Platinum~Emerald~Diamond~Diamond Plus~Pinnacle Balcony Discounts as of Jan. 21, 2011

• 1 month later...

Sorry if this has been asked before but I did not see the answer. Can a Diamond Plus balcony discount be used on a guaranteed balcony rate? And am I correct on a 10 nighter it would be $325 off a balcony? Thanks for your answers.

Sorry if this has been asked before but I did not see the answer. Can a Diamond Plus balcony discount be used on a guaranteed balcony rate? And am I correct on a 10 nighter it would be $325 off a balcony? Thanks for your answers.

Yes, you can use the balcony discount on a guarantee.

The D+ discount for a 10 night cruise is $350 if booked more than 6 months in advance. The D+ discount is $325 if booked less than 6 months in advance.

Edited by clarea

remember if you have been holding a Next Cruise credit for 6 mos or more then book a ship 2 months out, you still get the full credit.:cool:

I tried this last week and was told its from the date you convert the NCC not the date it was purchased. My balcony discount was $25 less even though I bought the NCC over a year ago. I called back several times and was told the same thing by different reps:mad:.

remember if you have been holding a Next Cruise credit for 6 mos or more then book a ship 2 months out, you still get the full credit.

This is not correct. Your balcony discount is determined by the date you convert not the date you created your NC booking.

I tried this last week and was told its from the date you convert the NCC not the date it was purchased. My balcony discount was $25 less even though I bought the NCC over a year ago. I called back several times and was told the same thing by different reps:mad:.

This is correct.

Edited by cruisenfever

This is not correct. Your balcony discount is determined by the date you convert not the date you created your NC booking.

OK, how about this: You have a NC and convert it Jan 1, 2013 to a cruise sailing May 1, 2013. So far as I understand there's no extra $25 balcony discount because the conversion is less than 6 mo in advance. Then, on Feb 1, 2013, you change your mind and decide to move that booking to a cruise sailing on July 15, 2013. So you made the change 5.5 months in advance, but first converted the NC 6.5 months in advance. Do you get the extra $25?

OK, how about this: You have a NC and convert it Jan 1, 2013 to a cruise sailing May 1, 2013. So far as I understand there's no extra $25 balcony discount because the conversion is less than 6 mo in advance. Then, on Feb 1, 2013, you change your mind and decide to move that booking to a cruise sailing on July 15, 2013. So you made the change 5.5 months in advance, but first converted the NC 6.5 months in advance. Do you get the extra $25?

Oh please........too complicated!:D I'm trying to explain creating versus converting and now you have to throw in a "transfer".

Good question that I have no answer for because we've never done that.:o

Edited by cruisenfever

Oh please........too complicated!:D I'm trying to explain creating versus converting and now you have to throw in a "transfer".

Good question that I have no answer for because we've never done that.:o

I just wanted to make sure you were fully awake today!;)

Yes, you can use the balcony discount on a guarantee.

The D+ discount for a 10 night cruise is $350 if booked more than 6 months in advance. The D+ discount is $325 if booked less than 6 months in advance.

Thank you for your quick response. That December cruise is looking more tempting each minute. Throw in "Diamonds in December " (I know it has not been announced for this year yet)and it will be too good to pass up.

Where on the Royal Caribbean site can you find the balcony discounts for different C@A levels that are mentioned in this thread?

I don't believe the current balcony discounts are posted on Royal's site. However, Patti (cruisenfever) has compliled a list and posted it before:

Platinum Balcony Discount When Booking More Than 6 Months From Sailing Date:

$ 50* for sailings of 3-5 nights

$100* for sailings of 6-9 nights

$200* for sailings of 10+ nights

Emerald Balcony Discount When Booking More Than 6 Months From Sailing Date:

$ 75* for sailings of 3-5 nights

$125* for sailings of 6-9 nights

$225* for sailings of 10+ nights

Diamond Balcony Discount When Booking More Than 6 Months From Sailing Date:

$125* for sailings of 3-5 nights

$225* for sailings of 6-9 nights

$325* for sailings of 10+ nights

Diamond Plus & Pinnacle Balcony Discount When Booking More Than 6 Months From Sailing Date:

$150* for sailings of 3-5 nights

$250* for sailings of 6-9 nights

$350* for sailings of 10+ nights

*When booking less than 6 months from sailing date subtract $25 from each dollar amount.

Edited by clarea

OK - so here's a question for the gurus. I want to change my booking from a Southern Caribbean to a Transatlantic. (We booked thei while on another cruise.)The fares on the TA have dropped considerably, to the point where it will be far cheaper for us to fly to Spain and take the TA. Talk about a stroke of luck!

Anyway, the fare for the two of us (balcony) is $1465.30 with taxes and fees. We're Emerald and it's a 14 day cruise. If I call to confirm the courtesy reservation I made last night (and cancel the other cruise), should I get the OBC of $150 that I originally rec'd plus the $200 for balcony discount (it's 5-1/2 months out now)?

Thanks for your help.

OK - so here's a question for the gurus. I want to change my booking from a Southern Caribbean to a Transatlantic. (We booked thei while on another cruise.)The fares on the TA have dropped considerably, to the point where it will be far cheaper for us to fly to Spain and take the TA. Talk about a stroke of luck!

Anyway, the fare for the two of us (balcony) is $1465.30 with taxes and fees. We're Emerald and it's a 14 day cruise. If I call to confirm the courtesy reservation I made last night (and cancel the other cruise), should I get the OBC of $150 that I originally rec'd plus the $200 for balcony discount (it's 5-1/2 months out now)?

Thanks for your help.

Yes, you should get $150 OBC and at least $200 for the balcony discount. You may get $225 balcony discount depending on if they use the original booking date of the reservation.

Thanks for your help.

DO NOT CANCEL. You want to keep the same booking number but you want to change ships/itinerary/sailing date. By doing this all C&A benefits will transfer over to the new booking. The balcony discount will most probably be adjusted.

Yes, you should get $150 OBC and at least $200 for the balcony discount. You may get $225 balcony discount depending on if they use the original booking date of the reservation.

Bob, if she cancels the existing reservation that has the OBC won't she lose that?

I am thinking of changing a booking also.

If I keep the same booking number, I will get the OBC from my next cruise certificate based on the new cruise, and the balcony discount also based on the new cruise. For example the original cruise is 9 nights and the second would be 14 nights. So, I would get the benefit of the new cruise, correct?

I was just at the TA's office, and she was unsure.

Bob, if she cancels the existing reservation that has the OBC won't she lose that?

Yes, if she cancels, but my impression was that she was going to change the booking, not cancel.

If I keep the same booking number, I will get the OBC from my next cruise certificate based on the new cruise, and the balcony discount also based on the new cruise. For example the original cruise is 9 nights and the second would be 14 nights. So, I would get the benefit of the new cruise, correct?

Correct, the OBC and balcony discount will be based on the new cruise, not the old. Just be sure to use the word "change" not "cancel".

Yes, as long as you use the word "transfer" you will be good. Your balcony discount will be adjusted.

Yes, if she cancels, but my impression was that she was going to change the booking, not cancel.

When I read it and saw the word "cancel" I panicked for her!!

Yes, as long as you use the word "transfer" you will be good. Your balcony discount will be adjusted.

When I read it and saw the word "cancel" I panicked for her!!

You're correct! I saw the word change in the first sentence and missed the the word cancel in the second.:eek: I think your eagle eye just saved her a bunch of money!:)

You're correct! I saw the word change in the first sentence and missed the the word cancel in the second.:eek: I think your eagle eye just saved her a bunch of money!:)

At least she's got 2 people looking after her!:D

Edited by cruisenfever