Platinum~Emerald~Diamond~Diamond Plus~Pinnacle Balcony Discounts as of Jan. 21, 2011

Ian,

Just call the UK C&A desk on 0844 493 5010 - they will apply the discount and send you a new invoice. I did this about a week ago and it was very efficient. I got £120 for what is shown in this thread and on the website as $175 discount, so worth a quick call :)

Cheers.

Thanks. Got £15 refunded (£7.50 each for our cruise). We are however just on a 5 night cruise.

Can you use the balcony discounts with the $off from Visa points and savings certificates?

If you booked on board you will get the OBC plus the ability to combine with either balcony discount or C&A Savings Certificate.

You can also cash in Visa Points for OBC and apply that to your booking. If you use a TA that is offering OBC, that can also be applied.

The only thing that can not be combined is OBC from Shareholder Benefits.:(

Thanks. Got £15 refunded (£7.50 each for our cruise). We are however just on a 5 night cruise.

Great - sounds like a $25 equivalent, I guess. Worth a couple of cocktails on board :)

I'm lucky enough to be doing a 14 night Transatlantic, where I got a very good deal on a JS (plus the discount), so I'll be racking up some C&A points.:cool:

We are currently at Gold level (29 points). While on our next cruise, if we book a next cruise, will we get the platinum level discount for booking a balcony, or will we have to wait until we get home to get the balcony discount? I would think we would get it onboard, but that is an assumption on my part...

We are currently Platinum. but will be Emerald by the time of our second cruise. How close to the cruise date can one claim this discount.

Once you have earned your Emerald status, you can call C&A and they will adjust your balcony discount. You should really do this prior to final payment, but it has been reported here that you can do it after final as well.

We are currently at Gold level (29 points). While on our next cruise, if we book a next cruise, will we get the platinum level discount for booking a balcony, or will we have to wait until we get home to get the balcony discount? I would think we would get it onboard, but that is an assumption on my part...

Once you have completed the cruise that makes you Platinum, then all cruises booked after that will get the Platinum discount. You can't get the discount for the higher level until you haven't earned it.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

We booked a cruise while on board in April 2009 for a cruise in November 2010. In September 2010, we changed that November 2010 cruise to November 2011. Do we get $200 or $225 balcony discount (we're Diamond)? Are we supposed to also get OBC? Our TA called C&A & they said $200.:)

We booked a cruise while on board in April 2009 for a cruise in November 2010. In September 2010, we changed that November 2010 cruise to November 2011. Do we get $200 or $225 balcony discount (we're Diamond)? Are we supposed to also get OBC? Our TA called C&A & they said $200.:)

I went through the same situation - C&A give you the balcony discount that was in effect at the time you purchased your certificate/cruise onboard. Same with OBC.

can anyone tell me what is NextCruise Certificate? Thanks!

When booking onboard, if you don't know what sailing you would like to book next, you can buy a NextCruise Certificate for $100 pp which covers your deposit and gets you OBC for your next cruise. Once you decide how you would like to use it, you book your cruise! (can be through RCI or TA)

• 2 weeks later...

Just want to thank those of you who advised calling for a balcony discount!! You are all so smart!

When I originally booked my Hawaii cruise in August of 2010, I used a Next Cruise booking I had made in October of 2009. I asked up front if I could get the $200 on board credit and the balcony discount for $200 (for a 12 night cruise). At first they told me yes, and then on a later call when I was checking the receipt, they said I couldn't combine the discount. I even escalated to a supervisor and was told no way, I could not combine the onboard credit with a platinum balcony discount. I was so disappointed :(

Anyway - reading through this thread, I realized that maybe things had changed. I just called and got the $200 balcony discount for the cruise after all!!! So happy about that! No problems at all and I have all of you to thank!

• 4 weeks later...
I went through the same situation - C&A give you the balcony discount that was in effect at the time you purchased your certificate/cruise onboard. Same with OBC.[/quoteAllure

I am involved in a similar situation. While aboard the Oasis (March,2010) we had booked the Allure for the last week in October, 2011. However we then realized that was the same time as the repo from Boston to Miami which we had previously booked. So now we had two reservation for the same time!

I called Royal a few day ago and had the deposit of 200.00 (100.00 each since we booked onboard) and had it transferred to a new booking on the Allure in October 2012. I only received the reduced deposit on the new booking, but not the 100.00 OBC. If I had not entitled to it, so be it. But I would just like to check with the CC members who can tell me whats what! Thank you all.

Christine

I went through the same situation - C&A give you the balcony discount that was in effect at the time you purchased your certificate/cruise onboard. Same with OBC.
Allure

I am involved in a similar situation. While aboard the Oasis (March,2010) we had booked the Allure for the last week in October, 2011. However we then realized that was the same time as the repo from Boston to Miami which we had previously booked. So now we had two reservation for the same time!

I called Royal a few day ago and had the deposit of 200.00 (100.00 each since we booked onboard) and had it transferred to a new booking on the Allure in October 2012. I only received the reduced deposit on the new booking, but not the 100.00 OBC. If I had not entitled to it, so be it. But I would just like to check with the CC members who can tell me whats what! Thank you all.

Christine

Hi Christine, if you kept the same booking number that you had for the Allure 2011 cruise and transferred it to a cruise on Allure in 2012 then you should have gotten the OBC. I would call back and speak to another rep.

Edited by cruisenfever

We have an upcoming cruise in August (booked onboard last May) that we've had to move three times because of shifting schedules. The OBC has followed us through all three changes - as did the original booking number.

I'm not sure, however, whether the balcony discounts are following along all that well. I presumed that since we've reached the next level (diamond) prior to this cruise and had the balcony discount applied at the platinum level when we originally booked, that it would be adjusted up to the diamond balcony discount amount, but that hasn't happened. Do I have to call C&A, or am I just seeing lag time? The credit for our last cruise just showed up on Friday.

Edited by orville99

We have an upcoming cruise in August (booked onboard last May) that we've had to move three times because of shifting schedules. The OBC has followed us through all three changes - as did the original booking number.

I'm not sure, however, whether the balcony discounts are following along all that well. I presumed that since we've reached the next level (diamond) prior to this cruise and had the balcony discount applied at the platinum level when we originally booked, that it would be adjusted up to the diamond balcony discount amount, but that hasn't happened. Do I have to call C&A, or am I just seeing lag time? The credit for our last cruise just showed up on Friday.

Absolutely call C&A and have your cruise fare readjusted. You have to ask for it to be readjusted, it's not automatic.

When you buy a next cruise certificate you only have to pay $100. and buy it for one passenger. When you use it you pay the other $100. and still get all of your benefits. We just tried it and it worked. I had read this on cruise critic but had to try it for myself to believe it!

Thanks for the great info, Patti!

When you buy a next cruise certificate you only have to pay $100. and buy it for one passenger. When you use it you pay the other $100. and still get all of your benefits. We just tried it and it worked. I had read this on cruise critic but had to try it for myself to believe it!

Thanks for the great info, Patti!

You're welcome.

Darn, now the secret is out.:D

• 2 weeks later...
Your booking date for a NextCruise is when it was created not when the booking number is activated.

So if you were on a ship today and purchased a NC your creation date would hopefully be 1/22/2011. If you go home and convert that into a cruise that sails prior to 7/22/2011 you would be within the 6 month window and would subtract $25 from your balcony discount.

If you booked a cruise with your NC for 8/22/2011 or beyond than you do not lose $25.

I got a nc in December 2010. I just converted it today to a Freedom booking in October. They only gave me the $200 diamond discount. Should I be calling asking for the extra $25.

I got a nc in December 2010. I just converted it today to a Freedom booking in October. They only gave me the $200 diamond discount. Should I be calling asking for the extra $25.

The extra $25 is for a cruise that is 6 or more months away.....unfortunately you are only 5 months away.

We did receive the full discount amount for a December cruise that we just booked. :)

Edited by Coralc

I called Royal anyway. She stated that since the actual ship was booked within 6 months, the extra $25 was out. I then asked why the taxes and fees were higher for me, but not for somebody booking the same cruise today. Her answer was thats what the taxes and fees were when I booked the next cruise in December. So, they interpret things to their advantage. I guess thats the payback for all the years of combining discounts and other benefits.