Platinum~Emerald~Diamond~Diamond Plus~Pinnacle Balcony Discounts as of Jan. 21, 2011

OK - Read through the thread and I am just looking for confirmation that this is the best thing to do to get the most bang for the buck.

We are sailing the week of Thanksgiving. I am starting to plan a surprize 40th birthday cruise for the hubby in Feb 2013. (I know it is a ways off:( - but at least it would be something to count down to)

My thought was to book it on board to get the reduced deposit plus he may not pay as much attention to the extra Royal Carribean charge on the credit card. :o

So, if I understand it, we would get a $100 OBC for booking on board, since the one I am looking at is a week.

We are currently Gold but after this cruise becoming Platinum. I won't be Platinum until after the cruise, so if I book a balcony onboard, I can call RCCL to apply the Platinum Balcony Bonus to the trip once it is posted.

Finally, if the cruise we are booked on comes up as one of cruises on a savings certificate, can we then add that OBC? (they currently do not have any 2013 cruises)

Thanks as always for all the great information!

Karen

You are right on everything except the last. You cannot combine a Savings Cert and a balcony discount. You can combine the OBC and one of the other 2, but not both.

Effective January 21, 2011....here is a breakdown of balcony discounts per cabin for Platinum, Emerald, Diamond, Diamond Plus and Pinnacle Members as well as OBC being offered when booking on board.

Platinum Balcony Discount When Booking More Than 6 Months From Sailing Date:

$ 50 * for sailings of 3-5 nights

$100* for sailings of 6-9 nights

$200* for sailings of 10-14 nights

$200* for sailings of 15+ nights

Emerald Balcony Discount When Booking More Than 6 Months From Sailing Date:

$ 75 * for sailings of 3-5 nights

$125* for sailings of 6-9 nights

$225* for sailings of 10-14 nights

$225* for sailings of 15+ nights

Diamond Balcony Discount When Booking More Than 6 Months From Sailing Date:

$125* for sailings of 3-5 nights

$225* for sailings of 6-9 nights

$325* for sailings of 10-14 nights

$325* for sailings of 15+ nights

Diamond Plus & Pinnacle Balcony Discount When Booking More Than 6 Months From Sailing Date:

$150* for sailings of 3-5 nights

$250* for sailings of 6-9 nights

$350* for sailings of 10-14 nights

$350* for sailings of 15+ nights

*When booking less than 6 months from sailing date subtract $25 from each dollar amount.

OBC From Booking On Board

$25 for sailings of 3-5 nights

$100 for sailings of 6-9 nights

$150 for sailings of 10-14 nights

$200 for sailings of 15+ nights

Thank you for posting this info!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, you guys really know a lot. I've read thru the whole thread and I have some questions regarding our coming cruise.

We are Gold, and will be Platinum after our transatlantic in Apr2012. We are tempted to book for a Greece cruise in Oct2012 :D

Is possible for us to book it now, then buy a NC when we are onboard in Apr2012. When we get back, call our TA to apply the NC + Platinum discount for our JS in Oct2012?

Which means, we'll be getting the OBC from TA, JS discount for Platinum & OBC for the NC. And I wonder, if my TA says that I can't combine all, is it possible for me to move my booking to another TA while retaining all the benefits?

Thank you for all the help.

Obtain a Next Cruise certificate on your cruise in April.

Make sure THAT IT IS NOT transferred to your current travel agent. Have Royal Caribbean as the booking agent for the certificate.

Once you decide on a cruise, you can use the certificate to book with any travel agent that you wish. Once you pick a sailing date & cruise, you can transfer the booking. Or you can call a TA and give them your next cruise booking number.

Once a travel agent has your booking...it is just about impossible to move it to another travel agent. TA#1 owns your booking.

And no, you can't really apply a next cruise certificate to a current booking unless there has been no price change.

Edited by Coralc

Thanks for posting this information.

I have a bit of a cheeky question. We had booked an interior cabin for an 11 night cruise. We received a call from RCI and were able to upsell to a balcony cabin for a price. As Platinum members are we now entitled to the $175 discount? I am happy to have my balcony cabin but would be over the moon if I can claim the discount also ;)

I have a bit of a cheeky question. We had booked an interior cabin for an 11 night cruise. We received a call from RCI and were able to upsell to a balcony cabin for a price. As Platinum members are we now entitled to the $175 discount? I am happy to have my balcony cabin but would be over the moon if I can claim the discount also ;)

Yes, call C&A (or your travel agent if appropriate) and ask for the balcony discount to be applied.

As Clarea said, you definitely get the Platinum balcony discount! Now you can start planning your trip to the moon, too!! :D

I'm going to throw this one out there to all you brilliant people

Currently Gold - will be Platinum after leg 1 of our Jan 26 & Jan 30th B2B on Liberty

• Booked for Oasis in April (inside) final pmt due when on turnaround day in January so have to pay off before we leave for FL.
  • Oasis is a next cruise booking from last year and has a savings certificate of $65 applied
  • If I see a balcony price i'm willing to pay before final can I book that, pay the price and then apply the balcony discount once I get back from the Liberty Jan cruises (how will this get credited - refund to CC or OBC?)
  • If I see a balcony price after final can I upgrade and apply the balcony discount

I am thinking after typing all this for the sake of $35 in the difference between the OBC/Balcony discount it's way more paperwork than it'd be worth lol

• 4 weeks later...

Thank you all. I rang Crown and Anchor and am in the middle of getting my refund for the balcony cabin! It will be nice to get back home and find my refund!

Currently cruising Rhapsody of the Seas:D

2 days of the cruise left:(

• 3 weeks later...
Anyone know the UK figures? I believe it is per person.

Thanks

UK C&A Balcony/Suite Discounts-Per Stateroom

Platinum -

Sailing-----More than 6 months----Less than 6 months

3-5 nights----------£30--------------------£15

6-9 nights----------£70--------------------£50

10+ nights---------£135------------------£120

Emerald

3-5 nights----------£50-------------------£30

6-9 nights----------£85-------------------£70

10+ nights---------£150-----------------£135

Diamond

3-5 nights----------£85-------------------£70

6-9 nights----------£150-----------------£135

10+ nights---------£220-----------------£200

Diamond Plus & Pinnacle

3-5 nights---------£100-----------------£85

6-9 nights---------£165-----------------£150

10+ nights--------£235-----------------£220

Thanks - thought it was per person, or is it just halved for that?

On our invoice the balcony discount is shown per person so for the 2 of us in a balcony cabin it is half the stateroom total discount amounts in GBP kindly detailed by Host Elizanessie above (many thanks BTW)

Edited by peteukmcr

Thanks - thought it was per person, or is it just halved for that?

On our invoice the balcony discount is shown per person so for the 2 of us in a balcony cabin it is half the stateroom total discount amounts in GBP kindly detailed by Host Elizanessie above (many thanks BTW)

Yes you are both correct it is normally shown as per person in the UK.

So yes half the amounts shown in my list.

Sorry if I confused anyone.

• 3 weeks later...
Thanks for the info. Any idea what the discounts are for booking suites?

Balcony discounts apply to all balcony cabins no matter what category they are. Your C&A level, number of nights and when you book will determine the amount of your discount.

Edited by cruisenfever

• 4 months later...
I was told that if you get the balcony discount you cannot get the 200 dollar shareholder obc, they wont combine anymore. Has anyone noticed this?

This has been true for a while now, since 12/31/08. However, you can combine the balcony discount with the OBC for booking on board.

Edited by clarea

This has been true for a while now, since 12/31/08. However, you can combine the balcony discount with the OBC for booking on board.

It would be nice if they reinstated that.

We are sailing out of NOLA again Bob. December 2013 on Serenade.:D

~Patti :)

It would be nice if they reinstated that.

We are sailing out of NOLA again Bob. December 2013 on Serenade.:D

~Patti :)

Hi Patti. We're looking at the Serenade TA that ends in New Orleans.

Bob

• 1 month later...

Hi all,

I really appreciate all of the good information. I have a question for you:

We purchased a next cruise certificate last Jan. I have been watching a cruise for next Jan. The price is very high but I keep thinking it will fall just as it did last year. Now I see a cabin that I would like.

I am wondering can I book the cruise and apply the NCC at a later date? If the price drops I would then have some family members who would want to come along and use my Family and Friends certificate.

How long before the F and F certificate has to be used?

I did not receive any paperwork for the Family and Friends certificate so how does that work?

I really appreciate any help that you can give me.

Stacey

Hi all,

I really appreciate all of the good information. I have a question for you:

We purchased a next cruise certificate last Jan. I have been watching a cruise for next Jan. The price is very high but I keep thinking it will fall just as it did last year. Now I see a cabin that I would like.

I am wondering can I book the cruise and apply the NCC at a later date? If the price drops I would then have some family members who would want to come along and use my Family and Friends certificate.

How long before the F and F certificate has to be used?

I did not receive any paperwork for the Family and Friends certificate so how does that work?

I really appreciate any help that you can give me.

Stacey

The NCC is a booking. There is no way to apply it to an existing booking. If you book a cruise now, without using the NCC, and later want to use the NCC, you would have to cancel the first booking and then assign the NCC to the cruise. Only problem with this is your assignment would be at the then current pricing.

The F&F certficates must be used within 30 days of when the NCC is first assigned to a specific cruise.

• 3 weeks later...

If I buy a Next Cruise Certificate with $100 deposit for myself, will additional deposit be required when I eventually convert into a GS booking? Cruise would be 7 nights or longer. (We are Diamond, if that matters.)

If so, how much extra deposit would apply to a suite booking?

An extra $100 to Double the $100 deposit for myself --plus $200 when I add my husband?

$400 Extra for me (to add up to regular GS deposit) plus $500 for my DH?

Some other amount?

What are the deposit rules, if we just book a future cruise while onboard? I've read conflicting info about RCI sometimes coming back to client for full deposit, after LA has promised $100 PP is all that's due until final payment.

Thanks,

Jane

Next Cruise is Ex OTS April 18, 2013 sailing