Platinum~Emerald~Diamond~Diamond Plus~Pinnacle Balcony Discounts as of Jan. 21, 2011

Right now I am Platinum but will be Diamond via reciprocity after a Celebrity cruise in February that will make me Elite there. If I book a RC cruise while Platinum and get the balcony discount, can I get it adjusted to the higher amount when I become Diamond (it would still be over 6 months before my cruise)? I understand that the lower price could affect whatever OBC I get from my travel agent. Or do I need to wait until I am Diamond to book?
I had a level change after Final Payment. The balcony discount was increased and the additional savings was credited as an OBC. This was for a cruise in Jan 2013. Did I have to ask for the additional savings? - don't remember, but I do know we checked on it before sailing. Was the OBC refundable? - don't think we checked on that as it wasn't an issue we were concerned with.

Thom

Right now I am Platinum but will be Diamond via reciprocity after a Celebrity cruise in February that will make me Elite there. If I book a RC cruise while Platinum and get the balcony discount, can I get it adjusted to the higher amount when I become Diamond (it would still be over 6 months before my cruise)? I understand that the lower price could affect whatever OBC I get from my travel agent. Or do I need to wait until I am Diamond to book?

Book now to lock in the price and cabin. Once you reach diamond call RCI. It will either be OBC or if they will adjust your price. We had this happen in the middle of a B2B and we got OBC for the difference.

You don't have to wait until you are Diamond to book. They will adjust your balcony discount on an exisiting booking. However, it's not automatic, you will have to contact your travel agent to get the increased balcony discount.

You don't have to wait until you are Diamond to book. They will adjust your balcony discount on an exisiting booking. However, it's not automatic, you will have to contact your travel agent to get the increased balcony discount.

Yes, I was told this by RC when we booked our NE cruise for next year. As soon as we turn to Diamond, call the TA and the TA will talk to RC to get the adjustment.

Not sure if this was mentioned, but if I already booked a cruise in Oct and go on a cruise in April am I still eligible for the OBC?

Not sure what you are asking. If you are saying that the April cruise will move you up a level, then you will be able to get the increased balcony discount for the October cruise.

We managed the $200 for our 3 upcoming cruises, under our Platinum position. Since the later 2 will move us up on the positions, but we won't get any credit for them until after the end of each cruise. Once we board, I do plan to alert C&A of the postions changes so hopefully going into the next cruise we will get some benefits. At the end of the NZ cruise we will reach Emerald and following the TP, Diamond going into the final 12 day Hawaii cruise by being in a JS.

Next weekend we will be sailing on our first B2B. On the first sailing we will still be Emerald however on the last day we will technical turn to Diamond. We were told to go to the Loyal Ambassador to see if he/she would ensure that we are Diamond for the second sailing. We were also told we could get the Diamond Discount applied to the second sailing as an OBC. Crossing my fingers that all turns out!

Next weekend we will be sailing on our first B2B. On the first sailing we will still be Emerald however on the last day we will technical turn to Diamond. We were told to go to the Loyal Ambassador to see if he/she would ensure that we are Diamond for the second sailing. We were also told we could get the Diamond Discount applied to the second sailing as an OBC. Crossing my fingers that all turns out!

You should be able to get Diamond perks on the second cruise. However, I've not heard of getting OBC for the increased balcony discount earned by changing levels on a B2B. Please let us know if you do get the OBC.

Edited by clarea

You should be able to get Diamond perks on the second cruise. However, I've not heard of getting OBC for the increased balcony discount earned by changing levels on a B2B. Please let us know if you do get the OBC.

I will let you know! My TA was surprised as well and told me to let them know when we get back. Thankfully, I wrote down the agents name and will talk to the Concierge to see if he/she can get it applied since we will have access to the CL again on the second sailing.

I will let you know! My TA was surprised as well and told me to let them know when we get back. Thankfully, I wrote down the agents name and will talk to the Concierge to see if he/she can get it applied since we will have access to the CL again on the second sailing.

You have to see the Loyalty Ambassador on board who will then email C&A to verify your new C&A level.

You're welcome. :) I would actually talk with him/her early on your first cruise and let them know that your C&A level is changing with the second cruise.

Thank you, I plan on going as soon as we board while were waiting four our cabin to be made up. The sooner the better.

Thank you, I plan on going as soon as we board while were waiting four our cabin to be made up. The sooner the better.

The LA will likely not be available when you board, but there should be a display of office hours at the desk. There may also be a sign-up sheet for appointments.

We were just in the same situation and it did not work for us. Turned Emerald after leg 1. We were told by C&A to go to guest services and we would get OBC for the additional $25 balcony discount. We went to guest services, they told us to see Loyalty ambassador who told us to see guest services. Received the royal run around. Now to call C&A to get this straightened out.

You're welcome. :) I would actually talk with him/her early on your first cruise and let them know that your C&A level is changing with the second cruise.

This worked perfectly for us. A quick visit on the first cruise and then stopped in at start of the second cruise and they put the proper sticker over the old C&A level. By the time the muster drill was done the new benefits were loaded onto our Seapass cards and the welcome aboard amenity arrived in our stateroom by 6pm.

We were just in the same situation and it did not work for us. Turned Emerald after leg 1. We were told by C&A to go to guest services and we would get OBC for the additional $25 balcony discount. We went to guest services, they told us to see Loyalty ambassador who told us to see guest services. Received the royal run around. Now to call C&A to get this straightened out.

I would not be optimistic on getting additional OBC for a level change. I believe the person who promised you that made a mistake.

I would not be optimistic on getting additional OBC for a level change. I believe the person who promised you that made a mistake.

Thanks for the heads up. What I have a hard time with is why they allow it if your cruises are a couple weeks apart and you have time to do it in between cruises and yet if it falls on a B2B then your **** out of luck?

Thanks for the heads up. What I have a hard time with is why they allow it if your cruises are a couple weeks apart and you have time to do it in between cruises and yet if it falls on a B2B then your **** out of luck?

I understand. Royal keeps finding ingenious ways to say "no" to perks. Some people are reporting that if you get a price drop within 6 months of the cruise, Royal takes away $25 of the balcony discount.

I would not be surprised if at some point they say you have to be the higher C&A level before final payment date (or maybe even at cruise booking time) in order to get the higher balcony discount.

I understand. Royal keeps finding ingenious ways to say "no" to perks. Some people are reporting that if you get a price drop within 6 months of the cruise, Royal takes away $25 of the balcony discount.

I would not be surprised if at some point they say you have to be the higher C&A level before final payment date (or maybe even at cruise booking time) in order to get the higher balcony discount.

Perish the thought. Let's hope that they are all out celebrating and not reading CC getting ideas.:)

My TA is looking into this, but I figured I'd ask here as well. If a travel agency has a group discount on a particular category, can I get my Platinum/Diamond discount on top of that? Or do I have to book a category that doesn't have a group discount?

I'm looking at a 12 nighter on Quantum and they have a D8 for $100 less than a DO (obstructed). But if my discount won't apply, then I'll go for the DO so my discount will apply (I will be Diamond soon and can live with an obstructed view). I suppose that since I am booking 3 cabins, and only 2 of us will be Diamond (the other Platinum), I could get the d8 for the Platinum person since the price is the same.

My TA is looking into this, but I figured I'd ask here as well. If a travel agency has a group discount on a particular category, can I get my Platinum/Diamond discount on top of that? Or do I have to book a category that doesn't have a group discount?

I'm looking at a 12 nighter on Quantum and they have a D8 for $100 less than a DO (obstructed). But if my discount won't apply, then I'll go for the DO so my discount will apply (I will be Diamond soon and can live with an obstructed view). I suppose that since I am booking 3 cabins, and only 2 of us will be Diamond (the other Platinum), I could get the d8 for the Platinum person since the price is the same.

We were able to use our balcony discount on a group booking.

We were able to use our balcony discount on a group booking.

My TA was told that I cannot get the discount with a group rate. Did you actually get a discounted cabin or did you pay the normal rate? This cabin is $300 less than the current price on the RC website. FWIW, here's the fine print from the c&A site:

Special Rates on Balcony and Suite Staterooms is a dollar off discount to applicable balcony and suite categories only available to Platinum, Emerald, Diamond, Diamond Plus, and Pinnacle Crown & Anchor Society members. Savings are not redeemable for cash and non transferable. When reserving the applicable offer code and a valid Crown & Anchor Society membership number must be included in the reservation. Platinum, Emerald, Diamond, Diamond Plus, and Pinnacle Crown & Anchor Society member will receive an increased discount for making a reservation for a sail date outside of 6 (six) months. This offer can only be combined with the Onboard Booking Bonus while making a reservation onboard a Royal Caribbean ship. This offer cannot be used with certain restricted fares and is not combinable with any other promotion or offer, including, but not limited to Shareholder Benefits, dollars off and onboard credit offers, MyCruiseSM Upgrades, Companion Fare and Free Cruise promotions and benefits. Offer can be used in conjunction with crown & Anchor exclusive Onboard Booking Bonus. Royal Caribbean International will deduct the applicable offer value from final payment upon review. Discount applies on a per stateroom basis; double occupancy. Singles paying 200% are entitled to full face value. Prices vary by ship and sail dates; space is subject to availability at the time of making your reservation. Please call or have your travel agent call our exclusive precruise number at (888) 437-1953 to answer additional questions or to make arrangements.

Edited by MisterBill99

My TA was told that I cannot get the discount with a group rate. Did you actually get a discounted cabin or did you pay the normal rate? This cabin is $300 less than the current price on the RC website. FWIW, here's the fine print from the c&A site:

Special Rates on Balcony and Suite Staterooms is a dollar off discount to applicable balcony and suite categories only available to Platinum, Emerald, Diamond, Diamond Plus, and Pinnacle Crown & Anchor Society members. Savings are not redeemable for cash and non transferable. When reserving the applicable offer code and a valid Crown & Anchor Society membership number must be included in the reservation. Platinum, Emerald, Diamond, Diamond Plus, and Pinnacle Crown & Anchor Society member will receive an increased discount for making a reservation for a sail date outside of 6 (six) months. This offer can only be combined with the Onboard Booking Bonus while making a reservation onboard a Royal Caribbean ship. This offer cannot be used with certain restricted fares and is not combinable with any other promotion or offer, including, but not limited to Shareholder Benefits, dollars off and onboard credit offers, MyCruiseSM Upgrades, Companion Fare and Free Cruise promotions and benefits. Offer can be used in conjunction with crown & Anchor exclusive Onboard Booking Bonus. Royal Caribbean International will deduct the applicable offer value from final payment upon review. Discount applies on a per stateroom basis; double occupancy. Singles paying 200% are entitled to full face value. Prices vary by ship and sail dates; space is subject to availability at the time of making your reservation. Please call or have your travel agent call our exclusive precruise number at (888) 437-1953 to answer additional questions or to make arrangements.

I think that I would ask your TA to recheck with RCI regarding the info they were given. You are most definitely eligible for a balcony discount on your cruise. I see nothing in the fine print that says a group rate makes you ineligible for your balcony discount.

If you are receiving $300 from your TA because they have put you in a group, then it appears that the TA is not willing to also deduct your balcony discount.

Edited by cruisenfever