Eating near, but not at, Bayside

elcuchio24

So we usually stay on the beach but coming up we'll be staying around the Bayside area beacuse those who we are cruising with are adament in wanting to stay there the night before.

I'm looking for suggestions on good spots to eat- breakfast, lunch, dinner within walking distance of Bayside Market. We really have no interest in going to 'Bubba Gump' or one of those super touristy spots, any recomendations are greatly appriciated! (ps-we like just about any kind of food, as long as it's good)

Unfortunately most of the places in that section of Miami are limited to sandwich/cafeteria/diner places that cater to office workers. There is an interesting little sandwich shop with reasonable good Cuban food called Manolo$ Rene's over on NE1st Street.

I understand your reluctance with the chains in BMP, but if you walk around there, you may find a small place to your liking. Knife the Argentian steakhouse gets mixed but generally favorable reviews, for example. Also Pier Snappers has pretty good seafood.

But if you splurge on a cab to SoBe, walk up and down Lincoln Road and you'll find a variety of places with good food and the opportunity to people watch a bit. Menus are typically posted out side the restuarants, and you can eat along the walkstreet.

I do not recommend walking around Downtown Miami at night, and there are not many good restaurants within walking distance. You can take a taxi to a number of places in about a 5-10 minute cab ride. You can Google these places for their locations:

La Loggia (across from the courthouse)

Perricone's (Mary Brickell Village)

The River Oyster Bar

Tobacco Road (next to the Oyster bar - food is average, but there is live entertainment nightly)

Gordon Biersch (microbrewery)

Garcia's Seafood Grille (on the Miami River - fresh seafood - great for lunch)

Capital Grille

The Daily (good lunch spot - salads, sandwiches, soups)

Bin 18 (extensive wine list)

Bengal Indian

Unfortunately most of the places in that section of Miami are limited to sandwich/cafeteria/diner places that cater to office workers. There is an interesting little sandwich shop with reasonable good Cuban food called Manolo$ Rene's over on NE1st Street.

I understand your reluctance with the chains in BMP, but if you walk around there, you may find a small place to your liking. Knife the Argentian steakhouse gets mixed but generally favorable reviews, for example. Also Pier Snappers has pretty good seafood.

But if you splurge on a cab to SoBe, walk up and down Lincoln Road and you'll find a variety of places with good food and the opportunity to people watch a bit. Menus are typically posted out side the restuarants, and you can eat along the walkstreet.

Ya, we usually stay on SoBe so know those spots, just didn't know if there was much by Bayside. Thanks for the advice, might look into that Knife!

I second the suggestion of taking a cab to Bin 18 (Biscayne and 18th) - great food and service, mediterranean influenced, and a very extensive wine and imported list. My favorite local spot when I am in Miami. Good luck! :)

You MUST-MUST-MUST have lunch or dinner at Puntino's. It is a 5 minute walk from Bayside. The address is: 355 SE Second Street. Prices very reasonable and the owner is from Italy. Exellent Italian food!

We're arriving in Miami in two days and can't wait to go back to Puntino's.

Jo-Ann

You MUST-MUST-MUST have lunch or dinner at Puntino's. It is a 5 minute walk from Bayside. The address is: 355 SE Second Street. Prices very reasonable and the owner is from Italy. Exellent Italian food!

Jo-Ann

We ate dinner here one night last November. We each had a salad, wine, main course and shared dessert. Great service and great food!

We stayed at the Marriott Biscayne Bay in September and walked next door to Mike's at The Venetia, which is a sports bar, with very good food. I am not sure where you are staying but if you are at the HI or Intercontinental, it would be quite a walk. Also, for breakfast we went to The Daily Creative Food Co, which was awesome as well. Best of luck in your search, but you have come to the right place to find recommendations! Good Luck!

Jo-Ann

Sweet, that Puntino's rings a bell now that you mention it! I know I have seen mention of it in other threads and love Italian. Make a rez or show up? Thanks for the advice.

Sweet, that Puntino's rings a bell now that you mention it! I know I have seen mention of it in other threads and love Italian. Make a rez or show up? Thanks for the advice.

I would suggest a reservation. It's not a huge restaurant, so it would be better to know you have a reservation.

We arrived in Miami this morning, and we plan to head over there for lunch tomorrow and then dinner on Friday night along with 20 of our friends.

The food is very good and the prices are very reasonable.

Mangia!

Jo-Ann

Archived