Caribbean-Cruising Fashonista

indiana71

Terry - you look great in all of your outfits - I especially love the very first one with the hot pink top - so fun! Being as you look great with and without your wig & scarfs, I'd take em' and just see how you feel once on board!

Kim - I love that lanyard - I have never considered wearing one til I saw that one!! You should sell them! (to us!)

Terryd444: You are one special CCF:):cool:! Your style is TOTALLY appropriate for a Caribbean cruise. Other passengers will see your bright, cheerful colors - the wig is optional, certainly not necessary. Those tropical sun rays can do damage to unprotected skin so the red hat is perfect.

Don't avoid the beautiful blue water - wear something that you feel comfortable in. No one pays much attention when you're in the water. A coverup (if you want it) "covers up" anything you prefer not to show.

Thank you for posting the photos:). Everyone here loves to see what other CCFs plan to wear. We're honest and kind with suggestions. In your case, no advice needed!

Kim KS: Love your lanyard! I don't wear them but lots of women do...and yours goes with everything. (You could make $$ selling them!)

TerryD444 - LOVE LOVE LOVE your Red Hat and Total Style! I think your photos with the Scarves are Beautiful! They will also protect you from the strog Caribbean Sun. Make sure to come back with some Vacation Pictures.

So, I mentioned in an earlier post my health issues...I have stage4 cancer, have lost all my hair tho a little bit is growing back in...and I have a colostomy bag with a bad hernia behind it. Staying fashionable is such a challenge!! I have had to change my style to loose floaty tops and ponchos, so keep that in mind. As for hair I have fun wigs hats and scarves, but my daughter keeps telling me she loves it when I go proud and bare headed! Give me your thoughts my Fashionista friends...I am worried I will be hot and itchy in wigs in the Caribbean, tho I am sure the ship is air Conditioned...our first cruise so I value your input!

Here is with wig...and most of the tops are Chicos they have the best floaty covers!

[ATTACH]265609[/ATTACH]

I wore my wig in the Caribbean and it was surprisingly comfy. Sometimes I even put a hat on top which worked well too. Most wigs today are breathable - not like they used to be. I felt better with my fake hair than my straggly chemo hair. You really have a flair for clothes -- love it! The wig you are wearing is fab!!

Oh, but do be careful in the sun. You may burn more easily!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Edited by Hockeylovinmom

Thanks everyone for the kind words about my lanyard. I'm no professional beader - lol - but I have fun with it. I have enough beads to make another one so I'd like to make it and give it away here. If you are interested, send me an email at darrinandkim @ hotmail . com and I'll draw a winner in a few days. I originally said send me a private message - but I don't even know how to find private messages on here - LOL. Maybe they aren't even available? I just don't want to tie up the thread with a lot of replies.

Edited by Kim_KS

Terry I also saw something today and thought about your post, it was in Ross of all places. It was a dress swimsuit literally. It was a little short flared dress but designed for swimming in which may or may not be suitable. The inner part was attached to the "dress' and was what I would consider a normal one piece but the the dress covered it completely.

I googled swimwear dress and it came up with a few examples.

https://www.google.com/search?q=dress+swimsuit&hl=en&rlz=1C1CHKZ_enUS439US439&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=TAdRUfGON4ne9ATJr4GQAQ&ved=0CAoQ_AUoAQ&biw=1777&bih=845

Edited by CELTICGIRLCRUISER

Thanks for these ideas! I must have been hiding under a rock cos these little dress swimsuits are new to me and so perfect! Going to run out tomorrow to hunt for one!

And the maternity sut is also a good idea, I already do that for jeans which regular jeans are impossible any more they just have no give - except NYDJ, they are pretty good.

Oh I want that lanyard! Meet me in Miami Thursday!

Terry

Just read the rest of the comments on page 113....you are all so kind. Thank you so much for making me feel better about how it all looks. I plan to get Internet hookp on the ship, so hopefully I can post some outfits in context like Indiana does! I'm so excited!

Tomorrow I will post the hats, I'm trying to take four, the red one I will travel down with....my sailaway is blue and white palazzo pants with a white tank and white/navy RL blazer, red hat, gold shoes and bag. Hoping to look like a fatter Audrey Hepburn in my darkest sunglasses with that hat!

Terry

Just read the rest of the comments on page 113....you are all so kind. Thank you so much for making me feel better about how it all looks. I plan to get Internet hookp on the ship, so hopefully I can post some outfits in context like Indiana does! I'm so excited!

Tomorrow I will post the hats, I'm trying to take four, the red one I will travel down with....my sailaway is blue and white palazzo pants with a white tank and white/navy RL blazer, red hat, gold shoes and bag. Hoping to look like a fatter Audrey Hepburn in my darkest sunglasses with that hat!

Terry

Happy clothes make me happy! I can tell you are one happy chick, too!

I'd love to try a two piece swim suit, but I really feel I need one with a higher waist, not the classic bikini. Would that look too "matronly"? I have some really bad scarring on my belly - (surgeries, babies, etc). My bellybutton is not "right" either. Also, I'm no longer young. O: !

Does anybody know a good source? I checked Amazon - they were ok, but nothing very exciting!

Edited by Hockeylovinmom

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1364328558.672398.jpg.25b2c98d0dedbd3d55ab49c0ab052bf1.jpg

Here is my sailaway...RL jacket, Chico palazzo pants, Chico gold tank. Hermes scarf that was my Mums....wish it had a bit of red in it...oh well...love it anyway !

Gold Monsanto bag from a few years back. Red hat of course. Also have light weight dark blue cardigan I can switch put if jacket is too hot. It's knit cotton, but not lined so I think I will be comfy.

Is it too much? DH likes but I want to be sure it's not too costumy/even though I love nautical look.

Can you stand any more? I have a couple of dinner outfits....

Terry

[ATTACH]265796[/ATTACH]

Here is my sailaway...RL jacket, Chico palazzo pants, Chico gold tank. Hermes scarf that was my Mums....wish it had a bit of red in it...oh well...love it anyway !

Gold Monsanto bag from a few years back. Red hat of course. Also have light weight dark blue cardigan I can switch put if jacket is too hot. It's knit cotton, but not lined so I think I will be comfy.

Is it too much? DH likes but I want to be sure it's not too costumy/even though I love nautical look.

Can you stand any more? I have a couple of dinner outfits....

Terry

I totally love all your cruise outfits!!!! Sailaway is spot on!!!! Not costumey IMHO. I have to start pulling clothes now, lol. Just not sure I will be able to fit any clothes for my dh and 3 ds's :)