Platinum~Emerald~Diamond~Diamond Plus~Pinnacle Balcony Discounts as of Jan. 21, 2011

Hmm

I just had my platinum discount added for my 9 nt next month while adding our daughter to the reservation. My invoice only shows a $75 discount when it should have been $100.

Hmm

I just had my platinum discount added for my 9 nt next month while adding our daughter to the reservation. My invoice only shows a $75 discount when it should have been $100.

If you made the booking more than 6 months in advance, call C&A (or your travel agent if you used one) and tell them you should be getting a $100 discount. If you made the booking less than 6 mo in advance, then $75 is the correct discount.

So.....

Talked to a kick ass rep. I was actually suppose to get nothing.

We booked this trip during the October wow sale, rep didn't catch it and put it through yesterday. Todays rep figured it out, but honored the $75 since they messed up.

In the end, I save $75 on the cruise on top of my resident rate and keep my $100 obc.

So.....

Talked to a kick ass rep. I was actually suppose to get nothing.

We booked this trip during the October wow sale, rep didn't catch it and put it through yesterday. Todays rep figured it out, but honored the $75 since they messed up.

In the end, I save $75 on the cruise on top of my resident rate and keep my $100 obc.

Wow, good deal for you!:) Glad to hear a positive story about a customer service rep.

• 1 month later...

Has the amount of OBC you get for booking online changed or do I have a typo? While on Allure last month I booked Rhapsody for May 2015 Hawaii to Vancouver but my paperwork shows $100 OBC. The cruise is 13 days, wouldn't be $150 OBC?

thanks

Bill

Has the amount of OBC you get for booking online changed or do I have a typo? While on Allure last month I booked Rhapsody for May 2015 Hawaii to Vancouver but my paperwork shows $100 OBC. The cruise is 13 days, wouldn't be $150 OBC?

thanks

Bill

Here's the list:

OBC From Booking On Board

$25 for sailings of 3-5 nights

$100 for sailings of 6-9 nights

$150 for sailings of 10-14 nights

$200 for sailings of 15+ nights

Looks like you should be getting $150. It could be one of those things that gets fixed automatically, a week or two after booking. I'd call and ask for another Guest Copy of your booking invoice. You might find it's already fixed. If not, then a call to C&A would fix it.

• 2 weeks later...
DO NOT CANCEL. You want to keep the same booking number but you want to change ships/itinerary/sailing date. By doing this all C&A benefits will transfer over to the new booking. The balcony discount will most probably be adjusted.

My TA & RCCL Australia is still working this out for me after I TRANSFERRED my Future Cruise Certificate booking from 2 Oceanview cabins on March 2014 to 1 Junior Suite cabin in February 2014.

We've had emails back and forth for over a week now! GRRR!!

HOPEFULLY I get to keep my OBC and have a Platinum Balcony Discount applied for the new 11-day cruise.

My TA & RCCL Australia is still working this out for me after I TRANSFERRED my Future Cruise Certificate booking from 2 Oceanview cabins on March 2014 to 1 Junior Suite cabin in February 2014.

HOPEFULLY I get to keep my OBC and have a Platinum Balcony Discount applied for the new 11-day cruise.

As long as your booking number is the same, you should get the OBC. The balcony discount can be applied in any case.

Edited by clarea

As long as your booking number is the same, you should get the OBC. The balcony discount can be applied in any case.

Thanks Bob!

The problem is that we seem to have different Terms & Conditions here in Australia which are NOT clearly defined so when a "curly" problem presents itself to the company here, they're not sure how to answer it!

Still, I'll keep my fingers crossed that common-sense prevails as I've kept the original booking number after the transfer.

Seems very straight forward to me!

Gae

• 3 weeks later...

Hi there!

As things seem to be done a little differently here DOWN-UNDER I was keeping my fingers crossed that my booking transfer would all work out correctly.

Here's an update:

** booking transferred from 2 OV cabins in March 2014 to 1 JS cabin in February 2014

** deposit transferred - even the deposit of the second cabin that we CANCELLED

** OBC from Next Cruise Certificate of $150 transferred

** Platinum Balcony Discount of $200 wasn't allowed as there was a Savings Certificate of $225 available for the new date

It took a LOT of to-ing and fro-ing between myself, TA & RCI Australia but I stuck with it and finally it worked out.:)

After all this, I think I'll manage any further bookings with RCI myself as I can't find a TA that allocates OBC especially if I've already obtained some via a NCC purchased on-board.

Gae

I thought I read it somewhere but can't find it, but are next cruise and savings certificates combineable.

The boards seem to be acting up a little....they're BOUNCY.

But anyway, you can combine the Next Cruise onboard credit with a savings certificate. (If you booked the cruise in this quarter, apparently :rolleyes:)

The Next Cruise onboard credit is combinable with a balcony discount OR a saving certificate.

Effective January 21, 2011....here is a breakdown of balcony discounts per cabin for Platinum, Emerald, Diamond, Diamond Plus and Pinnacle Members as well as OBC being offered when booking on board.

Platinum Balcony Discount When Booking More Than 6 Months From Sailing Date:

$ 50 * for sailings of 3-5 nights

$100* for sailings of 6-9 nights

$200* for sailings of 10-14 nights

$200* for sailings of 15+ nights

Emerald Balcony Discount When Booking More Than 6 Months From Sailing Date:

$ 75 * for sailings of 3-5 nights

$125* for sailings of 6-9 nights

$225* for sailings of 10-14 nights

$225* for sailings of 15+ nights

Diamond Balcony Discount When Booking More Than 6 Months From Sailing Date:

$125* for sailings of 3-5 nights

$225* for sailings of 6-9 nights

$325* for sailings of 10-14 nights

$325* for sailings of 15+ nights

Diamond Plus & Pinnacle Balcony Discount When Booking More Than 6 Months From Sailing Date:

$150* for sailings of 3-5 nights

$250* for sailings of 6-9 nights

$350* for sailings of 10-14 nights

$350* for sailings of 15+ nights

*When booking less than 6 months from sailing date subtract $25 from each dollar amount.

OBC From Booking On Board

$25 for sailings of 3-5 nights

$100 for sailings of 6-9 nights

$150 for sailings of 10-14 nights

$200 for sailings of 15+ nights

This is if you book directly with RCI, correct?

If you book with TA, you don't get these discounts?

This is if you book directly with RCI, correct?

If you book with TA, you don't get these discounts?

You should get the balcony discount no matter whom you book with. Your TA will have to contact C&A to have the appropriate balcony discount applied, they are not automatic.

Edited by cruisenfever

if your TA isn't letting you have these discounts find a new TA.

I didn't say she wasn't letting me....I was asking if they can! Honestly, I didn't even think to ask her since the price she gave us was almost $800 per cabin cheaper than on the cruise line web site and that's not even counting the other goodies she gave us, which are terrific!

• 4 months later...

This is such a great thread. Are the amounts still the same for the Diamond Discount for Balcony? Only reason I ask is that I booked two weeks ago (Nov 21, 2013) the Liberty of the Seas Dec 16, 2013 5 night sailing. I booked balcony and they gave me $200 off for Diamond Discount. I didn't question it for obvious reasons but I was just curious if the amounts have changed.

I want to book Majesty for Jan and/or Feb sailing and possibly book a suite if the price is right but I'm not sure what the diamond discount would be.

THanks for the info.

This is such a great thread. Are the amounts still the same for the Diamond Discount for Balcony? Only reason I ask is that I booked two weeks ago (Nov 21, 2013) the Liberty of the Seas Dec 16, 2013 5 night sailing. I booked balcony and they gave me $200 off for Diamond Discount. I didn't question it for obvious reasons but I was just curious if the amounts have changed.

I want to book Majesty for Jan and/or Feb sailing and possibly book a suite if the price is right but I'm not sure what the diamond discount would be.

THanks for the info.

The amounts are have not changed since 2011. I don't know why you got $200 off a 5 night sailing, it should have been $100.

The discount for a suite on Majesty booked less than 6 mo in advance would be the same, $100.

Edited by clarea

I didn't say she wasn't letting me....I was asking if they can! Honestly, I didn't even think to ask her since the price she gave us was almost $800 per cabin cheaper than on the cruise line web site and that's not even counting the other goodies she gave us, which are terrific!

It might affect the incentives you are given.

Edited by BecciBoo

Thanks I will keep an eye out for price drops on Majesty and see if the suites will work into my budget.

The only thing I thought of for the discount I got was she thought it was the 6 night and not the 5 night. Either way I hope they don't read through this thread and charge it back LOL.

But if they look at my bill on board they know they will make the money up from me some other way.

We managed the $200 for our 3 upcoming cruises, under our Platinum position. Since the later 2 will move us up on the positions, but we won't get any credit for them until after the end of each cruise. Once we board, I do plan to alert C&A of the postions changes so hopefully going into the next cruise we will get some benefits. At the end of the NZ cruise we will reach Emerald and following the TP, Diamond going into the final 12 day Hawaii cruise by being in a JS.

• 4 weeks later...

Right now I am Platinum but will be Diamond via reciprocity after a Celebrity cruise in February that will make me Elite there. If I book a RC cruise while Platinum and get the balcony discount, can I get it adjusted to the higher amount when I become Diamond (it would still be over 6 months before my cruise)? I understand that the lower price could affect whatever OBC I get from my travel agent. Or do I need to wait until I am Diamond to book?

Edited by MisterBill99