What I hate about cruising...

rugbypopsie

Its not so much the cruising bit of it but the aftermath...got off last Sunday..finally decided I could not put off the unpacking any longer:mad:

As you can see I am still putting it off, not finished and here I am back of CC wasting time....I hate unpacking the bags...I cant pretend its not all over...for this time.

What do you hate!

Like you I hate ..... "debarking"

(how I also hate that word) so lets say

disembarkation and then the unpacking process.

My other pet hate is all the drama thats goes with booking a cruise.

Is this the cruise I want?

Have I got a good price?

Will my cabin be OK?

Have I got a cabin yet?

Is the ship OK?

All that disappears once I go up that gangway and ding the card.

Moral....

Dont get off .

Just keep on cruising:D

Yeah Right:eek:

^^^^^^ agree with all of the above, especially unpacking and cooking!

The other thing is going back to work...............it takes 2 weeks at least to get back into reality........at least, and of course, whilst that is happening I'm already planning and booking the next one/s and can't get back into work as I'm getting excited about the upcoming ones :p

<<< oh still hasn't unpacked either

I hate people who have one little thing go wrong and then decide to ruin everybody's cruise by complaining about it over and over. Might I say in my experience this is usually at the dinning room where I just want to relax and be waited on.

And as Sandy said the rude awakening when you get home and have to cook your own meals and clean up after yourself - cruel.

I hate the word Disembar.... I think the word should not exsist.

I hate unpacking as well :( I just unpacked today.

I also hate people who winge on cruise if one thing goes wrong it wrecks there whole holiday I heard one lady saying the line on another cruise line there was no line up for the buffet and a few others.

I think every one should on there should not stress and relax i HATE the people who complain.

Completely agree with all the above.

Re buffet lines - on Princess if you go to the buffet at 3am, the only people in there are the ship's staff and they usually put out great curry then ;)

I hate it when I get home and the house starts swaying (and it's not from alcohol withdrawal .... ) :eek:

Yes that is very sad:mad:

You know its just about over.

My husband gets lost onboard ship when its time to unpack and also on the last night when it is time to pack up.

So I get both ends and then I moan to him that I am on holiday to but it makes no difference.

I hate spending all our money and some of next years as well,

and coming home and hubby saying That after next years holiday

(as there is always one booked)-

" there's no more to be booked until say 2013"

Because we have bills, debts etc . " and all these holidays are keeping us broke"

And I think

OH I can't manage that-

and I sigh and look at all the cruises on the internet, and my minds going over time and as I am reading Cruise critic and then I know that I am suffering an addiction.

And I go into withdrawals:o

I agree with Rugbypopsie - unpacking is the worst. But packing for the trip is fun.:)

BTW, you don't have to arrive 45 mins before a show on P & O.:D You can walk in 10 minutes ahead of time and get a reasonable seat. That annoyed us a bit on Princess. The theatre is just too small on Dawn P. & Sun P.

I hate looking down the corridor on the last night and seeing all the bags. It looks so sad and of course I can't believe some have just two little bags outside while we have two LARGE suitcases.

Never had a problem getting a seat in the theatre for a show and we have been on 17 cruises = just lucky I guess. Whenever we have a problem we just go with the flow - it always works out and seems funny when you get home and relate the tale to friends. I always say "don't travel"if you expect everything to be perfect.

Have a great day everyone

Janet:)

I love it just love it...have you noticed that all the posters have commented on how much they hate their cruise to end! No petty little complainers here.

I never understood people who think having a shower curtain cling to them or having to wait for a tender absolutely ruined their holiday.

Life is good, ships are fun, plenty of wonderful people to meet and places to explore.

Yes things do go wrong sometimes but in the scale of things does it really matter..for me..probably not, unless I missed the boat.:eek:

Hope to meet you all onboard sometime.

I love it just love it...have you noticed that all the posters have commented on how much they hate their cruise to end! No petty little complainers here.

I never understood people who think having a shower curtain cling to them or having to wait for a tender absolutely ruined their holiday.

Life is good, ships are fun, plenty of wonderful people to meet and places to explore.

Yes things do go wrong sometimes but in the scale of things does it really matter..for me..probably not, unless I missed the boat.:eek:

Hope to meet you all onboard sometime.

Yes, I noticed.

Off topic. Did you notice the positive responses from most cyclone victims, just happy to be alive? I loved the way Tully people, some of the worst affected, tidied up the piles of cyclone rubbish themselves, when the SES/Police/Army hadn't arrived to help. No petty little complainers there. Makes you proud to be Australian.

Archived