No parasailing. This is not a public or party beach. It is adjacent to several high end resorts and upscale. If you want to party, you might not be happy. If you want a quiet place to relax, this place is very civilized and peaceful. End of the day, took showers in the room, used their towels again, settled up our bill for lunch, took a cab back to the port and it was one very fine day. Hope that is clear enough.

It was St. Kitts Marriott. I was there with my wife last Tuesday March 1, 2011. We took a cab-$10, (about a 7 minute ride) we walked in, asked for a day rate and were given a choice--room or no room. $65 US for the room (not per person), no tax, 2 keys to the room, had a room on the second floor in building 2 called Basseterre, used the safe, changed, went to the main pool, parked ourselves under some loungers, ordered lunch (which we paid for by putting it on the room account), used their towels, swam in the pool, took a walk on the beach. No vendors at the pool, there are security guards by the entrance to the pool deck. No idea if there are vendors on the beach but we did not see any on our walk. No charge for towels or loungers. Each lounger has its own cover from the sun. We did not hang out on the beach so I don't know what unbrellas are provided. We stayed by the pool. No parasailing. This is not a public or party beach. It is adjacent to several high end resorts and upscale. If you want to party, you might not be happy. If you want a quiet place to relax, this place is very civilized and peaceful. End of the day, took showers in the room, used their towels again, settled up our bill for lunch, took a cab back to the port and it was one very fine day. Hope that is clear enough.

Are there cabs there waiting at the hotel or did you make arrangements to be picked up? Thanks.

RealProperty - I also appreciate your response on what is included and pricing. We are not party people and love Marriotts... so this might be a great "excursion" for us. Pool, Beach, a big shower (as opposed to cruise ship size), towels, a safe... perfect!

• 2 weeks later...

the cab cost $10 US each way. There are several large pools and the main one has a swim up bar and it has a restaurant and also people who come around and take orders and deliver the food to your deck chair. Each chair has a shade cover since the sun can be brutal. The one thing that was hard to find at the pool was a cup of coffee. Otherwise, it seemed to be full service. Curious about recent posters being told that they don't do day passes. For us, just a few weeks ago, it was seamless and that had to be more high season than now.

the cab cost $10 US each way. There are several large pools and the main one has a swim up bar and it has a restaurant and also people who come around and take orders and deliver the food to your deck chair. Each chair has a shade cover since the sun can be brutal. The one thing that was hard to find at the pool was a cup of coffee. Otherwise, it seemed to be full service. Curious about recent posters being told that they don't do day passes. For us, just a few weeks ago, it was seamless and that had to be more high season than now.

Thank you so much for your help. We can't wait to go.

• 3 weeks later...

It is really funny that everyone is getting different information about the day pass. I just received a response to my email to the Marriott. They quoted me $35.00 + 19% tax per person for a day pass, and $125.00 + 19% tax for a day room based on availability. Very confusing!!!

We were there last week. This is what we did: Took cab to Marriott, $10 for 2. Went to desk asked about a day room, was told $165 + taxes for day; asked about a day pass to use beach and pool, this was $35 + tax per person; asked if we could just use the beach for free, told that it was a public beach and as long as we didn't use cabanas and towels we could. We walked through the hotel and then the pool area to the beach. It was empty, only a few people there. We asked 2 men with hotel shirts on if we could use chairs and cabana, were very up front, said we did not pay, they said it was fine, no problem. We did not use the pool or the hotels towels, did use a cabana and chairs, did use the restroom by the pool, did walk up and buy 2 cokes from the pool bar and carry them to the beach, did have a wonderful day on a gorgeous beach. When we left, the doorman called a cab for us.

We did something similar to above post. Taxi for 3, 10 bux got there and taxi driver hooked us up with a bell man, took us to the beach on a glof cart, got us 3 hotel beach towels, usd the beach, ate and swam in the pool for 20 bux tip to the bell man. Got a cab from same bell man went to ship wreck beach and back to the ship. Great day.:D

I will not mention his name just in case.

• 2 weeks later...

I thought I had responded to our experience but apparently the posting didn't go through.

We took a taxi to the Marriott. Easy 10-minute drive. It was also easy to get a taxi on the way back. That was the good part.

We arrived on Monday, April 4. Because of the confusion as to whether or not you could purchase a day room, I made sure that I took along my email that stated the room would cost $65 with an additional 19 percent tax.

I stated to the front desk lady that we wanted to get a day room. She said OK, that is $125 plus taxes. I said that wasn't what I was told. She went to get the manager. When returning, she asked to see proof. I pulled the email up on our Ipad. The manager came out and started calling others. We were told we could buy the day passes at $35 a person including my 13-year-old ($105) or we could buy the day room at $125 plus taxes. They refused to honor what I had in writing. This continued for more than 40 minutes. In the end, she agreed to let our son go for free but we paid the $70 for two passes. They were not going to budge on the day room. Said they couldn't override the amount in their system.

Said that they didn't have any email address like this. Couldn't verify where the email came from but this place was putting out wrong information as they havent had the $65 rate for more than two months. I used the email address that was posted earlier on this thread and received two separate replies. The women behind the desk were making it seem like I made the whole thing up.

I did all of my homework and still this happened. In retrospect, I should have just gone to the beach for free. It really griped me when I saw people from the ship jumping in the pool and hanging out but they didn't have the armband.

I have always wanted to stay at the St. Kitts Marriott and really wanted to see the rooms because we had been considing a week's stay. Later, I found out that a couple from our roll call went to the marriott and asked to see a room because the wife was planning a girlfriend's getaway later in the year. They were accommodated and said the rooms were extremely nice and large.

The facilities were very nice. We enjoyed the pool and the beach was beautiful. This was our fourth time in St. Kitts and wanted to experience just the beach. Would I go back? Yes, but would head straight to the beach.

Thanks for relaying your recent experience at the Marriott. Sounds like they are having some management issues. Definitely unprofessional to not honor the email you presented at the front desk. I would think they would just be happy to have the business. In the future I would just use the beach and avoid the hassle of dealing with the management.

• 2 weeks later...

Still a little confused....

Day passes to use the beach AND pool are $35 pp, correct?

Does this include lounges....poolside and ocean?

Are towels included or do we bring our own?

Are reservations necessary, or do we just show up at the front desk?

How long of a taxi drive is it?

Food and drink good?

Thanks so much for any recent information! We really appreciate your help!

Still a little confused....

Day passes to use the beach AND pool are $35 pp, correct?

Yes.

Does this include lounges....poolside and ocean?

Yes.

Are towels included or do we bring our own?

We brought ours from the ship but the day pass includes the Marriott towels. You fill out a little slip at the towel hut and return the towels there when you are done.

Are reservations necessary, or do we just show up at the front desk?

Show up.

How long of a taxi drive is it?

10 minutes.

Food and drink good?

Cheapest drink was a Caribe draft-$3

Other drinks - $8.

Food was OK. Didn't plan on buying anything but my son decided he was starving. Nachos were $11. Chicken strips, $10.

Thanks so much for any recent information! We really appreciate your help!

See above for answers.

• 5 months later...

Archived